Xtra News Community 2
April 20, 2024, 11:59:44 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Dancing with the Stars

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dancing with the Stars  (Read 9560 times)
Newtown-Fella
« on: March 11, 2009, 07:38:34 am »

a few stunned mullets on the set last night .....

Lizzy Igasan has her last dance

It was a good night for Tamati Coffey and Barbara Kendell but a bad night for Lizzy Igasan as she became the first contestant eliminated from the new season of Dancing with the Stars.

The Black Sticks captain earned a respectable 21 points for her Foxtrot in the season's second episode, but it wasn't enough to see her stay on the show.

"I'm disappointed," Igasan said after her elimination. "It's been a good experience. I've been grateful for it."

Breakfast weather presenter Tamati Coffey topped the scoreboard with 36, thanks to his stunning Paso Doble that had the judges' jaws on the floor.

"That was the Paso of the evening," said usually strict judge Craig Revel Horwood.

"Brilliant job on the choreography ... brilliant job on the Paso Doble," chirped fellow judge Brendan Cole.

Barbara Kendell also did well with her version of the same dance, earning 32 points.

"You were like a mad woman possessed ... on speed," said Horwood. "I absolutely loved it."

A slightly more reserved Rebecca Hobbs, who admitted she had taken up yoga in a bid to calm down, came third with her version of the Foxtrot that earned 30 points.

"It was nice and relaxed," said judge Alison Leonard. "I think you shold stay off the coffee."

Not so well received was Geraldine Brophy, who scored just 15 for her Paso Doble. Cole said it had "moments of brilliance, and moments of horror".

Horwood was less kind: "It was the dance of the madame in a little whore house in Texas."

Josh Kronfeld raised eyebrows for his opening Paso Doble, thanks to his scantily clad dance partner Rachel Burstein. At one point in the routine, Burstein could be seen adjusting her top to prevent a wardrobe malfuction.

A "pissed off" Kronfeld admitted he thought he had "lost it," but still earned praise and 24 points from the judges.

"It had everything," said Cole. "But don't let it dwindle halfway through."

John Rowles earned 19 for his Foxtrot, which he opened by singing to his dance partner Krystal Stuart.

He was told to focus on his dancing, as the singing messed up his steps.

And Chris Hobbs, who appeared in the bottom two alongside Igasan, doubled his score from last week, earning 18 for his Foxtrot.

"It was better than your cha cha cha last week," said Cole.

"I was bored to tears," said Horwood. Hobbs responded by challenging him to a dance off.

* Did Lizzy deserve to go home? Post your comments below.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post/entertainment/2249712/Lizzy-Igasan-has-her-last-dance/
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: