Xtra News Community 2
March 29, 2024, 07:12:32 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

MILK

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MILK  (Read 1804 times)
nitpicker1
XNC2 GOD

Nothing sexceeds like sexcess

« Reply #75 on: July 18, 2014, 08:16:07 am »

Butter down here has been around $7 per 500g, I used to keep 3 packs in the fridge because I use it for frying and roasting. I have 1 pack left, waiting for it to come back to my price.   

I don't think I have ever paid more than $3.50 for 2l milk, and I use Dairy Dale brand's blue top. Seems to me it tastes more like real milk than any other I can find 

How real is your milk

October 22, 2013 by Gareth Morgan

http://garethsworld.com/food/real-milk/

interesting comments there too.

Gareth makes comparison between white butter and grain feeding in Europe, yellow butter and Palm oil waste in NZ.

I have only once seen yellow butter, that was when we fed the end of a carrot crop as a daily treat to the house cows. 

Seems to me it's a cream colour and has been that way since I used to make butter (and it paid the groceries bill) when we ran a couple of cows for our own use on the farm where we worked in the '50s.

Farmer's cows were green grass eaters; the bought milk tasted of turnips in wintertime in those days.

I haven't bought any block Cheese for the last several months. Get it free, tgft

**with the bottom dollar looming for the milk producers, standby for a glut of tough tasteless "beef" that will arrive on the market. **

Report Spam   Logged

"Life might not be the party you were expecting, but you're here now, so you may as well get up and dance"
ssweetpea
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #76 on: July 18, 2014, 02:25:34 pm »

$7 for a block of butter - Yikes!

I thought $4 was bad enough and I just paid close to $5 at New World for a block. Just as well I am being paid to make a cake with it.

The Food Subsitutions Bible I had on order arrived this week and this summery of what it has to say on butter.

If you don't have it substitute ½ cup (125ml) of butter with ½ cup European butter such as Pluga (lower moisture content) or ½ cup margarine (less flavourful, make baked goods softer) or ½ cup of margarine spread (for spreading only).

To vary the flavour use ½ cup of coconut butter (not coconut oil) or 7 tbsp (105ml) shortening or lard (creates at flacker pastry and crisper biscuits).
For better health use 3 tbsp (45ml) butter + 3 tbsp vegtable oil (for baking, increse sugar for more crispness) or ½ cup apple butter (reduce baking time slightly, baked goods will be slightly more chewy, adjust sugar if apple butter is sweetened.)

Apple butter is made by simmering apples with sugar, cider, cinnamon, cloves and allspice. Pear or Pumpkin butter is made the same way using pears or pumpkin instead of apples.

Report Spam   Logged

The way politicians run this country a small white cat should have no problem http://sally4mp.blogspot.com/
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #77 on: September 10, 2014, 06:38:21 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

If you aren't living life on the edge, you're taking up too much space! 
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #78 on: October 22, 2014, 11:17:54 pm »

(click on the picture to read the news story)
Report Spam   Logged

Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #79 on: July 03, 2015, 01:06:40 am »

Kiwis not ripped off over milk price: Key

MOTHER'S MILK

Report Spam   Logged

Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #80 on: July 03, 2015, 01:08:08 am »

Shearer: milk cost ‘creamed’

PRICE OF MILK

Report Spam   Logged

hdrider
Getting The Hang Of It

« Reply #81 on: July 03, 2015, 06:23:37 pm »

I prefer to use soya milk now and like it in my coffee etc.Was pointed out to me a few years ago that humans are the only species that continue all their lives to drink another species lactating fluid ha ha but did put me off a bit!
Report Spam   Logged
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #82 on: July 04, 2015, 03:08:07 pm »

BIG DAIRYING IN ENZED
Report Spam   Logged

nitpicker1
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #83 on: July 04, 2015, 04:28:36 pm »

I prefer to use soya milk now and like it in my coffee etc.Was pointed out to me a few years ago that humans are the only species that continue all their lives to drink another species lactating fluid ha ha but did put me off a bit!

Yeah-but

ever heard of Yak cheese, goat cheese, sheep cheese, camel cheese,

ummm ?

Greens cheese?

😆
Report Spam   Logged

"Life might not be the party you were expecting, but you're here now, so you may as well get up and dance"
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #84 on: March 11, 2016, 12:19:54 pm »

MILKED
Report Spam   Logged

nitpicker1
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #85 on: March 13, 2016, 02:06:43 pm »

Private prosecutor sets sights on Fonterra

Updated at 6:31 am today
 
Private prosecutor Graham McCready plans to take Fonterra to court because of its move to make creditors wait 90 days for bill payment.

He said that went against the normal course of trading in New Zealand, and breached the solvency test under the Companies Act.

A company satisfies the solvency test if it is able to pay its debts as they fall due in the normal course of business.

Mr McCready, who has filed private prosecutions against many politicians in the past, said it was an offence for directors to continue to trade if the test was not met.

He said he would file his case in the Auckland District Court against two Fonterra directors once he had statements from creditors confirming that Fonterra would only pay after 90 days and not the usual 20.

Related
Self-representation in court a growing trend
Suppliers accuse Fonterra of unfair demands
Questions over Fonterra's viability
Fonterra drops forecast milk payout
Dairy market not ready for deregulation, says Commission

http://www.radionz.co.nz/news/national/298791/private-prosecutor-sets-sights-on-fonterra

Report Spam   Logged

Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #86 on: March 16, 2016, 11:40:53 pm »

BLEEDING MILK PRICE
Report Spam   Logged

nitpicker1
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #87 on: March 21, 2016, 03:33:53 pm »

I understand that the milk we buy at the supermarket is reconstituted at our closest milk treatment station from DMP.

Time to talk to the Supermarkets about that. 
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: