Xtra News Community 2
April 20, 2024, 05:04:44 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

R.I.P Zara

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: R.I.P Zara  (Read 913 times)
Alicat
« on: February 13, 2011, 09:14:58 am »

I picked up Zara's ashes on Tuesday. I was okay until I neared the Vet Centre counter. All I get get out was, "I'm here to pick up Zara." The girl at reception was a little slow on the uptake - she's only seen me come and go from the Clinic for the last 2 years. She asked me if Zara was there having a procedure. I said she had been cremated. The look of slow realisation crossed her face. Poor girl looked shattered then obviously remembered.

The Vet who had looked after Sam through his crisis at the end of 2006 left a couple of years ago due to a family situation. The door opened and out she came and gave me a huge hug. She's back working there. They had rung her and told her about Zara. We talked for ages - well she talked and I cried. What Zara had was unsurvivable. I'm delighted Fiona is back - she's a fantastic Vet and a wonderful compassionate woman.

Even though Zara was always a quiet wee girl, she always had a strong presence here. The place is empty without her. Yogi and Bailey are doing okay at the moment, but poor Holly is still waking up crying. They were so close for nearly 13 years.

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: