Xtra News Community 2
March 29, 2024, 06:37:33 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Christchurch earthquake refugees abandon pets

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Christchurch earthquake refugees abandon pets  (Read 190 times)
akadaka
Part-Of-The-Furniture Member

« on: April 04, 2011, 06:19:03 pm »

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/christchurch-earthquake/4842882/Christchurch-earthquake-refugees-abandon-pets

Cannot understand this one.If i lost my house,car and job and said "fuck it i'm off" i could never leave my dog,in fact i think i would find comfort in him.Maybe i'm weird or stupid how about you guys???
Report Spam   Logged

Rather a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 06:46:38 pm »

Me too .. ours are members of our family and would be in the car before the kids!!
Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.
guest49
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2011, 06:55:25 pm »

Absolutely.
My dogs [2 of them anyway] have saved my life.  I could no-more abandon my dog, than I could abandon my kids or wife.
Report Spam   Logged
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2011, 06:56:48 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.
Crusader
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2011, 07:12:09 pm »

Trying to convince my parents to pack up and get out of CHCH and it is their dog that is keeping them there.
Report Spam   Logged
Ferney
Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2011, 07:26:17 pm »

Mr F's niece has taken in  her next door neighbours cat.  She said they just up and left the day after the earthquake.   

I read at the time  and remembered the writers name.  Just googled it, Zara Potts a TV producer.   I was upset when I first read it.   Couldn't believe she didn't bother to even look for her cat especially as she took her dog.   I wouldn't leave until I'd found my cat.    They'd have to drag me away.

When I arrive home, I cannot even enter my house. Everything is ruined. The television has toppled, all the glass and china is smashed. I know my cat is in here, somewhere, in the wreckage. I could look for her among the broken glass but I choose to leave her. I whisper a 'sorry' as I take my dog and put her in the car and start to drive.
http://tvnz.co.nz/national-news/zara-potts-earth-moved-4041423
Report Spam   Logged
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2011, 07:30:50 pm »

Hmm Ferney - at times like that too, some people arnt thinking straight.  If her cat was in there - it would have heard her, surely.

Although I am one who would take my animals - I do understand the running away and leaving all behind.  The airlines were saying no animals too.
Report Spam   Logged

Ferney
Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2011, 07:37:46 pm »

I'm sure she drove her car north.   It was that she said she chose not to look for it, that got to me.   
Report Spam   Logged
Crusader
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2011, 08:17:31 pm »

I know it sounds harsh but at the end of the day, what is more important? Your human family or your pet family? In times like the CHCH earthquake there are some people that have to make that hard decision and probably are the slightest bit concerned with what some arm chair critic thinks.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: