Xtra News Community 2
April 19, 2024, 09:46:19 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Why would someone buy me such a thing?

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why would someone buy me such a thing?  (Read 456 times)
dragontamer
« on: March 04, 2009, 12:15:35 pm »

I don't have ornaments (well, I do - they are all packed away in a crate).  I don't enjoy dusting them, nor do I like my family of larakins breaking the ones I think of as special.  So I have flat surfaces and like it that way.

I have a house full of animals, including 3 parrots.

So why oh why would my brother-in-law and his wife get us an alarm clock with a tweeting bird on top? 

What am I supposed to do with it?
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

ssweetpea
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2009, 12:30:37 pm »

A tweeting bird. A new tune for Gizmo and Oscar to learn?
Report Spam   Logged

The way politicians run this country a small white cat should have no problem http://sally4mp.blogspot.com/
dragontamer
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2009, 12:47:31 pm »

Angry
Report Spam   Logged
k1w14ever
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2009, 01:44:00 pm »

Oh tweety bird is just the all time best thing.  I have two tattoo's of him and love him. 
I collect shot classes and also frogs.  But that is it.

And anyone comes to my house and touches any of my things like that they get my toung.  I was brought up not to touch so will not let anyone comes and touch my stufff.

I remember a few years ago my sister inlaw came to visit with her two boys.  I had a collection of coke car and trucks.  They where on a low table and she went to move them.  I said please leave them alone.  She said that she did not want her sons to brake them so they needed to be moved up.   hahahhahaha  poor women did not know me very well.  I told her her sons would not touch them or i will smake them.  I told her my house my rules.   I said none of my friends kids touched them and so I expected her kids not too. She spend a few day of hell worryed that her kids would brake them or take them outside to play.  I had a box of toys thy coud play with but all they wanted was the cok cars.  So I spoke to them and said if you touch them Aunty K had a very long whip in her room and she would use it on you.  It worked.
Report Spam   Logged

The length of a film should be directly related to the endurance of the human bladder.
gladys2

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2009, 01:55:10 pm »

Show us the tatoos...
Report Spam   Logged
dragontamer
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2009, 02:14:38 pm »

'Scuse me.............this is about ME!

It's not tweetie bird kiwi - it's a tweeting bird.  Fuggen ugly little thing too. 

What the hell am I supposed to do with it?   I have visions of stashing it under the bed, and pulling it out and setting it up every blardy time they come over.

Where's the cat?  I can blame him. 

"GARRRRFIELD........HERE PUSSPUSSPUSS"
Report Spam   Logged
enemyoftheleft
Bloody-Good Member

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2009, 02:51:12 pm »

why not set the alarm then get your 3 parrots to beat the shit out of tweety bird when he pops his head out!!!!!

But talking of unwanted gifts,my paractice manager who constantly tells my wife she knows me more than she does brought for christmas a framed photograph of a large angel type gravestone covered in moss from a real cemetery...i hate cemeteries and don't even like to look over at them even when i drive past one,but now i have this bloody monstrosity in my office which i now feel i share with a strangers headstone Cry
Report Spam   Logged

liquor up front,poker at the rear
Alicat
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2009, 02:59:59 pm »

Dragontamer - I could always lend you Yogi when he's in a bad mood. You could set it off and let him loose!

I think I'd be packing it up and putting it away for a couple of years then give it back to your brother in law and his wife as a present.

My first after school job was at McClurgs Jewellers in Napier. They had a bloody cuckoo clock. That damn bird came out of it's wee house every bloody hour and mocked us with it's pathetic annoying whining voice. It got to the stage where a couple of us (both Juniors) stood there waiting just before the hour for the bloody thing. The Boss got the message and turned it off. I don't recall them getting any more cuckoo clocks once that one sold.
Report Spam   Logged
Ferney
Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2009, 04:37:00 pm »

Lol DragonT    It sounds hideous.  Put it in a bedroom drawer and forget where it is.   
Report Spam   Logged
Shef
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2009, 04:42:28 pm »

Geeze Hun - don't they like you LOL!! Use it as punishment for the kids ie whoever's been the naughtiest has to have it in their room.

LOL When Eldest was in Singapore she bought this absolutely hideous Minnie Mouse alarm clock for her youngest sister. It never kept the right time and would start screeching at all times of the night and day. It was also VERY durable. It took about 3 years of throwing it against the wall before it broke.
Report Spam   Logged

Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get.
dragontamer
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2009, 04:54:06 pm »

Cry

Probably not shef.  I'm the one who refuses to help when they use all their money on drugs and can't pay their bills.  I will supply meat and vegetables, but not more money.  So yeah - they probably hate me lol.

And Mr DT is probably being punished for marrying me and not saying anything for over 2 months.   

Oh well.

I'm trying to be nice about it for Mr DT, but he looks as perplexed as I feel.   Undecided

Methinks this is what happens when stoners go shopping - yeah?

My kids are all screaming with laughter.  I keep telling them "Hush - you'll hurt dad's feelings", but that just keeps the snorts to a minimum.

That minnie mouse clock wasn't kiwi made was it.  It would have broke first time if it was.  Oh Gads - only China would think a plastic bird that flaps and tweets is cute.  The fuggen things going to be indestructible (if I ever get it out of the box - I can't quite bring myself to touch it).
Report Spam   Logged
ssweetpea
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2009, 07:43:15 pm »

Geeze Hun - don't they like you LOL!! Use it as punishment for the kids ie whoever's been the naughtiest has to have it in their room.

Mr sp has a singing and dancing christmas tree that serves that purpose at work. Make a memorable mistake and it is on your desk. He has a 2 foot high troll (by the name of Mohair) in goggle eyed glasses that serves the same purpose outside of the festive season.
Report Spam   Logged

The way politicians run this country a small white cat should have no problem http://sally4mp.blogspot.com/
Calliope
Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

If music be the food of love, play on

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2009, 09:21:12 am »

Mr sp has a singing and dancing christmas tree that serves that purpose at work. Make a memorable mistake and it is on your desk. He has a 2 foot high troll (by the name of Mohair) in goggle eyed glasses that serves the same purpose outside of the festive season.

Now that could be construed as "cruel and unusual punishment" - Watch out you will have the Human Rights Commission on your back. 
Report Spam   Logged

[W]hat the internet and its cult of anonymity do is to provide a blanket sort of immunity for anybody who wants to say anything about anybody else, and it would be difficult in this sense to think of a more morally deformed exploitation of the concept of free speech.
- Richard Bernstein in the New York Times
Magoo
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2009, 09:29:01 am »

Whatever else you do Dragontamer, don't tell them you like it, even to be polite,  because gawd knows what they will turn up with next time.
Report Spam   Logged
donquixotenz
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

STILL TILTING

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2009, 09:31:18 am »

Hang onto it in the attic and drag it out in 25 years time and take it to an antiques road show. You may get lucky..........
Report Spam   Logged

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body.

But rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming...

WOW, What a Ride!"

Please note: IMHO and e&oe apply to all my posts.
Newtown-Fella
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2009, 09:38:48 am »

dragontamer ...

have you stopped to think how the tweeting bird on top of the clock feels ?

Report Spam   Logged
donquixotenz
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

STILL TILTING

« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2009, 09:41:44 am »

cuck who?
Report Spam   Logged

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body.

But rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming...

WOW, What a Ride!"

Please note: IMHO and e&oe apply to all my posts.
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2009, 11:57:39 am »

What am I supposed to do with it?

www.trademe.co.nz

look for the 'unwanted gifts' page  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.
dragontamer
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2009, 02:20:20 pm »

lol - I feel awful.  I know its a gift and I should be grateful, but gawdloveaduck its hideous. 
Report Spam   Logged
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2009, 02:46:10 pm »

.. and its one of those things that you HAVE to hang prominent for when they call for a cuppa .. do they come round often??
Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: