Xtra News Community 2
March 29, 2024, 02:12:48 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Dancing with the Stars

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dancing with the Stars  (Read 9128 times)
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2009, 07:49:07 am »

Nah it was one of the dancers who left, I dont know their names - but the radio annoumcer was just talking bout her - she had to see doc - had xrays and has 2 broken legs - so has had to stop altogether..

Frankly I think Geraldine WANTED to go - they should have chucked her out of pity!!!

Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.
Alicat
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2009, 09:15:59 am »

Of Brophy .... Horwood was less kind: "It was the dance of the madame in a little whore house in Texas."
I didn't see the episode until I got home from work late last night. When Geraldine was dancing her Paso, I was thinking 'The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas' - haven't seen that show for years but she sure was in character for the Madam in that!
Report Spam   Logged
Brownie55
Global Moderator
Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

OK, so what’s the speed of dark?

« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2009, 11:42:26 am »

I like Geraldine  there is something gracious about her.
Report Spam   Logged

I almost had a psychic boyfriend, but he left me before we met.
Newtown-Fella
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2009, 02:04:42 pm »

L'lee if any of the dancers had broen anything it would be all over the news left right and centre

the only one who had anything wrong with her legs was Barb Kendall who last night dmitted she had pulled a Hamstring .....
Report Spam   Logged
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2009, 02:45:15 pm »

Well it might be that the radio station I listen to are talking to the celebs and their dancing partners every couple of hours.  Ive heard it mentioned once a few days ago and twice today.  But hey!  Its not even important.

Geraldine is like many overweight people - they are jolly and happy and always laughing.  However, as a dancer - she doesnt have it - she looked last night, when she got through that she was mortified he had to do another week of it.  It seemed as if she was going through the necessary movements, knowing next week would be HARDER!!

Lizzy should have known she'd be first out, the voting ages for txting would be mainly young women, we are sports followers and had no idea who she was until this morning. 
Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.
Newtown-Fella
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2009, 03:14:52 pm »

Lizzy should have known she'd be first out, ....

and how do you arrive at that assumption ?

i think most people would have thought Chris Hobbs after his 9 on opening night ...

tell me how much money is raised each year for each charity from txtg ?

teh judges score out of 10 .... so how many txt votes do you need to get a score to match what the judges have given ?

what is the total number of votes txt'd each week ?

this is a show that relies on ratings so doing something that is out of left feild makes people come back next week ....

back room decisions with vote rigging are easy to cover up as nothing is available to joe public

next week e ready for another surprise ...

im thinking Chriss and his partner will be on our screens a bit longer that everyone thinks ... [ imho]

Stefano has his work cut out for him this year and im certain he wont be adding another winners star to his tattoo list this year

he and Geraldine are destined to leave sooner rather than later ....

Report Spam   Logged
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2009, 03:39:21 pm »

im thinking Chriss and his partner will be on our screens a bit longer

the same applies ..

.. and how do you arrive at that assumption ?

Im not interested in playing your games over this Newt.

We are all aware of the possibilities for vote rigging - each of us have our own favourites and non - favourites.

IMO it has nothing to do with dancing or voting - its about making money.
Report Spam   Logged

Newtown-Fella
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2009, 04:02:15 pm »

Im not interested in playing your games over this Newt.

games ?
what games ?

i asked some logical questions ...

if your way of answering is to suggest im playing games then you have lost the plot ....
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2009, 04:55:13 pm »

IMHO - I think the look on Geraldine's face last night was that of sheer relief that she had made it through the dance. She may be overweight, but she can still move and glide. Look at Beatrice from a few years back - she was a big girl and made it through to the final. I think she and Stefano will be around for a wee while longer - at least I hope they will. I'm looking forward to seeing what clever choereography he has in mind for her.

Chris is not good, but he is lovely and SHEER entertainment.
Report Spam   Logged
Newtown-Fella
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2009, 08:20:53 am »

Strip show boots out DWTS judge

STRICTLY Ballroom star and Dancing with the Stars judge Paul Mercurio says he and a friend were kicked out of a strip club earlier last week because a dancer "got into a huff" when they wouldn't tip her.

Mercurio, 45, admitted to Sunday News he and a mate were asked to leave Wellington strip club Santa Fe Dreamgirls at about 11pm on Monday the night before DWTS was filmed live at Avalon Studios.

But Santa Fe Dreamgirls manager Karen who refused to give her full name told Sunday News Mercurio and his friend had been asked to leave because they had been "too friendly" with the strippers.

Karen said staff weren't sure whether it was Mercurio or his companion who had touched a female dancer which is against strip-club protocol but said Mercurio had to leave anyway because he was "boring them (dancers) senseless".

"He was just boring them (the dancers) to death with his `so you think you can dance' talk," she said.

"You bore people senseless and they, you know, they take up their (the dancers') time. So it's not worth it for them.

"The dancers said he was really boring and annoying and that he was just blah-blah-ing about dancing all night."

Mercurio who spoke to Sunday News from his home in Melbourne denies the club's accusations.

The father of three said "the touch" Santa Fe Dreamgirls staff were referring too was perfectly innocent, and that he and his "beer guru" friend were effectively kicked out for not tipping a dancer despite being the only customers present.

Mercurio said he and his friend were at the strip club so briefly they didn't even see a dancer strip or have time to finish their first beer.

"We hadn't even seen this lady dance when she was asking for money, which is fine, but, um, I declined to give her money and then she lent over to my friend, who as I said, touched her on the back to say `I beg your pardon,' so she went off in a huff," he said.

"So she could have been upset we didn't give her any money. We certainly hadn't been warned before that because we had only just arrived. The bouncer did tell us we'd been warned twice but that was completely untrue."

Mercurio who also hosts a cooking show in Australia laughed off the accusation he had groped one of the strippers.

"I love the story though that I slapped a girl on the bottom. Not true at all. And I'd tell you if it was," he said.

"If I did something wrong I probably wouldn't be speaking to you. You know, if I had something to hide, to be quite honest with you, I wouldn't be talking to you. It's dubious whether I should be talking to you now but I am. You can take it or leave it. What I said is exactly what happened."

Mercurio said he ended up at Dreamgirls after drinking at the Malthouse pub and enjoying a "beautiful dinner" at Capitol Restaurant, where he ate a meal that included parmesan-encrusted liver.

"My friend suggested it. It was the end of the evening. `Let's go and see someone dance', I thought, why not? What a good idea."

Mercurio said he didn't regret his night in the capital city.

"Do I regret it, oh heck no.

"Look, I came home and told my wife about the whole thing and she had a laugh," he said.

"I told some of the dancers about it at DWTS, about my `mad' night ... I've come over to New Zealand for four years and this is the first time I've had a big night," he said.

After being kicked out by Dreamgirls, Mercurio and his friend went to another Wellington strip club Mermaids.

"We had absolutely no trouble there. We had a couple of drinks, talked to some nice girls and had a photo taken, then went home.

"You'll have to chase that one (the photo) down, won't you?"

Mercurio said the strip club visits weren't his first.

"I'm not going to say I've never been to a strip club before, you know. But this is the first time in New Zealand and this has been the first time in a long time."

But probably it would be his last.

"That's another reason I don't go to these places, because every time you do go it's so well documented. So I had a bit of fun with some of the locals, enjoyed it, but that will be the last time I reckon.

"I actually realised I'm getting a bit old for this because we were sitting down the back (of a strip club) having a chat to some people and I couldn't see the girls, and I thought, `Geez I'm getting too old for this'."

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sunday-news/news/2262550/Strip-show-boots-out-DWTS-judge
Report Spam   Logged
Newtown-Fella
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2009, 08:23:09 am »

Igasan in tears after DWTS dismissal

OUSTED Dancing With The Stars contestant Lizzy Igasan admits she was devastated and shocked at being the first to leave the show.

The Black Sticks captain got next to no sleep on Tuesday night after being axed.

"It's not great when you stew over things," she told Sunday News, admitting she had been in tears.

Lizzy, who danced the foxtrot with partner Cody Stephens, scored 21 to Isn't She Lovely by Stevie Wonder.

After having scored fifth-highest of eight contestants, the hockey star believed she was entitled to stay on the show.

"I thought I had earned the right to be there," she said.

"We were in the safe area.

"It's like in sport, when you train hard for something, you generally assume that it entitles you to certain things.

"But it's not that sort of competition."

Breakfast weather man Tamati Coffey had the highest score of the night, followed by Rebecca Hobbs, Barbara Kendall and Josh Kronfeld. Lizzy was in the middle of the pack, scoring higher than John Rowles, Chris Hobbs and Geraldine Brophy judged worst.

Lizzy said she broke down in tears when the cameras stopped rolling, after holding it together on-screen, an experience she described as "the art of faking it".

"It's hard to swallow but I'm absolutely grateful to have had the experience.

"I think the hard thing for both of us is it doesn't reflect the hard work or the quality of the person and dancer."

Asked if it had been a humbling experience, Lizzy said: "I don't feel like I needed any more humbling. I feel like I've had enough in my lifetime.

"(But) you are going to learn from this kind of stuff. When you cruise through life, you don't generally learn things."

Lizzy was so surprised to be eliminated, she said it was anyone's guess who would win.

"Now that we aren't there I don't actually know because you actually do believe you are going to do it (win)," she said.

"I would have been completely happy with anyone else (being eliminated).

"I don't know if I have any loyalties I'm not quite ready for that."

But pressed to pick a favourite, Lizzy said she hoped Josh Kronfeld and his dance partner Rachel Burstein took out the title on the hit TV One show.

"Rachel's hot! Anyone who can wear that suit and pull it off has my vote," she said, referring to Rachel's slash-front catsuit.

"They are really lovely people. You want to hate them, but you can't because they are really lovely. They are all that and a bag of chips! I wish them the best."

Now Lizzy has time to focus on her October wedding.

She still hasn't chosen a dress.

But the "shorts and jandals" girl says despite her new love for dancing, she isn't keen to do a fancy first dance at her wedding.

"I think we'll leave that bit out, unless Cody and Rachel come back for it!"

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sunday-news/news/2259853/Igasan-in-tears-after-DWTS-dismissal
Report Spam   Logged
Shef
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2009, 08:51:58 am »

"Rachel's hot! Anyone who can wear that suit and pull it off has my vote," she said, referring to Rachel's slash-front catsuit.

I thought she looked like a wannabe skank! Considering she was supposed to be the matador's "cape" - IMHO it was an odd and inappropriate choice. Josh seemed hard pressed after the dance to keep his eyes off her cleavage.
Report Spam   Logged

Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get.
Alicat
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2009, 09:58:44 am »

I thought she looked like a wannabe skank! Considering she was supposed to be the matador's "cape" - IMHO it was an odd and inappropriate choice. Josh seemed hard pressed after the dance to keep his eyes off her cleavage.

I didn't like the outfit either. It did nothing for her or for the dance.
Report Spam   Logged
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2009, 01:30:42 pm »

to keep his eyes off her cleavage.

HAHAHA Josh had trouble???   -- I couldnt get MrLs chin up off the floor!! n he wasnt trying to look for her cleavage!!

I admire a woman who can wear a revealing costume in public, she didnt look bad in it, Geraldine would have though.
Report Spam   Logged

Newtown-Fella
« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2009, 05:05:21 pm »

Last dance for John Rowles

John Rowles is withdrawing from the 2009 season of  Dancing With The Stars   due to health reasons.

In a statement the entertainer says he is suffering from exhaustion and is unable to continue.

"Under medical advice, I have decided to withdraw from Dancing With The Stars," he says.

In making the announcement Rowles thanked viewers and supporters, and his dancing partner for all her hard work.

"I would like to thank the viewers who voted for me in the first few weeks, and to thank Krystal for all the hard work she put into training me and choreographing our dances."

Rowles made a splash in his first week on the show with a Cha Cha that included a head shake that rivalled Paul Holmes' thriller dance moves. He followed in last week's outing, putting his singing talents on display before embarking on his waltz

TVNZ Head of Television, Jeff Latch says that it is disappointing to see Rowles leave the programme.

"He is a New Zealand entertainment icon, who struck a chord with viewers and who has been a talented and entertaining contestant," he says.

"We would love him to stay, but we totally understand and respect his decision to leave the show. We wish him well."

Rowles will not appear in Tuesday night's show, and due to his withdrawal there will be no elimination this week.

The voting lines for Rowles have been closed and the money raised from votes already cast will go to his chosen charity, Project Hope.

http://tvnz.co.nz/entertainment-news/john-rowels-leaves-dancing-stars-2550856
Report Spam   Logged
Shef
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2009, 09:03:14 pm »

Hahaha He did his back picking up the knickers left by the old ladies in the warehouse ads  :haha
Report Spam   Logged

Alicat
« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2009, 08:23:48 pm »

Hahaha He did his back picking up the knickers left by the old ladies in the warehouse ads  :haha

Yep .... PMSL
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2009, 08:24:53 pm »

Tamati  :dwfl

Rebecca  :Epht

Barbara  :blsm

Not bad ... not bad at all :c!c
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2009, 08:36:56 pm »

That's the best I've seen Chris  :wgls

How the hell did she get her leg up there in the upright splits  :vc
Report Spam   Logged
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2009, 08:39:02 pm »

Practise  :dog
Report Spam   Logged

Alicat
« Reply #45 on: March 17, 2009, 08:48:11 pm »

Josh started well but got very very lost a few times. Nice lifts though  :xx
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #46 on: March 17, 2009, 08:49:10 pm »

Practise  :dog

I don't think I could ever get my leg up that high or that straight  :dzed
Report Spam   Logged
Shef
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #47 on: March 17, 2009, 09:36:45 pm »

I don't think I could ever get my leg up that high or that straight 

I wouldn't even try :Epht

I loved Tamati (again), didn't particularly think much of Rebecca, enjoyed Barbara, felt so so sorry for Josh. He tried so hard and just lost it.
Report Spam   Logged

Newtown-Fella
« Reply #48 on: March 17, 2009, 11:34:09 pm »

Judges' stoush steals the show

There were plenty of dancing highlights but a fiery verbal stoush between judges, stole the show during this week's non-elimination episode of Dancing with the Stars.

The argument, between Brendan Cole and Craig Revel-Horwood, came when the four-strong judging panel were debating the merits of Chris Hobbs' rumba.

Hobbs, who received plenty of criticism during the first two shows, was on a high as he received positive comments from three judges - Cole, Alison Leonard and Paul Mercurio.

"You had passion (and) commitment," said Cole. "I think you did a brilliant job".

Then came Revel-Horwood's turn.

"It lacked any sex appeal whatsoever. It was stiff as a board. You could have done most of the routine on your knees. I could go on all day."

Cole replied: "It really upsets me you feel that way."

Revel-Horwood responded: "You're two sheep short of a sweater."

The segment was moved on but the judges could be heard continuing their war of words in the background.

Despite the stoush, Hobbs was all smiles after receiving 26 points for his rumba. It was the second-lowest score on a night when most of the show's celebrity dancers showed plenty of improvement.

Boardsailer Barbara Kendell topped the score board with 36 for her quickstep, and Revel-Horwood said he was blown away. "That dance showed complete and utter commitment."

Cole told her she was "slightly aggressive" and needed to soften her performance.

Breakfast presenter Tamati Coffey continued his good form, receiving 35 points for his quickstep. "I reckon you're shaping up to be the complete package," said Mercurio.

Rebecca Hobbs showed remarkable restraint for her version of the rumba, which earned her 29 points, while Geraldine Brophy - nursing a knee injury - scored 27 for her quickstep.

But it was another bad night for former All Black Josh Kronfeld, who delivered a performance of two halves as he got lost with his quickstep. He earned just 25 points.

"Half of it was good, half of it was poor," said Revel-Horwood.

"What you do do is magical ... you just let yourself down," said Mercurio.

Lizzy Igasan was eliminated on last week's show. There was no elimination this week as John Rowles quit the competition after falling ill.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/2271290/Judges-stoush-steals-the-show
Report Spam   Logged
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #49 on: March 18, 2009, 07:48:10 am »

hahaha the journos really are hard pressed for real news if they consider the judges having a wee talk-fest a verbal stoush.  Maybe its time Chris was moved to something less dramatic - the Garden Trails for instance.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: