Xtra News Community 2
April 19, 2024, 01:43:27 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Has the gay community become complaceent

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Has the gay community become complaceent  (Read 105 times)
akadaka
Part-Of-The-Furniture Member

« on: March 07, 2011, 02:34:55 pm »

i always thought the hetros had the climbing rate!Gay mate of mine had a melt down at christmas when his partner of 12 years had a one night stand and as he said to me not only was it the unfaithfulness of the act but the "wait and see what happens"over the next 2 years of testing for hiv as the dude involved was an american on holiday from california!!

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/health/4740263/Soaring-HIV-rates-concern

This year could be the worst on record for gay and bisexual men contracting HIV, the New Zealand Aids Foundation says.

Though there has been a sharp decline in numbers of heterosexual people diagnosed with HIV, NZAF says it still has grave concerns for gay or bisexual men.

Only 35 of the 149 new cases of HIV last year were heterosexual compared with 87 cases in 2006, according to figures released by the AIDS Epidemiology Group at the University of Otago.

NZAF director Shaun Robinson said the story was different for gay communities and it was the worst year on record for those sectors.

"In addition to the 90 gay and bisexual men who are shown to have contracted HIV in 2010, there are another 15 men for whom the method of HIV transmission is unknown. It's very likely that most of them will be gay or bisexual men.

"The previous peak in infections was 93 in 2008. Not even in the early days of AIDS in the 1980s were rates of infection this bad in New Zealand," he said.

HIV testing was the best way to control the HIV epidemic as it was vital to diagnose the virus before it was past the point when treatment should have begun, the foundation advised.

There are an estimated 1800 people living with HIV in New Zealand.

Report Spam   Logged

Rather a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2011, 03:51:07 pm »

I suspect that cos its not HIV that kills .. some of them may well have become complacent.

Some of those younger blokes, with looser morals and less understanding may well be infecting others without knowing.
Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: