Xtra News Community 2
March 29, 2024, 12:16:03 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

AUCKLAND Out of power - AGAIN!!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AUCKLAND Out of power - AGAIN!!  (Read 194 times)
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« on: March 05, 2009, 02:41:23 pm »

Wind knocks out power for hundreds of Aucklanders

Updated at 4:11pm on 5 March 2009

Hundreds of households are without power in parts of Auckland as gale force winds strengthen in the region.

Lines company Vector says 2,900 customers in Highbury were affected but have been reconnected.

However, 300 homes in Hillsborough and 120 in the Torbay area are still without power on Thursday afternoon.

Vector says it is expecting more problems later in the day as the bad weather that is passing over Northland moves south.

Power companies in the north of the North Island are on standby for a rugged night as the storm intensifies.

MetService says the bad weather should pass by Friday, making way for a south-west change and a fine weekend.

http://www.radionz.co.nz/news/stories/2009/03/05/1245a380a79e

Some times ya juss gotta laff  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Crusader
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2009, 02:52:10 pm »

Yawn. No doubt this will be the main headlines tonight as we all now Aucklanders almost riot when the power goes out up there.
Report Spam   Logged
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2009, 02:56:35 pm »

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10560127&ref=rss

and theyve got a little bit of rain tonight too 
Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.
donquixotenz
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

STILL TILTING

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2009, 03:13:43 pm »

lights flickered a wee bit earlier today in auck central. must have been some frantic switching going on.
Report Spam   Logged

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body.

But rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming...

WOW, What a Ride!"

Please note: IMHO and e&oe apply to all my posts.
ssweetpea
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2009, 04:08:32 pm »

It's somewhat windier than usual today.
Report Spam   Logged

The way politicians run this country a small white cat should have no problem http://sally4mp.blogspot.com/
robman
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2009, 05:53:01 pm »

No biggie.. I think we'd be disappointed if there wasn't a power cut when the weather gets a bit boisterous. Ours lasted about 10 minutes.
Report Spam   Logged

I once thought I was wrong but I was mistaken.
Magoo
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2009, 06:01:18 pm »

And don't you love it when it flicks off and on and you have to go round and reset all the clocks. Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
donquixotenz
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

STILL TILTING

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2009, 06:03:32 pm »

have to do that every week or so seems it happens during the wee hours so all the clocks stop and start to 00..00.00.00 or blink grrrrr at least when log on can get time and there is always cellphone
Report Spam   Logged

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body.

But rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming...

WOW, What a Ride!"

Please note: IMHO and e&oe apply to all my posts.
ssweetpea
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2009, 07:26:54 pm »

It's somewhat windier than usual today.

LOL Talk about famous last words. They we just starting to report on the power cuts in Auckland on TV3 news when - plink. Our power went out. That was a 6:15pm

It just came back on (9:05 pm).

Looks like the wind took out the high voltage line up at the village.
Two sections have been earthed and there are two united network trucks and six vans up there.
We have been listening to the sound of the portable generator down at the sewage pump station for the last ¾ of an hour.

Have I ever mentioned how I love my gas stove? and the beaut little LED light that goes for at least 30 hours on four AA batteries and can still light a room better than a jar full of candles?
Report Spam   Logged

The way politicians run this country a small white cat should have no problem http://sally4mp.blogspot.com/

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: