Xtra News Community 2
April 19, 2024, 11:42:52 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

China to make RSA poppies

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: China to make RSA poppies  (Read 506 times)
ssweetpea
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« on: December 11, 2010, 03:27:38 pm »

I suspect that the rule change that forces employers of intellectually disabled people to be paid minimum wage rather than recieve a benefit with a top up for working are to blame.

Many disabled people have lost their much loved jobs because of this and are now in what amounts to daycare instead.

I was up in arms at this until the wife pointed out that it came about when some union or other took on the IHC [or whatever the hell they are called now] and forced them to pay the minimum wage..
Up to this point the handicapped head been enjoying doing things for a reasonable sum so as to keep them engaged in useful occupations.  Now they are employees on the aforsaid minimum wage, and as such have had themselves priced off the market.

Most people have forgotten this.

I hadn't forgotten, that is why I wondered if that was behind the cost rise. The former seltered workshops either have to compete against businesses who don't employ disabled people or shut up shop. Many have done the later.

Why do you think I am concerned that my girl may end up sitting on a benefit?

Mind you she is doing well enough a present that she may be able to pass some of NCEA when the time comes. Her school report wasn't that good except of the technology subjects and I have just recieved and invite to the end or year prize giving so she is getting some sort of certificate or award.

I doubt I will be buying a poppy either - unless I can confirm the ones in Auckland are made in NZ.
Report Spam   Logged

The way politicians run this country a small white cat should have no problem http://sally4mp.blogspot.com/

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: