Xtra News Community 2
March 29, 2024, 11:31:37 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

The Red Cross bans Christmas

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Red Cross bans Christmas  (Read 244 times)
akadaka
Part-Of-The-Furniture Member

« on: December 27, 2010, 04:32:19 pm »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-152361/The-Red-Cross-bans-Christmas.html#ixzz19EUsbEpw

trying hard not to believe this although the article and website seems fairly legit !! If it's true the wankers will never get another dollar from me and i'm not even a bloody churchy!
Report Spam   Logged

Rather a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Newtown-Fella
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2010, 05:17:00 pm »

oh well its obvious that Moslems are taking over the world

soon we will all have to kneel twice a day and wail to the east
Report Spam   Logged
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2010, 05:47:26 pm »

So tell us all about which church you went to on Xmas Day....
Report Spam   Logged

If you aren't living life on the edge, you're taking up too much space! 
ssweetpea
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2010, 06:36:00 pm »

Sometimes I wonder if these people even talk to Muslems to find out whether Christmas is offensive or not.

If they did I suspect they will find out that most muslems are not offended in the slightest and may even wonder why they have effectively banned the celebration dedicated to a minor muslem prophet.

Before you ask yes, I have spoken to more than one muslem on the subject. One was happy to bring her child to our Mainly Music group (an actively Christian organisation by the way) she had no problem with songs mentioning God (usually one of two per session) but prefered to avoid the sessions leading up to Christmas and Easter, I gather that was more at the request of her husband than her own veiws. That was the way she put it anyway.
Report Spam   Logged

The way politicians run this country a small white cat should have no problem http://sally4mp.blogspot.com/
reality
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2010, 07:07:05 pm »

Yeah ..seems all religions are mad...they all believe in fantasy..the degree of hypocrisy varies..thats all
Report Spam   Logged
Newtown-Fella
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2010, 07:22:04 pm »

i didnt go to any !!
Report Spam   Logged
ssweetpea

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2010, 09:05:59 pm »

Unlike most of the rest I was at church (Zion Hill in Birkenhead  if you want to know) on Christmas Day - well from 11:30pm Christmas eve for an hour anyway. I even got back there on Boxing Day for the normal Sunday service. Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

The way politicians run this country a small white cat should have no problem http://sally4mp.blogspot.com/
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2010, 09:52:46 pm »

Unlike most of the rest I was at church (Zion Hill in Birkenhead  if you want to know) on Christmas Day - well from 11:30pm Christmas eve for an hour anyway. I even got back there on Boxing Day for the normal Sunday service. Tongue

I know where that is....I went past there a couple of times back in September....Grin

(they obviously don't have a decent organ either — ie...a pipe organ — according to this list)

Anyway, unlike Newtown-Fella, I actually was at church on Xmas Day morning.

To be precise, at St John's in the City in Wellington. That's the big old wooden presbyterian church in Willis Street. The church which flogged off the airspace above their historic church for $17 million back during the 1980s, then used the money to restore the church, rebuild the organ, and set up a trust fund so the interest would pay for most of their running and maintenance costs from then on. From memory, they flogged the airspace off to the developer of the Majestic Centre further down Willis Street, who then used that airspace to increase the height of the new building (which is still Wellington's tallest) way above what would otherwise have been allowed under Wellington's then town plan.
Report Spam   Logged

If you aren't living life on the edge, you're taking up too much space! 
Ares Abani
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2010, 02:37:58 am »

Gosh KTJ, what in the world were you doing in a church?

The Red Cross is clearly run by a bunch of spinless whimps. They will never get a donation from me again!
Report Spam   Logged

CS Lewis says in 'A Grief Observed'
"I need Christ, not something that resembles Him.”
ssweetpea

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2010, 06:16:17 am »

I know where that is....I went past there a couple of times back in September....Grin

(they obviously don't have a decent organ either — ie...a pipe organ — according to this list)

You are right and to top it off the current organ is faulty, it just might be put up on trademe at $1 reserve if the repairer shakes his head at it. Getting organs repaired these days is not cheap even when it is possible. Folau will have to bring in his keyboard at this rate.

I just hope they don't resort to the dreaded singing along to a CD that many small churches are doing these days. Sad
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: