Xtra News Community 2
March 29, 2024, 11:01:56 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Libyan airstikes maybe hours away

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Libyan airstikes maybe hours away  (Read 3048 times)
Im2Sexy4MyPants
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #125 on: April 03, 2011, 07:17:01 pm »

Why is the Fed Bailing Out Qaddafi?

Barack Obama recently issued an executive order imposing a wave of sanctions against Libya, not only freezing Libyan assets, but barring Americans from having business dealings with Libyan banks.

So raise your hand if you knew that the United States has been extending billions of dollars in aid to Qaddafi and to the Central Bank of Libya, through a Libyan-owned subsidiary bank operating out of Bahrain. And raise your hand if you knew that, just a week or so after Obama’s executive order, the U.S. Treasury Department quietly issued an order exempting this and other Libyan-owned banks to continue operating without sanction.

I came across the curious case of the Arab Banking Corporation, better known as ABC, while researching a story about the results of the audit of the Federal Reserve. That story, which will be coming out in Rolling Stone in two weeks, will examine in detail some of the many lunacies uncovered by Senate investigators amid the recently-released list of bailout and emergency aid recipients – a list that includes many extremely shocking names, from foreign industrial competitors to hedge funds in tax-haven nations to various Wall Street figures of note (and some of their relatives). You will want to see this amazing list when it comes out, so please make sure to check the newsstands in two weeks’ time.

This list became public as a result of an amendment added to the Dodd-Frank financial reform bill that was sponsored by Senator Bernie Sanders of Vermont. The amendment forced the Federal Reserve to open its books for the first time and make public the names of those individuals and corporations who received emergency loans and bailout monies during the roughly two year period between the crash of 2008 and the passage of the Dodd-Frank bill.

As Bernie’s staff was going through this list, it found, among other things, some $26 billion in extremely cheap loans (as low as one quarter of one percent!) extended to this ABC bank over a period of years, beginning in December of 2007 and continuing through as recently as February of 2010. The senator sent a letter to Ben Bernanke over the winter demanding more information about this loan (among others) but the response he got was completely unhelpful.

When I first started working on this story, one of Sanders’s aides was careful to point out the ABC loans. Later, I took a closer look at the company and found that it was 59% owned by the Central Bank of Libya, which I found very odd, even by the generally insane standards of the bailout era. Why, I wondered, would the Federal Reserve be giving Muammar Qaddafi $26 billion in near-zero interest loans? Exactly how does that address America’s financial problems? What bailout plan could that possibly be part of?

It gets weirder from there. Sanders’s office subsequently found out that ABC is not only exempt from Obama’s sanctions, it has two functioning branches here in New York City. In a letter he sent yesterday evening to Ben Bernanke, Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner, and Office of the Comptroller of the Currency chief John Walsh (the banking regulator with purview over the New York branches), Sanders put it this way:

Why would the U.S. government allow a bank that is predominantly owned by the Central Bank of Libya – an institution on which the U.S. has imposed strict economic sanctions – to operate two banking branches within our own borders?

Neither the Fed nor Treasury so far has offered explanations for these loans; the Treasury has so far only explained why ABC was not subject to sanctions and pointed to the March 4th order when I contacted them.

The ABC loans are just one example of the Fed’s bailout madness. Again, there are 21,000 transactions on the Fed’s list of released names, and “every one of these... is outrageous,” as one Sanders aide put it. You will be shocked, for sure, to find out who else is on that list. We’ll have a lot more on those other loans in the next issue of Rolling Stone.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/blogs/taibblog/why-is-the-fed-bailing-out-qaddafi-20110401

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gngy9aHLIi8&feature=player_embedded
Report Spam   Logged

Are you sick of the bullshit from the sewer stream media spewed out from the usual Ken and Barby dickless talking point look a likes.

If you want to know what's going on in the real world...
And the many things that will personally effect you.
Go to
http://www.infowars.com/

AND WAKE THE F_ _K UP
Im2Sexy4MyPants

« Reply #126 on: May 01, 2011, 06:02:51 pm »

Nato strike 'kills Saif al-Arab Gaddafi', Libya says

Nato has killed his son and 3 of his grandchildren

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-13251570

Report Spam   Logged

Are you sick of the bullshit from the sewer stream media spewed out from the usual Ken and Barby dickless talking point look a likes.

Go to

AND WAKE THE F_ _K UP
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #127 on: May 01, 2011, 06:14:32 pm »

Yeh .. I reckon youd be safe holding yer breath now for the retaliation - anyone would be pissed if that happened to them.
Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.
Im2Sexy4MyPants

« Reply #128 on: May 01, 2011, 06:29:59 pm »

I suppose anyones fair game

looks like another big war is coming
Report Spam   Logged

Go to

AND WAKE THE F_ _K UP
Im2Sexy4MyPants

« Reply #129 on: May 01, 2011, 07:45:53 pm »

Message from Colonel Mu’ummar Qaddafi

In the name of Allah, the beneficent, the merciful...

For 40 years, or was it longer, I can't remember, I did all I could to give people houses, hospitals, schools, and when they were hungry, I gave them food. I even made Benghazi into farmland from the desert, I stood up to attacks from that cowboy Reagan, when he killed my adopted orphaned daughter, he was trying to kill me, instead he killed that poor innocent child. Then I helped my brothers and sisters from Africa with money for the African Union.

I did all I could to help people understand the concept of real democracy, where people's committees ran our country. But that was never enough, as some told me, even people who had 10 room homes, new suits and furniture, were never satisfied, as selfish as they were they wanted more. They told Americans and other visitors, that they needed "democracy" and "freedom" never realizing it was a cut throat system, where the biggest dog eats the rest, but they were enchanted with those words, never realizing that in America, there was no free medicine, no free hospitals, no free housing, no free education and no free food, except when people had to beg or go to long lines to get soup.

No, no matter what I did, it was never enough for some, but for others, they knew I was the son of Gamal Abdel Nasser, the only true Arab and Muslim leader we've had since Salah-al-Deen, when he claimed the Suez Canal for his people, as I claimed Libya, for my people, it was his footsteps I tried to follow, to keep my people free from colonial domination - from thieves who would steal from us.

Now, I am under attack by the biggest force in military history, my little African son, Obama wants to kill me, to take away the freedom of our country, to take away our free housing, our free medicine, our free education, our free food, and replace it with American style thievery, called "capitalism," but all of us in the Third World know what that means, it means corporations run the countries, run the world, and the people suffer. So, there is no alternative for me, I must make my stand, and if Allah wishes, I shall die by following His path, the path that has made our country rich with farmland, with food and health, and even allowed us to help our African and Arab brothers and sisters to work here with us, in the Libyan Jamahiriya.

I do not wish to die, but if it comes to that, to save this land, my people, all the thousands who are all my children, then so be it.

Let this testament be my voice to the world, that I stood up to crusader attacks of NATO, stood up to cruelty, stood up to betrayal, stood up to the West and its colonialist ambitions, and that I stood with my African brothers, my true Arab and Muslim brothers, as a beacon of light. When others were building castles, I lived in a modest house, and in a tent. I never forgot my youth in Sirte, I did not spend our national treasury foolishly, and like Salah-al-Deen, our great Muslim leader, who rescued Jerusalem for Islam, I took little for myself...

In the West, some have called me "mad", "crazy", but they know the truth yet continue to lie, they know that our land is independent and free, not in the colonial grip, that my vision, my path, is, and has been clear and for my people and that I will fight to my last breath to keep us free, may Allah almighty help us to remain faithful and free.

Col. Mu'ummar Qaddafi, 2011/05/04

http://english.pravda.ru/opinion/columnists/13-04-2011/117563-message_from_qaddafi-0/
Report Spam   Logged

Go to

AND WAKE THE F_ _K UP
reality
« Reply #130 on: May 01, 2011, 07:55:11 pm »

mmmmmm...a big war....and all the benefits that come with it Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #131 on: May 01, 2011, 08:07:58 pm »

Problem is todays wars dont eliminate enough people to help the world population drop.
Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.
reality
« Reply #132 on: May 01, 2011, 08:11:19 pm »

oh right......to help the climate change thing yeah....actually i think NZ a few degrees higher would be a great place to live...maybe help the economy to Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Im2Sexy4MyPants

« Reply #133 on: May 02, 2011, 06:48:12 am »

US Murders Children in Bid to Assassinate Qaddafi (Again)

Ghoulish Hunt for Qaddafi Defines NATO
by Tony Cartalucci
Prisonplanet.com
May 1, 2011

The very policy of targeted assassinations sidesteps any semblance of law, national or international. By extra-judicially executing people, proper investigations, trials, and justice itself is circumvented, diminished, and ultimately undermined as a whole. The United States in particular has become the greatest purveyor of this perversion of what used to serve as the very foundation of its own constitution and its values as a free nation.
NATO’s attack, reported on May 1, 2011, in an attempt to extra-judicially murder Libyan leader Muammar Qaddafi has claimed the life of his youngest son Saif al-Arab Qaddafi, as well as several of his grandchildren. The indiscriminate nature of the attack and the killing of children illustrates in its entirety just why civilized nations have long condemned assassination attempts and the indiscriminate use of military force on non-military targets in the first place.
This latest attack is reminiscent of another targeted assassination attempt by the United States in 1986 that missed Qaddafi but managed to kill his 4 year old adopted daughter Hanna. The corporate owned media has since played semantics suggesting Hanna was adopted posthumously, seemingly more content with the idea of the murdered 4 year old having no ties to Qaddafi.
The botched assassination attempt comes just days after several US government figures called for Qaddafi’s extra-judicial murder. While these calls are supposedly part of America’s ever expanding mission in Libya to “protect civilians,” it should be noted that according to even the US Department of Defense, no credible evidence had been produced to justify the current military operations, let alone their expansion.
While most informed readers are under no delusion as to what NATO really represents, a supranational military force carrying out a global corporate-financier agenda, even the uninformed must understand by now that NATO, between its endless occupation in Afghanistan, its provocative encirclement of Russia, and now their senseless siege of Libya, has become a global menace, removed from both the national laws that are supposed to govern the civilized use of member military forces, as well as the contrived international laws they claim they act to uphold.
When NATO isn’t butchering children or extra-legally
occupying sovereign nations, it is busy encircling Russia
inviting World War III in the service of global financiers.

While people in the West may apathetically shrug off the grievous evil being perpetrated in Libya, Afghanistan, Pakistan Iraq, Iran, and a growing number of other nations through the actions of the United States, UK, France and their NATO allies, they must realize that it is only a matter of time before this disregard for the very laws that govern their society will eventually be visited upon them. In many ways in America and Europe, this is already incrementally becoming a reality. Just as the world continuously turned a blind eye to Adolf Hilter and his Nazi war machine as it incrementally violated the sovereignty of both the German people and their neighbors, we stand only to embolden this expanding, reckless tyranny by remaining silent and tacitly complicit in our support of the politicians and corporations behind this dark agenda.
We may not be able to physically stop this unfolding crime against humanity, but we surely can undermine it, day-by-day, purchase-by-purchase, by committing ourselves to a full-spectrum boycott of the corporations involved – essentially anything that is not produced locally. We can also undermine the corrupt, fiat financial machine driving this global menace by replacing our currency with physical precious metals and alternative currencies used amongst friends, families, and coalitions of local businesses. Finally, we can begin to grow our own food and support local farmers, as well as taking up trades and constructive pastime pursuits to reconnect to our roots of independence and self-sufficiency that made the West great.
While we can easily sit idly by doing nothing, claiming that it isn’t our problem, it isn’t our grandchildren being murdered by “precision ordnance,” we must reflect on history and realize that indeed, soon it will be, most certainly and undeniably. We can choose to stand up to this now, or we can experience first-hand tomorrow the bitter agony of loss, death, and destruction that is consuming Libya’s population, as it has Iraq, Afghanistan, and the myriad of nations past and present to feel the sting of repressive global spanning tyranny.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/us-murders-children-in-bid-to-assassinate-qaddafi-again.html
Report Spam   Logged

Go to

AND WAKE THE F_ _K UP
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #134 on: May 02, 2011, 09:52:05 am »

oh right......to help the climate change thing yeah....actually i think NZ a few degrees higher would be a great place to live...maybe help the economy to Wink

Absolutely .. if we could drag it north a few hundred ks .. it would be sweet.  Probably decimated 3 times a year by cyclones but  Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #135 on: May 02, 2011, 09:58:35 am »

THE United Nations is pulling its staff out of Tripoli as violence continues after a NATO air strike apparently killed several members of Muammar Gaddafi's family.

Overnight demonstrators torched British and Italian diplomatic buildings in Tripoli after Libya accused NATO of trying to assassinate Muammar Gaddafi in an attack that killed one of his sons and three grandchildren.

"Given the unrest, UN staff are going to leave Tripoli," a UN spokeswoman, Eri Kaneko, said, alluding to the deteriorating security situation in the Libyan capital.

The establishment of the UN humanitarian presence in Tripoli was agreed by emergency relief coordinator Valerie Amos in a deal struck with the Libyan government on April 17. They aimed to stave off a humanitarian disaster with tens of thousands of Libyan refugees fleeing the conflict to neighbouring countries.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/world/un-pulls-out-of-libya-british-italian-diplomatic-buildings-torched/story-e6frea8l-1226048102706?from=public_rss
Report Spam   Logged

reality
« Reply #136 on: May 02, 2011, 11:01:46 am »

So now Gadaffi finds out how it feels for innocent relations get killed Tongue....... like his forces have been doing to innocents on the oppoing side for weeks Shocked
Report Spam   Logged
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #137 on: May 02, 2011, 11:10:06 am »

The media is saying they cannot confirm yet who was killed .. though the building looked to be wiped out .. how could anyone survive?
Report Spam   Logged

guest49
« Reply #138 on: May 02, 2011, 12:07:32 pm »

So now Gadaffi finds out how it feels for innocent relations get killed Tongue....... like his forces have been doing to innocents on the oppoing side for weeks Shocked
He already knows.
The west have already killed his daughter and another son in the past few decades.
Report Spam   Logged
reality
« Reply #139 on: May 02, 2011, 12:29:35 pm »

Grin...the more the merrier Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: