Xtra News Community 2
April 19, 2024, 05:22:35 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

How does one track down a breeder?

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How does one track down a breeder?  (Read 2185 times)
ssweetpea
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« on: March 04, 2009, 06:52:59 pm »

After nearly 20 years of moggies Mr sp wants to get a blue cat, he has always wanted one. Russian Blue by preferance but a British Blue would be perfectly ok.

No great hurry at this stage as we have decided that two cats (with assorted rabbits) is enough. We never intended to have three cats for the last nine years. We do however want to get Sally a companion when Smudge decides she has lived long enough.
Report Spam   Logged

The way politicians run this country a small white cat should have no problem http://sally4mp.blogspot.com/

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Alicat
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2009, 04:54:17 pm »

Had you considered a Blue Burmese?
Report Spam   Logged
donquixotenz
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

STILL TILTING

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2009, 06:15:16 pm »

http://search.live.com/results.aspx?q=russian+blue+cats&go=&form=QBRE&rf=1
Report Spam   Logged

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body.

But rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming...

WOW, What a Ride!"

Please note: IMHO and e&oe apply to all my posts.
Alicat
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2009, 07:12:07 pm »

If a Blue Burmese appealed, I can make the enquiries for you as to the right Breeder for you.
Report Spam   Logged
donquixotenz
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

STILL TILTING

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2009, 07:44:34 pm »

blue burmese breeders the previous one was blue russians

http://search.live.com/results.aspx?q=blue+burmese&go=&form=QBRE&rf=1
 These are all supposed to be only new zealand sources.
Report Spam   Logged

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body.

But rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming...

WOW, What a Ride!"

Alicat
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2009, 08:01:21 pm »

There aren't that many Blue Burmese around, however my Breeder will know of someone to recommend if you're interested. One of her Queens carries the Blue colour. I know her kittens have been sent to Auckland in the past so that would not be an issue. I'm also going to be meeting some Breeders at the Cat Show early April and can make some discrete enquiries if you like. It always pays to know of or have recommended a Breeder when looking for pedigree kittens because of in breeding and sickness 'issues.'
Report Spam   Logged
ssweetpea

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2009, 08:30:27 pm »

Personally I would love a burmese but Mr sp has his heart set on a Russian Blue and has had for as long as I have known him.
There is one on trademe at the moment but the seller doesn't seem to be a breeder, she has two kittens of different breeds listed and an alpaca but none of her previous feedbacks are related to the sale of animals.

We couldn't really afford it now anyway. Not while Smudge is still racking up the vet bills.

Later this year however....
Report Spam   Logged

The way politicians run this country a small white cat should have no problem http://sally4mp.blogspot.com/
Alicat
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2009, 07:36:23 am »

Naturally  Grin I'm a Burmese person. Naughty and full on though they can be, you've not been smooched properly by a feline until you've been headbutted and smooched by a Burmese. When I got Bailey, there was a lovely little Blue Girl. She was already spoken for, but my flatmate would have walked out the door with her on the spot given half a chance!
Report Spam   Logged
donquixotenz
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

STILL TILTING

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2009, 07:57:38 am »

Russisn blue breeders

intrigue
Coalgate, Selwyn, Canterbury     Yes kittens available
 03 318 2758  Email  www.britishshorthair.co.nz
More about intrigue 

lorraine robertson-smith
Auckland City Centre, Auckland City, Auckland     No kittens available
 09 422 0551  Email  www.beakfarm.co.nz
More about lorraine robertson-smith   

haxtendorf cattery
Ashburton, Ashburton, Canterbury     No kittens available
 03 308 6092  Email  www.haxtendorfrussianblue.co.nz
More about haxtendorf cattery   

wabski russian blue cattery
Wakari, Dunedin City, Otago     No kittens available
 03 476 4269  Email

Report Spam   Logged

WOW, What a Ride!"

donquixotenz
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

STILL TILTING

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2009, 07:59:17 am »

Burmese Cat Breeders in New Zealand
Burmese are vocal like the Siamese but have softer, sweeter meows. They are people oriented, forming strong bonds with their owners, gravitating toward all human activity. The Cat Fanciers' Association (CFA) breed information on the Burmese implies that all survival instinct of flight or fight seems to have been bred out of them. However they tend to be able to defend themselves quite well against other cats, even those larger than themselves. Please note that the above information was taken from Wikipedia.

Displaying 15 result(s) Order by: Relevancy | Alphabetically

blithebeauty
Waipapa, Far North, Northland     Yes kittens available
 09 407 3244  Email
More about blithebeauty   

cairistona burmese & mandalay
Milson, Palmerston North City, Manawatu Wanganui     Yes kittens available
 06 356 9696  Email  www.geocities.com/cairistona01
More about cairistona burmese & mandalay   

syaladnam mandalays & burmese
Tauweru Masterton, Masterton, Wellington     Yes kittens available
 06 216 0473  Email  henrard.co.nz
More about syaladnam mandalays & burmese   

sabokah burmese
Westmere, Wanganui, Manawatu Wanganui     Yes kittens available
 06 344 7866  Email  www.burmesecat.co.nz
More about sabokah burmese 

tobormory
Pirongia, Waipa, Waikato     Yes kittens available
 07 871 9157  Email
More about tobormory   

bidalejo burmese
Ohau, Horowhenua, Manawatu Wanganui     Yes kittens available
 06 367 8400  Email  www.Bidalejo.orcon.net.nz
More about bidalejo burmese 

zuriel burmese
Waikawau, Thames Coromandel, Waikato     No kittens available
 07 866 6903  Email
More about zuriel burmese 

timimoun
Colville, Thames Coromandel, Waikato     No kittens available
 07 866 6655  Email
More about timimoun 

goldvreneli burmese
Upper Takaka, Tasman District, Tasman     No kittens available
 03 525 9734  Email
More about goldvreneli burmese 

philip weber
Castlecliff, Wanganui, Manawatu Wanganui     No kittens available
 06 344 7804  Email
More about philip weber   

xzandu burmese mandalays, dreamweaver burmillas
Papanui, Christchurch City, Canterbury     No kittens available
 03 352 1021  Email
More about xzandu burmese mandalays, dreamweaver burmillas   

stenagys burmese & mandalay
Randwick Park, Manukau City, Auckland     No kittens available
 09 266 6463  Email
More about stenagys burmese & mandalay   

outathablu cattery
Albany, North Shore City, Auckland     No kittens available
 021 226 9329  Email
More about outathablu cattery   

chiquita cats
Auckland City Centre, Auckland City, Auckland     No kittens available
 09 268 6405  Email  www.chiquita.co.nz
More about chiquita cats   

shivalingham
Ararimu, Franklin Auckland, Auckland     No kittens available
 292 4974  Email  burmese.co.nz
More about shivalingham

Report Spam   Logged

WOW, What a Ride!"

dragontamer
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2009, 09:28:22 am »

Burmese are vocal like the Siamese but have softer, sweeter meows. On what planet? They are people oriented, forming strong bonds with their owners, gravitating toward all human activity. Yeah - when it suits them, and they don't 'gravitate' they claim ownershipThe Cat Fanciers' Association (CFA) breed information on the Burmese implies that all survival instinct of flight or fight seems to have been bred out of them. Habloodyhaha However they tend to be able to defend themselves quite well against other cats, even those larger than themselves. and dogs, and people and furniture and blankets and..............Please note that the above information was taken from Wikipedia.
 Wink

Report Spam   Logged
donquixotenz
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

STILL TILTING

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2009, 09:42:00 am »

Please note that the above information was taken from Wikipedia.
That might explain it!
Report Spam   Logged

WOW, What a Ride!"

ssweetpea

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2009, 11:40:52 am »

Thanks for that Donq, Beakfarm was the listing I found on trade me and that I couldn't find any animal related feedback for. Having their own web site explains that.

Definately something I will pursue later in the year.

Burmese are vocal like the Siamese but have softer, sweeter meows. On what planet? They are people oriented, forming strong bonds with their owners, gravitating toward all human activity. Yeah - when it suits them, and they don't 'gravitate' they claim ownershipThe Cat Fanciers' Association (CFA) breed information on the Burmese implies that all survival instinct of flight or fight seems to have been bred out of them. Habloodyhaha However they tend to be able to defend themselves quite well against other cats, even those larger than themselves. and dogs, and people and furniture and blankets and..............

LOL. That was one of the things I loved about Minnie. Australian Spotted Mists have a burmese/abysinian heritage and Min definately had that temperment, and meow. She was a bit of a coward however, Sally literally walked all over her most of the time, indoors anyway. The house seems very empty without her inspite of Sally's best efforts.
Report Spam   Logged

Alicat
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2009, 12:36:04 pm »

Finding the right Breeder is not about going through a list from a websitre, but going from recommendations of people who actually have or have first hand knowledge of kittens from particular Breeders. All publicity blurb on the websites is put there by that Breeder. They will not be letting on if there are any health issues.
Report Spam   Logged
donquixotenz
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

STILL TILTING

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2009, 04:55:29 pm »

I agree that zou should check out the breeders track record but in mz experience breeders are onlz to keen to slag off another but generallz if thez are a member of an official breeders club-organisation zou will be reasonablz ok also a check with vet should verifz health of kittens.
Used to breed and show both burmese-tonkinese and boxers so know the infighting that goes on ......in the case of dogs the kennel club is the best source of info imho.........
Please excuse tzpoäs bot kezboard has decided to scramble some of the kezs____
Report Spam   Logged

WOW, What a Ride!"

Alicat
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2009, 05:54:29 pm »

I found a wonderful Burmese Breeder in Palmerston North last year when my parents Tonkinese died at 17 and a half. I had already heard of her (good things) then a colleague of mine recommended her (he had 2 of her Boys). I liked her immediately when I spoke on the phone with her, then that was reinforced when I met her in person. My parents wee Girl worked out very well and while I was to-ing and fro-ing between Wellington-Palmerston North-Hastings, I fell in love with a little Chocolate Girl. She's 9 months old now and delightful(ly naughty) and gorgeous. Then ... my friend from work got one of hers, then a close friend around te corner from here got 2 of hers. They've all turned out to be wonderfully healthy and happy babies.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: