Xtra News Community 2
March 29, 2024, 04:51:41 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Childrens rights without responsibilities = mayhem at home and school

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Childrens rights without responsibilities = mayhem at home and school  (Read 2521 times)
Justic
Global Moderator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2010, 08:59:59 pm »

I never had rights as a kid they weren't heard of when I was young, oh you had the right to be anti social but it came with the right to get your arse kicked for being so, and as an adult, like most I have feck all rights as it is!

My wife's a teacher at one of the local primaries, man some of her horror stories about some of the kids at her school.... make your hair curl and turn grey.

No use bitching and moaning people, we  or at least most of you were the ones that let the over PCing of our society happen, we or more to the point you only have yourselves to blame.... hang your heads in shame...

in fact a good spell in the time out corner or on the naughty step my help you think about what you have done!

Thanks for our future guys, you all deserve a DB Roll Eyes Angry

Great post. It seems all those PC idiots like Sue Bradford have taken a big dump of standards in the toilet of society and pressed the flush button.

Children were being told their rights by teachers long before Sue Bradford became a politician.

http://www.womens-health.org.nz/index.php?page=unfortunate

This research changed many things about peoples rights, both adults and children

Male teenage bullying of parents (especially Mothers) increased dramatically over the last 10 years however now it is more common for teenage girls to behave in that manner.

I can't post details but figures I have show that clearly.

I personally think it is most unhelpful to blame one politician (even if it is SB Smiley) for the behaviour of out of control teenagers of today who are primed on drink and drugs.

Nitz subjest heading is spot on.  We are going to have a lost generation and probably more coming unless we can address it without political agenda's.
Report Spam   Logged

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."
AnFaolchudubh
Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

Faugh a ballagh!

« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2010, 09:14:09 pm »

My wife and I were sent this via email (it is not something I personally wrote before the morons decide to slate me for it) found it interesting

SCHOOL -- 1957 vs. 2009

Scenario :
Jack goes rabbit shooting before school, pulls into school parking lot with rifle in gun rack.

1957 - Vice Principal comes over, looks at Jack's rifle, goes to his car and gets his rifle & chats with Jack about guns.

2009 - School goes into lock down, Tactical Responce called, Jack hauled off to jail and never sees his ute or gun again..

Counsellors called in for traumatized students and teachers.

Scenario:
Johnny and Mark get into a fistfight after school.

1957 - Crowd gathers. Mark wins. Johnny and Mark shake hands and end up buddies.

2009 - Police called, arrests Johnny and Mark.   

Charge them with assault, both expelled even though Johnny started it.

Both children go to anger management programs for 3 months.

School board hold meeting to impliment bullying prevention programs

Scenario:
Robbie won't be still in class, disrupts other students.

1957 - Robbie sent to office and given 6 of the best by the Principal. 

Returns to class, sits still and does not disrupt class again.

2009 - Robbie given huge doses of Ritalin. Becomes a zombie.

Tested for ADD. Robbie's parents get fortnightly disability payments and School

gets extra funding from state because Robbie has a disability.

Scenario :
Billy breaks a window in his neighbor's car and his Dad gives him a whipping with his belt.

1957 - Billy is more careful next time, grows up normal, goes to Uni, and becomes a successful businessman.

2009 - Billy's dad is arrested for child abuse. Billy removed to foster care and joins a gang.

State psychologist tells Billy's sister that she remembers being abused herself and their dad goes to prison.

Scenario :
Mark gets a headache and takes some aspirin to school.

1957 - Mark gets glass of water from Principal to take aspirin with.

2009 - Police called, Mark expelled from school for drug violations.

Car searched for drugs and weapons. 

Scenario :
Pedro fails high school English.

1957 - Pedro goes to summer school, passes English and goes to Uni.

2009 - Pedro's cause is taken up by state. 

Newspaper articles appear nationally explaining that teaching English as a requirement for graduation is racist.   

AFRE files class action lawsuit against state school system and Pedro's English teacher.

English banned from core curriculum.       

Pedro given diploma anyway but ends up mowing lawns for a living because he cannot speak English. 

Scenario :
Johnny takes apart leftover firecrackers from Cracker night, puts them in a model airplane paint bottle, blows up a bullant nest.

1957 - Ants die.

2009- Tactical Responce , Federal Police & Anti-terrorism Squad called. 

Johnny charged with  domestic terrorism, Federal Police investigate parents, siblings removed from home, computers confiscated. 

Johnny's Dad goes on a terror watch list and is never allowed to fly again.

Scenario :
Johnny falls while running during recess and scrapes his knee. He is found crying by his teacher, Mary. 

Mary hugs him to comfort him.

1957 - In a short time, Johnny feels better and goes on playing.

2009 - Mary is accused of being a sexual predator and loses her job.

She faces 3 years in Prison. 

Johnny undergoes 5 years of therapy.

This should be sent to every e-mail address to show how stupid we have become!

Think about it!

Report Spam   Logged

Stupid people are not an endangered species so why are we protecting them
R. S. OhAllmurain
Crusader
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2010, 09:33:25 pm »

My wife and I were sent this via email (it is not something I personally wrote before the morons decide to slate me for it) found it interesting

The only people that would slate you for this are those that walk around life with blinkers on. Normal people would probably read it nod their head and say 'how very true.'
Report Spam   Logged
nitpicker1
XNC2 GOD

Nothing sexceeds like sexcess

« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2010, 07:31:37 am »

Teacher stabbing accused a 'good little boy'
By MIKE WATSON and MATT CALMAN
The Dominion Post
 05:00 12/05/2010

The Te Puke boy accused of stabbing a teacher has been brought up by extended family because his father is in prison, a relative says.

The boy's family are searching for answers......

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/education/3684163/Teacher-stabbing-accused-a-good-little-boy

seems to me that answer is way past useby date

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Teachers 'need more powers to protect themselves'
NZPA
Last updated 09:04 11/05/2010

Teachers need more power to protect themselves as schools become increasingly violent, the Secondary Principals Association says.

Te Puke High School maths teacher Steve Hose, 53, was yesterday stabbed four times in the neck and shoulder with a 10cm kitchen knife by a 13-year-old student at the end of class.

Weapons, such as knives and screwdrivers were increasingly common in schools, association president Patrick Walsh told Radio New Zealand.

Teachers needed greater resources to protect themselves, he said.

Education Minister Anne Tolley today said measures where in place to reduce school violence.

A $45 million action plan launched last year was helping reduce disruptive behaviour, she said.

Post Primary Teachers' Association president Kate Gainsford said the measures were effective at a primary level but violence in secondary schools continued to be a problem.

"School is supposed to be a safe sanctuary," she said.

"There's some serious work required."

Mr Hose was not seriously injured in yesterday's attack and was released from Tauranga Hospital in the afternoon.

The student who stabbed him was interviewed by police and put into the custody of Child, Youth and Family pending a family group conference, Western Bay of Plenty area commander Inspector Mike Clement said.

The incident occurred in a classroom in front of about 23 students.

Mr Hose did not lose consciousness and was able to give instructions to the students.

The students and seven teachers were interviewed by police and offered counselling through Victim Support and the school's own support programmes, Mr Clement said.

"The teacher was just sitting there helping the students and then the bell rang, he just came over and stabbed him in the back four times," one student told Radio New Zealand.

Mr Hose was said to be a well-liked teacher; he was rated 3.8 out of a possible five on the controversial ratemyteachers.com website.

Police yesterday completed a scene examination of the classroom and recovered the weapon.

It was not yet clear what prompted the stabbing.

Te Puke High School has more than 1000 students from year nine to 13.

Principal Alan Liddle described the decile five school on its website as "a friendly, future-focused school, which aims to provide quality learning experiences for each and every student".

The stabbing was the second of a teacher in just over a year.

In March last year, Korean student Tae Won Chung, 17, stabbed teacher David Warren in the back in front of 20 other students at Avondale College.

He was jailed for 18 months and ordered to pay $10,000 to his victim.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/education/3679772/Teachers-need-more-powers-to-protect-themselves

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Teachers attacked by the hundred
By NATHAN BEAUMONT - The Dominion Post

Last updated 05:00 08/03/2010
Hundreds of teachers have received ACC-funded treatment after being assaulted at school.

Principals are shocked by the figure and are demanding immediate action to make schools safer.

Some school staff now fear breaking up fights in case pupils have weapons, and others refuse to do lunchtime duty alone.

A teacher injured during a school attack says that staff will always be at risk from "nutters".

Figures issued to The Dominion Post under the Official Information Act show that 442 teachers needed ACC-funded treatment after assaults at school during 2008 and 2009, costing about $413,000.

Latest Education Ministry figures show there were a further 335 pupil assaults on teachers in 2008 that did not require ACC-funded treatment.

The most expensive individual claim was for a 2008 assault, worth about $124,000. ACC refused to provide details about the incident.

The two largest assault claims last year were about $40,000 and $45,000.

A secondary school teacher seriously injured in a classroom attack last year fears he will never make a full recovery. He has spinal injuries, suffers constant pain and tires easily.

"I am able to work only part-time hours because of the injury I sustained to my spinal cord. I have a pronounced limp in the leg that was paralysed and my neurosurgeon cannot say for sure that I will ever make a full recovery. Some situations still trigger flashbacks of the incident.

"As an avid sportsman, my lifestyle has had to undergo many changes which I am having trouble accepting.

"I think anyone in a job that fronts the public is at risk from the nutters that exist in our society, people who lack awareness of the damage they can inflict or lack conscience."

The Post Primary Teachers Association, a union representing about 18,000 teachers and principals, says that unless classrooms are made safer, teachers will leave the profession.

"It is a serious issue and I can't see the problem going away, but there are no easy answers," spokeswoman Jill Gray said.

Some teachers were too scared to do lunchtime duty alone and had resorted to supervising in pairs.

"I find it very sad that it has come to this, but hopefully these figures really highlight the issue and get some action started."

Secondary Principals Association president Peter Gall said there was anecdotal evidence of more fights between pupils involving weapons. It had reached the stage where teachers now had to consider their own safety before stepping in to break up fights.

Education Minister Anne Tolley said assaults of any kind on teachers were "completely unacceptable".

She hoped a $45 million Education Ministry-led project would help deal with behavioural problems in schools.

More than 5000 teachers from low-decile schools will have training in handling children who lash out or misbehave in the classroom.

In total, teachers made 9567 ACC claims during 2008 and 2009, totalling about $6.7 million. There are 93,000 registered teachers. Most of the claims were a result of lifting objects and straining muscles.

ACC costs relating to an injury covered a range of entitlements, including treatment, rehabilitation, medication, carers and home help.

An ACC spokeswoman said there were no specific injury-prevention programmes aimed at teachers. Most of its targeted injury prevention workplace programmes were for high-risk industries such as forestry, agriculture or construction.

there's a bit more at http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/education/3416051/Teachers-attacked-by-the-hundred

Seems to me whoever walks taller and carries the biggest stick wins.

AND  a lot more at    http://xtranewscommunity2.smfforfree.com/index.php/topic,6902.0.html 

« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 07:39:59 am by nitpicker1 » Report Spam   Logged

"Life might not be the party you were expecting, but you're here now, so you may as well get up and dance"
DidiMau69
Shit-Hot Member

On patrol Bien Hoa Province 1969

« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2010, 07:40:24 am »

The only people that would slate you for this are those that walk around life with blinkers on. Normal people would probably read it nod their head and say 'how very true.'

"Maurice" is due to start 'cawing' at any time!
Report Spam   Logged

Walk softly and carry a big stick. - Theodore Roosevelt.
Magoo
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2010, 07:52:49 am »

Good email.   
Report Spam   Logged
ssweetpea
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2010, 08:59:15 am »

Scenario:

There is a bit of a fault with that scenario, sometimes the wriggling and disruption has a cause beyond the naughty kid.Robbie won't be still in class, disrupts other students.

1957 - Robbie sent to office and given 6 of the best by the Principal

Returns to class but later on starts to wriggle around and disrupt the class again.

The cycle repeats.

Robbie starts to wag in order to avoid the caning.

Robbie gets caught of course but that doesn't change things.

The cycle repeats.

Robbie leaves school as soon as he and the school can get away with it (if not put in a home sooner) - gets menial employment which he may not be able to keep and eventually gets mixed up in the wrong crowd and spends the rest of his life getting in trouble.

If he got sent into a home he would now be laying a claim for abuse and blaming them for wreaking his life.

If he is still alive that is.

Sometimes ADHD and ADD are real disorders.

My daughter had/has a heck of a problem sitting still, it is part and parcel of the sensory perception problem that is one of the symptoms of Autistic Spectrum Disorder.

In 1957 she would have been instatutionalised for life.

In 2009 and beyond she has the potential to be able to hold down some sort of employment and live with minimal or no support. She is fortunate to be bright enough to work around her disorder.

Which reminds me - time to make an appointment with the doctor to get the WINZ form filled out to state she is still disabled according to their criteria. What is going to be interesting is that Sp2 doesn't think she is disabled as she isn't physically incapible.
Report Spam   Logged

The way politicians run this country a small white cat should have no problem http://sally4mp.blogspot.com/
guest49
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2010, 10:05:02 am »

100%  Take a bow.

When I went to school - and yes, it was in the 50's - the Robbie that was a little shit fitted in with that criteria above.
The Robbie that was special needs, was identified early on, and moved to a [for want of a better word] special needs class.  Not ideal by todays standards apparantly, but at least they wernt disrupting the class for those there to learn.
And funnily enough, back then teachers wernt being stabbed, they wernt being punched out, they wernt off on compo.

I'm sorry, but if theres a disruptive element in the class, I want it removed so my grandkids can get an education without distraction.  The rights of a special needs student should be subordinate to the rights of the other 35 pupils in the class.
Report Spam   Logged
Justic
Global Moderator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2010, 10:44:03 am »

Scenario:

There is a bit of a fault with that scenario, sometimes the wriggling and disruption has a cause beyond the naughty kid.Robbie won't be still in class, disrupts other students.

1957 - Robbie sent to office and given 6 of the best by the Principal

Returns to class but later on starts to wriggle around and disrupt the class again.

The cycle repeats.

Robbie starts to wag in order to avoid the caning.

Robbie gets caught of course but that doesn't change things.

The cycle repeats.

Robbie leaves school as soon as he and the school can get away with it (if not put in a home sooner) - gets menial employment which he may not be able to keep and eventually gets mixed up in the wrong crowd and spends the rest of his life getting in trouble.

If he got sent into a home he would now be laying a claim for abuse and blaming them for wreaking his life.

If he is still alive that is.

Sometimes ADHD and ADD are real disorders.

My daughter had/has a heck of a problem sitting still, it is part and parcel of the sensory perception problem that is one of the symptoms of Autistic Spectrum Disorder.

In 1957 she would have been instatutionalised for life.

In 2009 and beyond she has the potential to be able to hold down some sort of employment and live with minimal or no support. She is fortunate to be bright enough to work around her disorder.

Which reminds me - time to make an appointment with the doctor to get the WINZ form filled out to state she is still disabled according to their criteria. What is going to be interesting is that Sp2 doesn't think she is disabled as she isn't physically incapible.

Yes Sweetpea, I did think about that when it came through my email box. 

If only the world was as black and white as it suggests.
Report Spam   Logged

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."
AnFaolchudubh

Faugh a ballagh!

« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2010, 12:17:36 pm »

Now look, don't go fretting people, you all forget even tho it is your fault that we are looking at a good few lost generation you'll be glad to know that in todays PC utopia these young hoods, thugs and and right royal "I have rights/ i wanted it there fore I should have it NOW! and am allowed to do what I want when I want bugger you george I'm alright it's all about me" brats fall of the rails and end up in the can, they will be reformed into model citizens every last one of them because lets face it... they are just miss understood poor we dears who society has failled! So you can now all sleep (with one eye open) soundly in your beds having been reminded of that...

What a crock of absolute PC crap... this country is heading quick smart for hel in a ham basket! Angry
Report Spam   Logged

R. S. OhAllmurain
Justic
Global Moderator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2010, 01:59:29 pm »

Now look, don't go fretting people, you all forget even tho it is your fault that we are looking at a good few lost generation you'll be glad to know that in todays PC utopia these young hoods, thugs and and right royal "I have rights/ i wanted it there fore I should have it NOW! and am allowed to do what I want when I want bugger you george I'm alright it's all about me" brats fall of the rails and end up in the can, they will be reformed into model citizens every last one of them because lets face it... they are just miss understood poor we dears who society has failled! So you can now all sleep (with one eye open) soundly in your beds having been reminded of that...

What a crock of absolute PC crap... this country is heading quick smart for hel in a ham basket! Angry

Roll Eyes that should reassure Sweetpea NOT
Report Spam   Logged

AnFaolchudubh

Faugh a ballagh!

« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2010, 02:09:12 pm »

I love the way some adults use teenage termanology! It is almost as if they are trying to reclaim their youth!
Report Spam   Logged

R. S. OhAllmurain
Justic
Global Moderator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2010, 03:27:36 pm »

I love the way some adults use teenage termanology! It is almost as if they are trying to reclaim their youth!

Roll Eyes Grin just think one day you may even be old enough to have some wisdom Faol
Report Spam   Logged

AnFaolchudubh

Faugh a ballagh!

« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2010, 03:49:08 pm »

Roll Eyes Grin just think one day you may even be old enough to have some wisdom Faol

You too Justic... if it's not too late for you (Nice to see you being positive BTW)!

Saying not after an affirmative statement was common when I was in my last year at high school in the early 90's, we all thought we were cool saying things like that.... now that I look back it was really not cool and actually kinda pathetic and childish it sounds more childish coming from supposedly mature adults...

But if you want to be 14 again justic who am I to judge!
Report Spam   Logged

R. S. OhAllmurain
Justic
Global Moderator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2010, 04:48:17 pm »

You too Justic... if it's not too late for you (Nice to see you being positive BTW)!

Saying not after an affirmative statement was common when I was in my last year at high school in the early 90's, we all thought we were cool saying things like that.... now that I look back it was really not cool and actually kinda pathetic and childish it sounds more childish coming from supposedly mature adults...

But if you want to be 14 again justic who am I to judge!

But what you don't know is was it common prior to your time.  As far as I know there are no requirements in the use of language that applies to age, even if it is slang.

My response was every bit as positive as the ageism post you tossed buckoo.  Like giving it but can't take it perhaps  Grin

Report Spam   Logged

AnFaolchudubh

Faugh a ballagh!

« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2010, 06:07:16 pm »

But what you don't know is was it common prior to your time. 

LOL for the life of me I can't see where in my post I said it wasn't so how do you know I didn't know it was? You're not making un-informed assumptions now are you justic?

As far as I know there are no requirements in the use of language that applies to age, even if it is slang.

Guess you must have missed that in the fine print when you turned 21!

My response was every bit as positive as the ageism post you tossed buckoo.  Like giving it but can't take it perhaps  Grin

hehe, just you keep telling yourself that justic, if it makes you feel right. seems like maurice... I touched a raw nerve, but I could be wrong Wink Tongue

BTW justic, just because I don't slap smileys all over my posts doesn't mean that some are not typed in tongue and cheek...  just becareful you don't jump to the wrong conclusions, you wouldn't want to be caught making assumptions Grin Wink

Report Spam   Logged

R. S. OhAllmurain
Justic
Global Moderator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2010, 06:13:57 pm »

LOL for the life of me I can't see where in my post I said it wasn't so how do you know I didn't know it was? You're not making un-informed assumptions now are you justic?

As far as I know there are no requirements in the use of language that applies to age, even if it is slang.

hehe, just you keep telling yourself that justic, if it makes you feel right. seems like maurice... I touched a raw nerve, but I could be wrong Wink Tongue

BTW justic, just because I don't slap smileys all over my posts doesn't mean that some are not typed in tongue and cheek...  just becareful you don't jump to the wrong conclusions, you wouldn't want to be caught making assumptions Grin Wink

Get over yourself.  You and I are just some dots in a very big picture.
Report Spam   Logged

Justic
Global Moderator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2010, 06:17:39 pm »

Get over yourself.  You and I are just small dots in a very big picture.

If you want to debate something then I will debate it with you.  But if toss borax then I will surely toss it back.

I am beginning to wonder about the wisdom of the likes of me subsidising your your professional development

Report Spam   Logged

AnFaolchudubh

Faugh a ballagh!

« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2010, 06:22:48 pm »

hmmm yes, I really must have touched a nerve!

Oh dear, bad day at work justic, or is it you who can give but can't take, I got over myself a long long time ago when I left school and found out the world ain't all black and white and PC perfect and that I wasn't all that and a packet of crisps you don't need to tell me I'm just a dot justic, it may come as some surpprise to you even tho I'm younger than you, I learnt that a very long time ago, just remember justic when you point a finger at someone 3 are pointing back.  

And just what part of that was a debate, in all honesty, are you saying now that it was?

I apologise I miss read the smiley...
Report Spam   Logged

R. S. OhAllmurain
AnFaolchudubh

Faugh a ballagh!

« Reply #44 on: May 12, 2010, 06:32:42 pm »

I am beginning to wonder about the wisdom of the likes of me subsidising your your professional development

I'm sorry I've missed something there when have or will you be subsidising my professional development?

(if you're talking about me going to uni, i'll be paying a fair chunk, maybe with a bit of help from family (and you're not family)... if I bother to asked for it tho I'm not one to bludge, of that and you want to stop and consider that you've subsidised worse people (as bad as I may be in your eyes) than me in all sort of things for many years so that comment won't wash Roll Eyes)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 06:38:51 pm by AnFaolchudubh » Report Spam   Logged

R. S. OhAllmurain
Justic
Global Moderator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2010, 06:58:19 pm »

I'm sorry I've missed something there when have or will you be subsidising my professional development?

(if you're talking about me going to uni, i'll be paying a fair chunk, maybe with a bit of help from family (and you're not family)... if I bother to asked for it tho I'm not one to bludge, of that and you want to stop and consider that you've subsidised worse people (as bad as I may be in your eyes) than me in all sort of things for many years so that comment won't wash Roll Eyes)
'
What ever.  I never said you were bad.  I know you come from good stock LOL.  You just seem to be a different Faol to the one I used to know.
Report Spam   Logged

AnFaolchudubh

Faugh a ballagh!

« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2010, 07:11:08 pm »

'
What ever.  I never said you were bad.  I know you come from good stock LOL.  You just seem to be a different Faol to the one I used to know.

I guess I have changed some what, 12 1/2 years dealing with stupid and innaign (sp) people may have something to do with it... I dunno, I try not to be cynical... but by christ it's not easy these days!
Report Spam   Logged

R. S. OhAllmurain
AnFaolchudubh

Faugh a ballagh!

« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2010, 07:17:49 pm »

Bullying may be behind teacher's stabbing
NZPA
May 12, 2010, 7:39 am

Bullying may have led a student to stab his teacher four times at Te Puke High School in the western Bay of Plenty on Monday, the 13-year-old pupil's shocked family believes.

Maths teacher Steve Hose, 53, was stabbed in the back of the neck and shoulder shortly before midday and was rushed to Tauranga Hospital.

His injuries were not life-threatening but Mr Hose has yet to return to work.

Yesterday a member of the student's family said they were shocked and did not condone the violence but said the teenager had been bullied and that may have pushed him into stabbing his teacher.

The boy was now in custody with Child, Youth and Family in Auckland.

A close family member said the attack was completely out of character, the New Zealand Herald reported today.

The family member said the teen was slightly built and placid but had been bullied at the school which had a culture of bullying.

He had been suspended earlier this year after fighting with other students who he said had picked on him.

Principal Alan Liddle said the school had no formal record of the bullying claims.

He said staff and students were coping well with the incident and had been offered trauma counselling.

Mr Liddle met parents and caregivers of the students in the Year 9 class yesterday and said everyone was dealing with the attack.

"We're actually coping well, we're working well together," he told NZPA.

"We're providing the students with ongoing support and the student body is actually in good spirits."

He said it was not yet clear when Mr Hose would be back in his class.

The 13-year-old had been living with his grandmother on the outskirts of Te Puke since he was a few months old.

Rachael Adams, the boy's lawyer, told the newspaper he was very frightened, very shocked and very confused.

http://nz.news.yahoo.com/a/-/mp/7210673/bullying-may-be-behind-teachers-stabbing/
Report Spam   Logged

R. S. OhAllmurain
Justic
Global Moderator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #48 on: May 12, 2010, 08:03:57 pm »

It seems that bullying is rife in NZ schools.  My Grandaughter is now 17 but when she was 9 she was being bullied byn a bigger and older boy from school.  She told her teacher and her pearls of wisdom were " Leah you must to go and tell C.... how it makes you feel"

Roll Eyes Innocent Leah tried to do just that and guess what C....'s mates joined in tormenting her.

It finally stopped when Leah's Mum and Nana waited for the chubby womble after school one day, waylaid him and threatened with violence from Leah's Dad, two grandad's and four Uncle's if he didn't quit.

I managed to get his surname and the street he lived in, rang his parents and told them to tell him to back off or else.

He quit and Leah got a letter of apology (of sorts).

The sad thing is IMHO from then on Leah has refused to take "shite" from anyone and there are times I would have preferred her to be a tad more ladylike.
Report Spam   Logged

Magoo
« Reply #49 on: May 12, 2010, 08:24:24 pm »

The sad thing is IMHO from then on Leah has refused to take "shite" from anyone and there are times I would have preferred her to be a tad more ladylike
Perhaps she is like a hedgehog bristling up when needs must but the same Leah on the inside where it is safe.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: