Xtra News Community 2
March 29, 2024, 12:14:04 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Yeehaaa.. DOC finally get with it..

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Yeehaaa.. DOC finally get with it..  (Read 36 times)
robman
Shit-Hot Member

« on: January 17, 2011, 02:55:47 pm »

Technology-savvy hunters are now able to apply for hunting permits over the internet.

Conservation Minister Kate Wilkinson announced today that the Department of Conservation's online national hunting permit system was up and running.

"The new system clarifies the process and brings consistency between conservancies, allowing one permit to be issued for multiple areas in the country."

The permit would be emailed out to the applicant, along with updates on track closures and other management activities that may affect hunting in that specific area.

"Updates can be emailed out simultaneously to all relevant hunters in an area, reinforcing safety messages and gathering useful information on hunters' use of back country areas," Ms Wilkinson said.

All permits would be valid for four months. A current firearms licence was required to validate a permit to hunt on public conservation lands.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10700262
Report Spam   Logged

I once thought I was wrong but I was mistaken.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: