Xtra News Community 2
March 29, 2024, 07:46:32 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Pauline Hanson - on the campaign trail again

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pauline Hanson - on the campaign trail again  (Read 652 times)
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« on: February 26, 2009, 07:08:50 am »

Australia's most famous anti-immigration politician, Pauline Hanson, declared herself a candidate in upcoming provincial elections, timing her planned comeback against a backdrop of rising unemployment.

The fish-and-chip shop owner, who turned her nationalist One Nation party into a major political force a decade ago, said she planned to stand as a candidate in elections in her home state of Queensland on March 21.

"I will be standing," Hanson, 54, said in a brief email response to a query, adding that she would stand in a mainly rural electorate near the Gold Coast tourist strip.

"A campaign launch is going to be held next Monday," she added.

Hanson won fame in 1996, entering national parliament as an independent calling for cuts to Aboriginal welfare and immigration.

She turned One Nation into a force that drew a million votes at its 1998 peak, but she lost her seat and was later convicted of electoral fraud and briefly went to jail.

Released in 2003 after her conviction was overturned, the red-headed mother of four left politics and became a minor celebrity, at one time entering a TV dancing competition.

Australia faces its sharpest economic slowdown since a deep recession in the early 1990s.

Unemployment is creeping higher, investment has slumped and the national government said this week it would cut the annual immigration intake for the first time in eight years due to the weakening demand for labour.

http://tvnz.co.nz/world-news/aust-nationalist-hanson-plans-comeback-2503814
Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

guest49
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2009, 07:38:53 am »

I dont agree with her politics, but I am glad to see her still in there swinging, after those corrupt politicians railroaded her into prison when she became a threat to their fiefdoms.
Report Spam   Logged
TokGal
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2009, 07:46:20 am »

Full marks for sheer doggedness.  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
donquixotenz
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

STILL TILTING

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2009, 07:53:13 am »

Funny how these neo nazi types resurect themselves when times are tough.
Report Spam   Logged

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body.

But rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming...

WOW, What a Ride!"

Please note: IMHO and e&oe apply to all my posts.
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2009, 08:02:35 am »

Shes the only politician Ive seen in all my years of political interest that actually says what the people are thinking, however, the people dont like what they are thinking being known by others.

She is far from being a nazi.
Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.
bump head benny
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2009, 08:11:40 am »

Well a few years ago Australias best selling book was about Chopper Chapman the Hitman....that says a lot about the peoples thinking over that way. A bit too much for my liking. (no offense Jodes)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2009, 08:50:52 am by bumphead benny » Report Spam   Logged

Lets kill all the warmongers.
donquixotenz
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

STILL TILTING

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2009, 08:39:32 am »

Banana benders are known for their redneck ways look how they treat the indiginees.
The last holdouts of the white australia policy and that south african clown bilke pedersonsen.
Hansen must feel at home there
Report Spam   Logged

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body.

But rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming...

WOW, What a Ride!"

guest49
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2009, 10:17:58 am »

OK, I'll bite - Joh Bjelke-Petersen was a kiwi - born in Dannevirke
Report Spam   Logged
Kiwithrottlejockey
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2009, 11:08:09 am »

OK, I'll bite - Joh Bjelke-Petersen was a kiwi - born in Dannevirke

....and lots of Ockers are Poms, Scots, Italians, Greeks, Wogs, Spiks, Slopes, Kiwis, etc, etc....born in all sorts of places outside Oz.
Report Spam   Logged
Kiwithrottlejockey
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2009, 11:10:43 am »

Anyway, to get back on topic — Oz is full of enough people who are redneck enough, or racist enough, or gullible enough to vote for a xenophobic politician like Pauline Hanson.
Report Spam   Logged
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2009, 11:28:04 am »

Banana benders are known for their redneck ways look how they treat the indiginees.
The last holdouts of the white australia policy and that south african clown bilke pedersonsen.
Hansen must feel at home there

Queenslanders are no worse nor better than the aussie govt, and the rest of australia in their treatment of the indigenous Aussie.

Don - Aussie has the largest mixed peoples from all over the world than any other country, particularly Malb & Sydney.  The 'white australia' policy is still alive and well in the over 40 age group, probably also much of the under 40s too.

Bielke did have a certain attutude to the people, maybe it was a carry over from his Boer existence??
Report Spam   Logged

donquixotenz
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

STILL TILTING

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2009, 04:21:49 pm »

My mistake yak he was a clown anyway.
Report Spam   Logged

WOW, What a Ride!"

guest49
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2009, 04:46:45 pm »

Yeah - Well.  We palmed him off on the Aussies, then manned the borders so they couldnt send him back!
Report Spam   Logged
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2009, 08:28:58 am »

WOW - Ms Hansen shouldnt be at all worried about the pics .. one of them is positively yummy.
Report Spam   Logged

Shef
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2009, 08:36:21 am »

Well a few years ago Australias best selling book was about Chopper Chapman the Hitman....that says a lot about the peoples thinking over that way. A bit too much for my liking. (no offense Jodes)

Do you mean the kickboxer/Muay Thai fighter? I wouldn't waste my money!!
Report Spam   Logged

Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get.
k1w14ever
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2009, 08:59:23 pm »

:tntrm   yuk yuk  yuk yuk yuk.   When ever she opens her mouth she gets into trouble. :brccli
Report Spam   Logged

The length of a film should be directly related to the endurance of the human bladder.
guest49
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2009, 09:30:14 pm »

The problem with Pauline Hanson, is she actually says what a vast number of the Aussie public think.
She says there is too much immigration.  Thats what Joe Citizen thinks.  She says the Aboriginies should not be provided with unlimited booze.  Thats what the Great Unwashed think.  She says there is too much corruption in Aussie politics.  And yep, thats what the average Aussie thinks.  [And she proved it when a couple of corrupt pollies there railroaded her into prison]  The list is long.
She makes a lot of sense, but she has now got the attention of powerful people in the establishment, who spend a fair bit of effort in denigrating her and twisting her words in the media
Report Spam   Logged
Magoo
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2009, 05:16:57 am »

Shes the only politician Ive seen in all my years of political interest that actually says what the people are thinking, however, the people dont like what they are thinking being known by others.
This hit the nail on the head.    Love her or hate her she isn't taking the easy road by telling people want they want to hear then reneging.
Report Spam   Logged
donquixotenz
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

STILL TILTING

« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2009, 05:42:41 am »

http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/-/latest/5392537/hanson-denies-racy-photos/

Hanson rejects nude photo claim

The man who sold nude photographs purporting to be a young Pauline Hanson stands by their authenticity, but admits his memory of his encounter is hazy.

The censored photographs, published in News Limited newspapers on Sunday and broadcast on the Nine and Seven networks, claim to show a 19-year-old Ms Hanson posing naked in the 1970s for photographer and then boyfriend Jack Johnson.

Ms Hanson on Monday vehemently denied the photos were of her.

Mr Johnson told the Seven Network on Monday that the photos are genuine and believes they are the woman who is running in the Queensland state election on Saturday.

"I took them myself - they're real," Mr Johnson said.

"I believe in my heart of hearts, I believe it's Pauline Hanson. But, what if I'm wrong."

Mr Johnson, whose face was pixelated during the interview, said the photos were taken somewhere between 1975 and 1977 when he was in the army.

He said he met a young woman named "Pauline" in a Brisbane grocery shop and later took her to the opening of what he believed to be the Pelican Bay Resort near Coffs Harbour in NSW.

The photographs were taken after a night of partying at the resort.

But Mr Johnson said his memory is hazy from chemotherapy he has endured for the past 12 years in his battle against bone cancer.

"I don't know a lot of stuff that happened back in those days," he said.

Ms Hanson, who is standing in the Queensland seat of Beaudesert for the March 21 election, told reporters in the Gold Coast hinterland town on Monday, the photos are not of her.

"(Legal) papers have already been served on News Limited, Channel Seven and Channel Nine," she said.

"I am also targeting others who have reported this wrongly and discredited me."

She said she was married and living on the Gold Coast in 1975 and had never worked in a Brisbane grocery store.

"I also state that I do not know of anyone by the name of Jack Johnson, I have never dated an army person - I was happily married to my husband at that time," she said.

She said her own investigations had shown the Pelican Bay Resort hadn't been built at the time the photos were supposedly taken.

And she said that until the age of 30 she had long hair.

"The truth is that is not me in those photos," Ms Hanson said.

Sunday Telegraph editor Neil Breen, who paid $15,000 for the photographs, said he had no doubts about their authenticity.

"I think there is absolutely no doubt," he told Fairfax Radio.

"I knew on Saturday when I had those photos ... that if I published something like that and they were wrong then I'm in huge trouble."

He said the newspaper's photograph experts had checked the images using computer software before they were published.

"You can see changes in the pixels ... if they've been doctored, and they weren't doctored," he said.

Queensland Premier Anna Bligh and Liberal National Party (LNP) leader Lawrence Springborg both denied claims of a conspiracy by the major parties being behind the photographs.

"I've heard a lot of weird and wacky theories on this campaign but I think that one gets the gold star," Ms Bligh told reporters in Toowoomba.

Mr Springborg said whoever had released the photographs "should be completely and absolutely ashamed of themselves".

There is a video on the link http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/-/latest/5392537/hanson-denies-racy-photos/

Warning these pix are explicit http://au.news.yahoo.com/gallery/-/5391362/

« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 05:49:02 am by donquixotenz » Report Spam   Logged

WOW, What a Ride!"

Magoo
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2009, 06:08:54 am »

His face was pixilated...Huh    He might be short in the gonad department but he can smell a dollar and what about blaming the chemo for a couple of blank spots.       So what if it was PH anyway?   In what way will this affect the earth?      The only ones who will worry needlessly about the photos are those who don't have enough to do and just maybe the girl in the photos will see this and sue him as well.    Interesting people do interesting things.  Speaking of which... I must go wash the breakfast dishes.  :blsm :larf
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 06:13:12 am by Magoo » Report Spam   Logged
guest49
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2009, 08:39:32 am »

Whoever the girl is, she would have been welcome in my bed!
Report Spam   Logged
Kiwithrottlejockey
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2009, 12:58:48 pm »

Has anyone seen the photographs? A couple of them are posted to an Aussie newsgroup hosted by SMF.

Here they are for anyone who hasn't yet seen them (I pinched them from the Aussie group)....

Now make up you own mind whether or not you think that is a young Pauline Hanson.
Report Spam   Logged
Magoo
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2009, 01:21:36 pm »

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574,25198686-1248,00.html   
I believe it is (Pauline Hanson). If it's not I am dead set sorry.

He isn't all that sure... could have been the chemo made his memory hazey... 

Bit of a back pedal me thinks.

Report Spam   Logged
AnFaolchu

100th (Gordon) Highlanders 1794

« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2009, 10:25:30 pm »

Amazing what can be done with photo shop these days!

Look carefully at the top one in KTJs post, look around the neck area. maybe it is her maybe be not...  :nn
Report Spam   Logged
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2009, 08:42:46 am »

I saw some pics yesterday, they were these ones but they were showing the photshopping that has been done to them .. the article was about a photoshop expert and his thoughts on them.

Hes adamant that its not her.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: