Xtra News Community 2
May 24, 2022, 03:41:41 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Obituaries

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Obituaries  (Read 24598 times)
reality
« Reply #375 on: November 18, 2015, 04:04:59 pm »

..good to see John Key paying respects to Jonah ...he had just seen Jonah and Nadene in London:Smiley

Jonah Lomu remembered by John Key and parliament

Prime minister John Key has expressed his shock and sadness of the passing of Jonah Lomu today.

Key who is currently Vietnam tweeted his condolences for the All Black great.

He said  Lomu was an inspirational athlete "who was generally regarded as the first true global superstar of rugby union".

"He was the rare combination of size, speed and power, and was a game changer whenever he stepped onto the field," Key said.

"Jonah was not only a great ambassador for rugby union, he was a great ambassador for New Zealand, and he made a significant contribution to the community through his support of numerous charities," Mr Key says.

"I caught up with Jonah and his wife Nadene a few weeks ago in London during his Unstoppable charity tour. He was in great spirits and moved the audience with stories from his childhood, through to his time as an All Black and the illness which ultimately ended his rugby career. 

"On behalf of all New Zealanders, I thank Jonah for his contribution to New Zealand.

"My thoughts are with Nadene and his family at this time." 

...read more here..http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/74165414/jonah-lomu-remembered-by-john-key-and-parliament

- Stuff
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: