Xtra News Community 2
March 30, 2024, 02:52:29 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

TV

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TV  (Read 169 times)
Besto
Getting The Hang Of It

« on: March 03, 2009, 07:47:03 pm »

I,m not really a fan of TV,usually watch the news,and anything interesting later.
Last week I had a gutsful of TV1 and all it,s "exclusive" stories,and in particular chit chat between,and Jim Hickey telling veiwers now it,s time for the 6oclock news.

I caught Prime on 5.30 and what a change!!!!! Just one main presenter,and no bullshit either.

Now I have changed to 3 News at 6,and it,s much better.Still 2 presenters,but not so much up themselves.

Any posters have anything to say on this matter?HuhHuhHuh?
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Kiwithrottlejockey
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2009, 07:53:04 pm »

I was driving a train while the TV news was on, so I didn't watch any channel.
Report Spam   Logged
robman
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2009, 07:56:20 pm »

I stopped watching TV pretty much around the end of the 80s, except for the news and the odd doco.
Lately I don't bother too much with those either, the newsreaders try to manipulate the publics response to a story by acting out the required response themselves. Reporters seem to delight in catching grieving relatives at their worst and if they lack facts they will spend ten minutes interviewing people whose opinions don't matter about a subject they have no authority on. Talking to a kid's teacher or the guy that owns the dairy down the road..
It takes something like the Underbelly series to get me watching.
Report Spam   Logged

I once thought I was wrong but I was mistaken.
beaker
Senator
Part-Of-The-Furniture Member

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2009, 07:56:38 pm »

Sorry, it clashes with my Home and Away.  But when I have seen the odd snippet of Prime News, it is a refreshing change from the more commercial channels.
Report Spam   Logged

This job is a test . . . It is only a test . . . Had this been a real job . . . it would have come with raises, promotions and other signs of appreciation!!!
Ferney
Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2009, 07:57:43 pm »

I think TV 3 presenters are much better and that includes the Late News.   We switch on Prime at 5.30 if we're home as you get all the main news, like you say without all the blah blah. 
Report Spam   Logged
Ferney
Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2009, 08:03:17 pm »

I mostly watch UKTV or the sports channels.   
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: