Xtra News Community 2
April 19, 2024, 03:28:56 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Survivors of Hudson River air crash consider suing airline

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Survivors of Hudson River air crash consider suing airline  (Read 107 times)
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« on: February 27, 2009, 02:34:19 pm »

I think they are suffering PTSD cos they thought they were gonna die, but Capn Sully stuffed up their thinking and they didnt die!  Maybe its cos some kakked their pants and suffered embarrasment from having smellies stuck to their bum - Im buggered if I know!

Some of the 150 passengers whose lives were saved in the “miracle of the Hudson” last month are considering suing US Airways for the emotional distress they suffered.

The pilot received an ovation from both Houses of Congress on Tuesday when President Obama praised Chesley B. Sullenberger’s heroism by bringing the aircraft safely down in the river on January 15. The airline, however, appears set to receive a writ.

In apparent confirmation that America remains the most litigious society in the world, Kreindler and Kreindler, a New York law firm, says it has been contacted by passengers of Flight 1549 about claiming damages for post-traumatic stress disorder.

The airline has sent the passengers a letter of apology, a $5,000 (£3,500) cheque to assist with “immediate needs”, reimbursement for their tickets and a promise to be upgraded to first class on flights until March 10.

Tess Sosa, who escaped with her husband and two small children, told the New York Post that US Airways were seeking to “exonerate themselves as much as they can” by offering passengers “a small token”.

Others, however, insist they are just grateful to be alive. One, Dave Sanderson, said the airline had “treated me like gold since the incident”.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/article5804900.ece

All those 150 passengers and five crew were dead the moment the plane was hit by the geese moments after take-off. It was regarded as impossible to survive such an incident over a heavily built-up area like Manhattan.

Yet Captain Sullenberger was able calmly to glide the powerless A320 down to a perfect landing on the Hudson. The jet floated. Only one person, a crew member, was injured. Some passengers did not even get wet, being able to step off the plane’s wings onto rescue boats.

Surely even under America’s bizarrely litigious legal system could the airline be liable in such circumstances for the massive damages being sought by these grasping lawyers.
Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

guest49
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2009, 03:33:59 pm »

If I was the managment of any airline in the US, I would make it my business to find out the name of every solicitor in every company that mounted any vexatious lawsuit, and I would place those names on the database, so that whenever they wished to travel anywhere by air, every flight would be mysteriously full.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: