Xtra News Community 2
April 20, 2024, 02:31:17 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Fonterra Director implicated in Sanlu scandal

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fonterra Director implicated in Sanlu scandal  (Read 173 times)
Brownie55
Global Moderator
Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

OK, so what’s the speed of dark?

« on: January 28, 2009, 09:32:13 am »

The chairwoman of the Chinese dairy company that sold fatally contaminated infant milk formula says she acted on information supplied by Fonterra.

Former Sanlu chairwoman Tian Wenhua, 66, sentenced last week to life in prison, says a Fonterra-appointed director gave her a document stating the European Union's permitted levels of the industrial chemical melamine.
Fonterra chief executive Andrew Ferrier confirmed to the Herald yesterday that Tian had been given a document by a Fonterra board member. However, he said Fonterra was "vividly clear" to Sanlu that the only acceptable level of melamine was zero.

China's state news agency, Xinhua, has reported that Tian intends to appeal against her conviction for producing and selling false or substandard products.

Three other company executives received 15, eight and five-year sentences respectively. Two men were sentenced to death.

Xinhua said rather than stopping production of tainted products after the contamination was confirmed on August 1 last year, Sanlu decided to limit melamine levels to within 10mg for every kilogram of milk.
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10553867
Report Spam   Logged

I almost had a psychic boyfriend, but he left me before we met.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 12:16:05 pm »

I do think this is going to be a storm in a bottle of powdered milk  Roll Eyes

Fonterra have stated clearly that they didnt tell her that.
Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.
Brownie55
Global Moderator
Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

OK, so what’s the speed of dark?

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009, 02:18:28 pm »

I gather thaT as soon as Fonterra found out they approached the Chinese authorities who didn’t want to know because it would upset the Olympics. After that they approached the NZ Govt who approached the Chinese authorities, the first baby died and the rest is history.
Report Spam   Logged

I almost had a psychic boyfriend, but he left me before we met.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: