Xtra News Community 2
April 20, 2024, 06:44:22 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Is this fair

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is this fair  (Read 213 times)
akadaka
Part-Of-The-Furniture Member

« on: January 26, 2011, 04:37:25 pm »

Should kiwi taxpayers pay for these people.I Know of a few people who went over  a few years ago giving me the one finger salute and saying " see ya later this country's fucked it's all perfect in aussie "  and now this "useless shithole of a country "(their words) comes to the rescue to bail them out Huh

http://nz.news.yahoo.com/a/-/top-stories/8715968/ex-pat-kiwis-to-get-assistance/

Ex-pat Kiwis to get assistance

Ex-pat New Zealanders caught up in the floods in Australia will qualify for Government assistance after all.

It follows talks between the two trans-Tasman Governments.

New Zealanders who arrived in Australia after February 2001, do not qualify for grants from the Australian Governments Disaster Relief fund.

But our Foreign Minister, Murray McCully, says arrangements have now been made to see they get an equivalent payment.

Report Spam   Logged

Rather a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 04:39:12 pm »

Yep ... imo thats quite fair.  Is fair the right word?

Imo it wasnt fair to even suggest they may not receive assistance!
Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.
akadaka

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2011, 04:42:49 pm »

i just remember a lot of arrogance a few years back when you were made to feel stupid  because it was the fashion to go to aussie for the big bucks and to escape the labour govt.Then the phone calls and emails about the big cheap houses and its all lovey dovey and how nz is sinking Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2011, 04:46:03 pm »

ummm it looks to me like Aussie is sinking  Undecided

Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.
akadaka

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2011, 04:50:26 pm »

i do like the aussie spirit though, they seem to be more resiliant and tougher than us,probably a reflection of their harsh land!!

Got to say as well lovelee this board seems to hump a long a lot more when you are around...seemes a lot quiter when you were'nt around Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2011, 04:54:14 pm »

hushhh .. theres some here I suspect would rather i stayed away  Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

Calliope
Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

If music be the food of love, play on

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2011, 08:46:17 pm »

Should kiwi taxpayers pay for these people.I Know of a few people who went over  a few years ago giving me the one finger salute and saying " see ya later this country's fucked it's all perfect in aussie "  and now this "useless shithole of a country "(their words) comes to the rescue to bail them out Huh

http://nz.news.yahoo.com/a/-/top-stories/8715968/ex-pat-kiwis-to-get-assistance/

Ex-pat Kiwis to get assistance

Ex-pat New Zealanders caught up in the floods in Australia will qualify for Government assistance after all.

It follows talks between the two trans-Tasman Governments.

New Zealanders who arrived in Australia after February 2001, do not qualify for grants from the Australian Governments Disaster Relief fund.

But our Foreign Minister, Murray McCully, says arrangements have now been made to see they get an equivalent payment.

I guess that is what the $4million was for  Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

[W]hat the internet and its cult of anonymity do is to provide a blanket sort of immunity for anybody who wants to say anything about anybody else, and it would be difficult in this sense to think of a more morally deformed exploitation of the concept of free speech.
- Richard Bernstein in the New York Times

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: