Xtra News Community 2
March 29, 2024, 05:43:37 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

From the dog box to Hollywood success

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: From the dog box to Hollywood success  (Read 102 times)
Newtown-Fella
« on: March 02, 2009, 08:33:30 am »

From the dog box to Hollywood success

When Ivan Clarke painted his pooch's pained expression after another dog peed on his bed, he didn't expect it to land him a Hollywood deal.

The Lonely Dog, Birth of a Legend, which was inspired by his pet dog, Arthur, has had its screen rights snapped up by Warner Brothers. The studio will turn the book of paintings into an animated film.

Clarke, a Queenstown landscape painter, began the series for his children after seeing Arthur's sad face when they went on holiday.

The 12-year-old long-haired dachshund was dropped off at a dog home and, within a couple of minutes, another dog had peed on his bed.

"The look on his face was brilliant. When we came back to pick him up he was still sulking. He hadn't made friends with any other dogs," Clarke said.

The screenplay depicts Arthur in an ideal dog world called Alveridge, drinking with canine mates, driving in a car with elegant pussycat passengers and playing in his rock band, LD and the Sunshine Boys.

Clarke said he had no idea that Arthur, "thick as two planks but loveable", would enjoy so much success.

"It started with a bang and I had no idea what I'd got myself into. To emerge at this level is a dream come true.

"I am thrilled and excited to think it's now at the Hollywood level. Now I am just going along for the ride."

The entire Lonely Dog collection is in a family trust and Clarke said he had never been tempted to sell it.

"I have had some crazy offers really ridiculous offers from some very qualified buyers."

Weta Workshop's Richard Taylor has made limited edition bronze sculptures of all the characters.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/dominionpost/4862918a6479.html

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

k1w14ever
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2009, 10:30:04 am »

what an amazing photo,  I love it.
Report Spam   Logged

The length of a film should be directly related to the endurance of the human bladder.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: