Xtra News Community 2
April 19, 2024, 11:23:00 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

New Suggested Plan for School holidays.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Suggested Plan for School holidays.  (Read 200 times)
wgtngirl
« on: January 28, 2009, 07:01:53 am »

A couple of weeks ago it was suggested in the newspapers that xmas school holidays be altered so that kids have the time off between Xmas and New Year, then go back to school and then have the whole of February off.  The reason for that suggestion was that since February is the hottest month of the year it would be easier for the kids to be at home and that teachers would not have to deal with trying to teach grumpy, lethargic, hot students.

This is a daft suggestion.  FGS, kids are being increasingly more wrapped in cottonwool.  We, as kids, made it through February school days no problems.  They would also have to alter the rest of the holidays as first term hols usually start early April.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 07:13:03 am »

We had swimming pools too. 

Schools today are scared of pools.

In Oz on hot days some teachers take the kids outside to sit under shade trees.

But I dont think NZ school grounds have enough trees.

We dont think about the importance of shade, in schools, farm paddocks and bloody car parks!!
Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.
k1w14ever
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009, 08:01:39 am »

PC is so crap.  Our kids actually stay inside when it is over 40 and also kds don't have to go to school at all when it is really hot.  My answer to this is the class rooms are cooler than my house so I should be aloud to go in and sit with the kidson a hot day.    I do think 6 weeks is too long to have off.  And  one of the terms is far to long so maybe rearrnge that around but not because of the heat.
Report Spam   Logged

The length of a film should be directly related to the endurance of the human bladder.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: