Xtra News Community 2
March 29, 2024, 01:58:17 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

texting with teenage rail fans, letting them drive his train.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: texting with teenage rail fans, letting them drive his train.  (Read 201 times)
Nitpicker1
« on: March 04, 2009, 06:59:55 pm »

http://gizmodo.com/assets/images/gizmodo/2008/09/train-crash.jpg

.... The NTSB is currently investigating whether or not text messaging may have played a part in the tragic head-on Metrolink train collision last Friday in LA that has claimed 26 lives. So far, they have confirmed that the engineer, who was among those killed, failed to stop at the final red signal. However, two teens have come forward saying that they received text messages from him shortly before the incident. Yeah, that sounds creepy—but the teens claim that they befriended the engineer after expressing interest in his work, often contacting him with questions about his job. http://i.gizmodo.com/5050222/death-toll-rises-to-26-in-la-train-crash-engineer-may-have-been-text-messaging-at-the-time

Final Text Message from Crashing Conductor: 'ur gonna run the locomotive'
By Adam Frucci, 7:20 PM on Tue Mar 3 2009,

.... It turns out that the engineer who crashed a train in California last year, killing 25 people, was a big fan of texting constantly with teenage rail fans. And letting them drive his train.

Minutes before crashing his train head-on into another train, he texted "I'm gonna do all the radio talkin' ... ur gonna run the locomotive & I'm gonna tell u how to do it" to a teenage rail enthusiast. He had multiple relationships with teenagers who were interested in railroads, and had let one of them into the locomotive cab within a week of the accident. He was so into talking to these kids that he had sent a whopping 43 texts and made four phone calls the day of the crash.

The moral of the story? If you're driving a train, pay attention, please. [SF Gate]
http://i.gizmodo.com/5163834/final-text-message-from-crashing-conductor-ur-gonna-run-the-locomotive

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Kiwithrottlejockey
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2009, 07:11:07 pm »

It would appear we need a Only in America.... thread at this group.
Report Spam   Logged
guest49
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2009, 05:06:35 am »

Or perhaps a "Not in New Zealand" thread.

Several times now, I have opened a thread, expecting to be titillated with salicious detail of governmental, police, social services etc misdeeds, only to find that they have occured in Ulan Bator or Tibilsi, or somewhere similar.
Report Spam   Logged
Nitpicker1
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2009, 12:14:28 pm »

Get titillatered here then Yak, specially for you and not from Ulan Bator or Tibilsi, or somewhere similar

Or perhaps a "Not in New Zealand" thread.

Several times now, I have opened a thread, expecting to be titillated with salicious detail of governmental, police, social services etc misdeeds, only to find that they have occured in Ulan Bator or Tibilsi, or somewhere similar.

Arrest over sex on street
Last updated 09:20 06/03/2009

Early morning sex on Blenheim's main shopping street has landed a stripper and an unemployed man in court.

Police saw the couple engaged in oral sex in Market St about 3.30am today, said Senior Sergeant Ciaran Sloan, of Blenheim police.

Police arrested a 31-year-old woman, who told them she was a stripper, and charged her with performing an indecent act in a public place.

A 42-year-old unemployed man, the recipient of the alleged crime, was charged with offensive behaviour.

The pair were likely to appear in the Blenheim District Court today.http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/2010335/Arrest-over-sex-on-street

Report Spam   Logged
dragontamer
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2009, 12:18:07 pm »

A 42-year-old unemployed man, the recipient of the alleged crime, was charged with offensive behaviour.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/2010335/Arrest-over-sex-on-street[/url]

BACK THE TRUCKUP!

Unemployed?  Stripper?  That bj wasn't free...........I want his freaken dole cancelled!
Report Spam   Logged
Nitpicker1
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2009, 12:44:55 pm »

Shocked  ? Roll Eyes 
Report Spam   Logged
Nitpicker1
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2009, 05:43:58 pm »

Get titillatered in nz again then Yak

Rape accused found with girls
By JODY O'CALLAGHAN - Manawatu Standard
Last updated 13:10 06/03/2009

A woman who kicked a door in to find three drunk schoolgirls and her sweaty boyfriend doing up his pants says she was so disgusted and broken-hearted she attacked him with a metal wrench.

Her boyfriend, Patrick Hare Rehu, 28, is charged with the rape of two 14-year-old schoolgirls at a room in the apartment above Guv'nors Tavern and for supplying them and another young friend with cannabis on June 19, last year.

His co-accused, Kerry Alexander Wilson, 44, pleaded guilty to one charge of raping one of the girls and another of indecent assault just before a depositions hearing in the Palmerston North District Court yesterday.

He will be sentenced on June 18.

Rehu, who lived at the apart-ment along from Wilson at the time of the incident, maintains his innocence.

Narkita Rueben, 22, told Judge Gregory Ross how she had briefly come home from work about 4pm to find Rehu playing video games and the three girls sitting on the bed.

The two had been in a relationship for about five months and lived together in a room at the Rangitikei Hotel Accommodation.

"I thought there was something wrong ... I was not happy but I had to get back to work."

When she returned at 7.30pm, Rehu said the girls had gone home and he would go on his bicycle to buy takeaways for dinner.

But after waiting nearly an hour, Miss Rueben discovered his bike was still in the building and she heard a female call out Rehu's name from Wilson's room down the hall.

When she knocked on his door, Wilson opened it slightly then slammed it in her face, she said.

"I kicked the door in and the lock popped ... it flew open."

Rehu "looked really nervous and was tying up his shorts", while the girls were in varying states of undress around the room, Miss Rueben said.

"He was really sweaty and out of breath. I was yelling and screaming at all of them."

The girls were "very intoxicated" one could hardly stand up with "legs like jelly" and another tried to climb out the window, she said.

She hit Rehu with a 12-inch-long wrench and pushed one of the girls because she was angry, she said.

"I felt sick, I felt disgusted and broken-hearted."

Rehu told her he "did it to all three of them", was sorry and told her not to say anything to police.

Evidence given by the three girls was suppressed.

Rehu was committed to trial and remanded in custody until May 5.

Shocked
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: