Xtra News Community 2
April 20, 2024, 11:45:23 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

I hear Michael Laws presides over a “spelling mistake!”

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I hear Michael Laws presides over a “spelling mistake!”  (Read 2523 times)
Kiwithrottlejockey
« Reply #75 on: April 04, 2009, 07:34:01 pm »

But what if the majority can't spell Whanganui correctly?

Should we always bow to the great unwashed uneducated and ignorant majority?   
Report Spam   Logged
guest49
« Reply #76 on: April 04, 2009, 07:48:05 pm »

If you wish to live in a democracy, then yes.  I guess so.
Of course you could always move to a place where theres an alternative system - Zimbabwe appeal to you?
Report Spam   Logged
Shef
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #77 on: April 04, 2009, 07:54:08 pm »

It's obviously HICKSVILLE where if you blink, you miss it!

Hey - I wasn't born there - just spent my teenage years there. So where were you born TJ?
Report Spam   Logged

Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get.
Kiwithrottlejockey
« Reply #78 on: April 04, 2009, 08:19:11 pm »

I was born in the Hastings Memorial Hospital back in the days when it was a collection of single-story buildings.
Report Spam   Logged
Kiwithrottlejockey
« Reply #79 on: April 04, 2009, 11:46:14 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Kiwithrottlejockey
« Reply #80 on: April 05, 2009, 12:13:31 am »

I went digging back through the online archives of the local Whanganui rag — the Wanganui Chronicle — and came up with the following articles that they have published over the past few weeks....

Whanganui v Wanganui: Council's huge decision

By SIMON WOOD - Wanganui Chronicle  | Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Ken Mair wants Wanganui's district councillors to carefully consider the "h" dilemma when they meet for an extraordinary meeting to discuss the spelling of the city's name today.

Wanganui iwi Te Runanga o Tupoho has lodged an application with the New Zealand Geographic Board to change the city's name from Wanganui to Whanganui.

The hearing of that application is likely to take place on March 27.

As part of the information-gathering process, the board has asked the council to provide views, feedback, comments and advice on the proposed name change, and specify whether it supports it or not.

Mr Mair, Tupoho spokesman, said he believed councillors would be divided on the issue.

"I think some see it as being pretty sensitive politically and some are basing it on principle and, if that's the case, I don't think they will be unified."

However, Wanganui Mayor Michael Laws did not anticipate much debate and said councillors were likely to respect the wishes of the community, which voted overwhelmingly to retain the current spelling during Referendum 06 by almost four to one.

Mr Laws strongly opposes adding the "h" and said councillors would probably agree to honour the outcome of the referendum.

"I'm not anticipating major objection. I would be extremely surprised if any councillor wished to fly in the face of community sentiment on this issue."

The agenda for today's council meeting recommends that the matter be discussed and that the council's views and advice be relayed to the Geographic Board.

It is unclear what will happen if the council is divided, but a vote on whether councillors support or oppose the name change is likely.

Mr Mair said Mr Laws did not speak for the entire council. "His leadership is not about being unified."

"It's a form of dictatorship, and it's like ‘it's my way or I'll shoot you down’."

Tupoho was "quietly confident" the application to change the name would be successful.

"We're finding that a lot of people are realising it's about respect for each other and respect for someone's name.

"It's not about who has the biggest numbers [the referendum results]. It's about who's correct and who's incorrect and the name is spelled wrong and it should be rectified."

http://www.wanganuichronicle.co.nz/localnews/storydisplay.cfm?storyID=3795291

Commission backs ‘H’ spelling of Wanganui

Wanganui Chronicle | Monday, March 02, 2009

The Maori Language Commission (Te Taura Whiri i te Reo Maori) has come out in support of Wanganui iwi Te Runanga o Tupoho's bid persuade the NZ Geographic Board to correct the current spelling of the city "Wanganui" to "Whanganui".

"It is our view that ‘Whanganui’ is the correct spelling of the area named by Haunui 600 years ago," chief executive Huhana Rokx said.

"‘Wanganui’ is the incorrect spelling of a Maori place name. Rather than persist with incorrect spelling, or co-opt the name as a Pakeha one, a return to the proper and actual Maori name would be the correct thing to do. "This returns integrity to the Maori language that is at the core of this debate and also ensures that the citizens of Whanganui can reside in their city, confident and at peace with its historical derivations.

http://www.wanganuichronicle.co.nz/localnews/storydisplay.cfm?storyID=3795464

H BOMBSHELL: Wanganui ‘does not exist’

By ANNE-MARIE EMERSON - Wanganui Chronicle | Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The first official step has been taken toward changing Wanganui's name to Whanganui.

In announcing its decision to seek the public's views on whether the H should be put in Wanganui, the New Zealand Geographic Board gave a clear indication of its position on the issue.

The board noted there was a valid case to do so, saying a mistake in spelling was made more than 150 years ago and should be corrected.

The board also made the discovery that Wanganui, as a city, does not officially exist.

"Wanganui, the name given to the town to reflect its position near the mouth of the Whanganui River, was spelt incorrectly and has never been formally gazetted," board chairman Don Grant said.

"It is therefore not currently an official New Zealand place name."

The board, which decides on official New Zealand place names, met on Friday to consider the application made by local iwi Te Runanga o Tupoho in February. It had three possible options: to approve the application for consultation; to defer its decision; or to decline the application outright.

The board cannot change a place name without public consultation and approval from the Minister of Land Information.

This is the first time an application has been made in New Zealand to change the name of a large town or city.

Dr Grant said early settlers clearly intended the name of the city to be derived from the Maori name of the river, and consistent modern usage of the language showed the spelling should be Whanganui, not Wanganui.

He said it was a matter of spelling, not pronunciation. "While the H was silent in historical usage, many English words and place names had silent letters, for example the K and the G in Poor Knights Islands."

Tupoho spokesman Ken Mair said the board's approval was "fantastic news".

"Of course it's great for the iwi, but also for the community as a whole.

"Historically, it would be difficult to undermine the correct spelling of Whanganui, and the board's decision shows this."

Mr Mair said the board had done their own research which had turned up the fact that Wanganui had no official standing.

He said spelling the name correctly was a matter of respect.

"When you spell someone's name wrong you try to correct it as soon as possible."

But Wanganui mayor Michael Laws described the decision as "morally and historically wrong".

"[The board's] understanding of history is grossly deficient and we will be drawing that to their attention.

"It is an attack upon the integrity of my city, my district and my constituents. It is an affront to democracy and every concept of equity."

Mr Laws said he would fight the decision with "all effort and endeavour", and has convened an urgent meeting of the Wanganui District Council on April 06, despite being sick with a chest infection.

He said if the board's final decision was in favour of the H, the council could petition parliament to overrule the board's decision by introducing a local bill to that effect.

Public consultation will begin in six weeks, with any New Zealander able to make a submission. Consultation will be open for three months, and a final decision will be made in September or October.

The Geographic Board changed the name of the river from Wanganui to Whanganui in 1991.

In 2006 a referendum was held on the Wanganui / Whanganui issue, with 82 percent of voters (13,670) preferring Wanganui and 18 percent (3026) choosing Whanganui. Fifty-five percent of eligible voters voted in the referendum. Whanganui means "great harbour" or "expanse of water", and was named by the explorer Haunui more than 600 years ago. Mr Mair said Wanganui does not exist as a word in te reo Maori and was meaningless to local iwi.

anne-marie.emerson@wanganuichronicle.co.nz

http://www.wanganuichronicle.co.nz/localnews/storydisplay.cfm?storyid=3796588

H destined for Referendum 09

By ANNE-MARIE EMERSON - Wanganui Chronicle | Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Wanganui people could be asked to vote for a second time on whether they want the H in Wanganui.

The New Zealand Geographic Board announced on Monday it had approved the application from local iwi Te Runanga o Tupoho to change Wanganui's name to Whanganui.

The board said the name Wanganui was a 150-year-old spelling mistake and needed to be corrected. It also said Wanganui had never been formally gazetted and therefore did not exist as an official place name.

The board will call for public submissions next month, which will give every New Zealander the chance to have their say on the issue.

Wanganui Mayor Michael Laws, who firmly opposes any change to Wanganui's name, has called an emergency Wanganui District Council meeting for next Monday to discuss the board's decision.

Mr Laws has indicated he would like to see the vexed question of the correct spelling of Wanganui added to Referendum 09.

"In this entire debate, the views of ordinary people have been overlooked and disregarded.

"It will be my proposal that we empower Wanganui citizens by seeking their declarative judgment.

"The most effective way would be through a district-wide referendum."

The Wanganui/Whanganui question was included in Referendum 06. In a turn-out of 55 per cent of eligible voters, 82 per cent voted to keep the current spelling and 18 per cent voted to change it to Whanganui.

The five other questions for Referendum 09 include: the level of rates increases; selling pensioner housing; the relocation of the information centre; a tourism levy; and selling Energy Direct.

The referendum period is April 14 to May 14.

Meanwhile, Mr Laws faces opposition from within his own council if he attempts to fight the New Zealand Geographic Board's decision.

Councillor Rangi Wills, Wanganui District Council's iwi liaison, said Wanganui without the H has no meaning for Maori and he supports renaming the city Whanganui.

He said Mr Laws' assertion that he would fight the decision with "all effort and endeavour" was very disappointing.

"Mr Laws needs to remember that 20 per cent of his constituents are Maori, and he has a responsibility to represent all his community."

Cr Willis said he was aware his opinion may not be popular with many Wanganui residents, but it was a matter of principle.

"As a councillor I vote on principle, and I cannot put aside my principles.

"The fact of the matter is, it is culturally insulting to Whanganui Maori to continue to use the Wanganui spelling."

Cr Wills said he was appalled by the level of vitriol against putting the ‘H’ in Wanganui.

"You would think something had been taken away from these people — actually it was Maori that had something taken from them."

He noted that Maori were given dominion over their language in the Treaty of Waitangi.

"You cannot tell another culture how to spell their own language."

Cr Wills warned that the Wanganui/Whanganui issue in Wanganui would not go away.

"If the H is not put in Wanganui we will still be debating this in 100 years' time.

"You would have to convince every Maori in Wanganui that the H doesn't exist — and that isn't going to happen."

Meanwhile, other reaction throughout Wanganui to the Geographic Board's decision has been mixed.

Acting deputy mayor Ray Stevens said the board's decision was "a sad day for Wanganui and a sad day for democracy". Mr Stevens said he would support the voice of local people in rejecting the change to Wanganui's spelling.

"I will be there all the way — even if it comes to going through the full legal process to stop this lubricating a squeaky wheel."

Whanganui MP Chester Borrows was reluctant to be drawn on his opinion but said Wanganui people should make their opinions known to the Geographic Board when submissions open next month.

"There is a process for everyone in Wanganui to make their views known, and I would encourage them to use it."

Te Tai Tokerau MP Tariana Turia welcomed the board's decision.

"As the namer of names, the board is in a very powerful position and I commend its decision because it reflects a genuine desire to correct the mistakes of the past and do the right thing."

"I have to agree with [Ken] Mair [Te Runanga o Tupoho spokesperson] when he said in his submission that the name of our rohe, our awa and our iwi is how we are identified."

http://www.wanganuichronicle.co.nz/localnews/storydisplay.cfm?storyid=3796589

Signs could hit the H-ighway

By ANNE-MARIE EMERSON - Wanganui Chronicle | Friday, April 03, 2009

Wanganui is coming to grips with the possibility it might soon be Whanganui.

This week the New Zealand Geographic Board approved an application from Te Runanga o Tupoho to change Wanganui's name to Whanganui, and will shortly call for applications on the proposed name change.

The logistics of changing the name could be huge, although the Geographic Board has said any changeover period was likely to be a matter of years.

New Zealand Transport Agency regional manager Errol Christiansen said while the possible change to Whanganui "was not on our radar yet", it was likely several dozen highway signs would have to be changed if the citys name becomes Whanganui.

From the south, the first signs for Wanganui appear at the Himatangi junction on SH1. In the north, Wanganui signs appear on SH3 as far north as New Plymouth and on SH4 from just south of Te Kuiti.

Mr Christiansen said there were also signs pointing to Wanganui that did not come under the New Zealand Transport Agency's jurisdiction, such as the signs within Palmerston North's city boundaries.

Wanganui businesses would take a practical approach to replacing signage if the city's name is changed, according to the Wanganui Chamber of Commerce.

Chamber president Bronwyn Paul said it had no official stance on the H debate.

"Business members do not reflect support or aversion to a name change, and feel a city working together is more important than developing division in a community over a name.

"City forefathers changed the name from Petre to Wanganui and inevitably at some time in the future the name will incorporate the H."

Ms Paul said some businesses had expressed concern over the cost of changing signage and electronic assets such as websites.

"The impact and cost to some businesses will be significant, but most will use a practical approach and change stationery and signage as it requires replacing.

"Some members are concerned about the electronic effect of a name change through emails and websites, while others feel there are more important issues facing business such as a declining local economy."

http://www.wanganuichronicle.co.nz/localnews/storydisplay.cfm?storyid=3796710
Report Spam   Logged
Magoo
« Reply #81 on: April 05, 2009, 05:56:06 am »

All this time, money and kerfuffle over an H is a joke.   When people are losing their jobs, homes and facing difficulties the focus on this claptrap is nonsense.             It either has an H or it doesn't so what is it with referendums and argument so if it has an H put it in and if it doesn't - build a bridge and get over it.

Someone was saying on another thread somewhere about NZers being idiots... this is a good example.
Report Spam   Logged
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #82 on: April 05, 2009, 11:29:16 am »

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10565325&ref=rss

Looks like its gonna cost heaps more then.
Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.
Magoo
« Reply #83 on: April 05, 2009, 11:40:46 am »

It certainly does Lovelee.  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
Kiwithrottlejockey
« Reply #84 on: May 05, 2009, 01:21:57 pm »

‘We're not a provincial backwater’

The Dominion Post | Tuesday, 05 May 2009

Michael Laws

Wanganui is best known for its colourful mayor, its river and its gangs, according to a survey about how New Zealanders perceive the city.

The council-commissioned National Perceptions of Wanganui survey was releasted this morning by deputy mayor Dot McKinnon.

The survey polled 766 people from around the country.

Wanganui features or personalities that struck a chord with respondents included:

• Mayor Michael Laws;

• the Whanganui river;

• gangs;

• River Queen;

• and the Cooks Gardens.

From media coverage, respondents recognised Wanganui for:

• the debate over whether to add an h to the name;

• gang violence, fights and patches;

• Mayor Michael Laws and his ill daughter;

• drive-by shootings;

• and, Maori land or river issues.

Wanganui rated below Hawke's Bay, Wellington, Ruapehu, Taranaki and Manawatu — but above Rangitikei — as a lower North Island tourist destination.

Just over a quarter of respondents — 27 per cent — had never visited Wanganui.

The main reason for not visiting was that the city "simply did not appeal".

"We know that we live in a fantastic place, and that Wanganui's residents have an improving quality of life," Ms McKinnon said.

"We also know that we've turned around our internal image of Wanganui.

"Now we need to change Wanganui's perception on a national level. We're not a provincial backwater. We are a very pretty city with a family-friendly quality of life and fantastic amenities. It is time to tell all of New Zealand that Wanganui is the place to visit and live."

The council will use the survey as it drafts a new visitor strategy.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post/news/central-north-island/2385190/We-re-not-a-provincial-backwater
Report Spam   Logged
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #85 on: May 13, 2009, 10:28:03 am »

Wanganui's big decision

Institutions in Wanganui say they will not necessarily change should the decision be made to officially add an "h" to the town's name.

A public consultation by the New Zealand Geographic Board gets under way tomorrow.

The Wanganui Chronicle is at 153 the country's oldest newspaper. If the board recommended changing the spelling to Whanganui the daily paper would not necessarily do the same.

Chief reporter Colin Rowatt said some readers responded to an April Fool's joke the Chronicle played by cancelling subscriptions and sending in hate mail.

"We suggested that we might, if things happen, put the h in Wanganui. But because of the width of the page and the size of our masthead we couldn't fit Whanganui and Chronicle. We were going to have to take the h out of Chronicle and put it in Wanganui."

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10571961&ref=rss
Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.
Shef
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #86 on: May 13, 2009, 06:49:08 pm »

But because of the width of the page and the size of our masthead we couldn't fit Whanganui and Chronicle. We were going to have to take the h out of Chronicle and put it in Wanganui."

Report Spam   Logged

Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get.
ssweetpea
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #87 on: May 13, 2009, 07:07:03 pm »

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sideswipe/news/article.cfm?c_id=702&objectid=10571907

...and Whanganui think they are problems
Report Spam   Logged

The way politicians run this country a small white cat should have no problem http://sally4mp.blogspot.com/
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #88 on: September 18, 2009, 08:08:15 pm »

Editorial: One little letter means so much

The Dominion Post | Friday, 18 September 2009

The horror, the horror — or as Michael Laws might prefer it, the orror, the orror. The Geographic Board has recommended an h be added to Wanganui.

Mr Laws, the district's mayor, has been a vociferous advocate of an h-less spelling. He believes the recommendation is "racist". That is not a helpful contribution. The argument should be about whether to correct a historical error.

Mr Laws argues that Wanganui is the way it has been spelt for 150 years, and that is the way it should continue to be spelt "as long as common sense and the will of our citizens dictates". Referendums suggest a majority of the city's voters agree. A vote in May this year had 77 per cent of those who voted wanting the h left out. The turnout was 61 per cent of eligible voters. A referendum in 2006 delivered a similar result.

The argument for Wanganui overlooks the evidence put in front of the Geographic Board. That evidence demonstrated that the spelling "Wanganui" was a mistake 150 years ago. It is common sense to fix mistakes, no matter how old, or how many people have got used to them.

The board summed up the argument for the change well: "In the end, we could not overlook the fact that Wanganui is not correctly spelt and it is a Maori name that is of significant cultural importance. Historical evidence has shown that early settlers clearly intended the name of the city to be derived from the Maori name for the river, and consistent modern usage of the language showed the spelling should be Whanganui, not Wanganui."

Spelt correctly, Whanganui means big harbour. Spelt incorrectly, it means nothing.

To leave the name spelt incorrectly would be an affront to Maori, made worse by the knowledge that it is a deliberate decision to keep it that way, rather than the result of ignorance.

Nor has the spelling been quite the settled issue that supporters of the h-less Wanganui portray. Both versions of the name were used in newspapers and official documents in the 19th century. The board also noted that, in 1902, the Wanganui Herald reported that the mayor had proposed "to have the name of our town spelt correctly viz, by reinstating the letter h, making it Whanganui in accordance with its original name and meaning" a move apparently defeated because one councillor felt the misspelling had advantages for mail delivery. It made it stand out from the names of similar places that had corrected their spellings already, such as Whangarei.

Mr Laws should heed the advice he crossly gave to schoolchildren who wrote to him about the matter. The issue is not trivial. Questions of culture and identity are important. However, it is hard to believe there are not more pressing issues facing Wanganui, whichever way it is spelt.

The final decision is up to Land Information Minister Maurice Williamson. He will be assailed by those who believe fixing a spelling mistake will mean catastrophe for the residents of the city. He should remember that their predecessors lived in a settlement that was supposed to be called Petre. They survived and prospered despite a name change to Wanganui. Today's residents will survive the addition of an h.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post/opinion/editorials/2875916/Editorial-One-little-letter-means-so-much
Report Spam   Logged

If you aren't living life on the edge, you're taking up too much space! 
Newtown-Fella
« Reply #89 on: September 18, 2009, 10:14:14 pm »

Readers' Poll Put in your vote
What's the best solution to the Wanganui 'h' debate?

* Retain Wanganui
    * Change to Whanganui
    * Change to Wanganui/Whanganui

* Retain Wanganui: 3918 (68%)
    * Change to Whanganui: 1283 (22%) 
    * Change to Wanganui/Whanganui: 584 (10%) 

Total Votes: 5785

http://dynamic.nzherald.co.nz/poll/pub/polls/index.cfm?action=results&pollid=C9918C2A-F6A6-A745-62BF181A7D6B988B&CFID=67106&CFTOKEN=6662c3599a545869-B97E1543-BB57-47F0-93DBA90722BB26EA

seems the public are against the Geographic Board as well .....
Report Spam   Logged
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #90 on: September 18, 2009, 10:28:03 pm »

I guess that poll shows the proportion of the population who are bigots, rednecks, racists, etc....Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #91 on: September 19, 2009, 12:47:21 am »

Report Spam   Logged

Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #92 on: September 19, 2009, 10:38:23 am »

Wanganui signwriter hopes ‘h’ is for hooray

By SIMON WOOD - The Dominion Post | 5:00AM - Saturday, 19 September 2009

GOOD FOR BUSINESS: Steve Couper pinning his hopes on the Whanganui change going through. — SIMON WOOD/The Dominion Post.

GOOD FOR BUSINESS: Steve Couper pinning his
hopes on the Whanganui change going through.
— SIMON WOOD/The Dominion Post.

Wanganui resident Steve Couper doesn't feel strongly about the "h" debate but he's still pinning his hopes on the change going through.

The signwriter of 20 years expects business to boom if the city becomes Whanganui, with demand for new signs at an all-time high. "It said in my star sign that I would get a job promotion, so what does that tell you?" He has previously done work for pubs and service centres in the River City and would begin approaching businesses once the decision was final.

While many business owners would not want to change their name, there were still some who would, Mr Couper said. "I'm not going to miss a trick so I'll be in there in a flash." Although a mild supporter of the "h", he values community and tolerance more.

"Taking things too personally and emotionally is the downfall of the bigwigs in this place."

http://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post/national/2881211/Wanganui-signwriter-hopes-h-is-for-hooray
Report Spam   Logged

AnFaolchudubh
Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

Faugh a ballagh!

« Reply #93 on: September 19, 2009, 10:52:37 am »

Wanganui signwriter hopes ‘h’ is for hooray

By SIMON WOOD - The Dominion Post | 5:00AM - Saturday, 19 September 2009

GOOD FOR BUSINESS: Steve Couper pinning his hopes on the Whanganui change going through. — SIMON WOOD/The Dominion Post.

GOOD FOR BUSINESS: Steve Couper pinning his
hopes on the Whanganui change going through.
— SIMON WOOD/The Dominion Post.

Wanganui resident Steve Couper doesn't feel strongly about the "h" debate but he's still pinning his hopes on the change going through.

The signwriter of 20 years expects business to boom if the city becomes Whanganui, with demand for new signs at an all-time high. "It said in my star sign that I would get a job promotion, so what does that tell you?" He has previously done work for pubs and service centres in the River City and would begin approaching businesses once the decision was final.

While many business owners would not want to change their name, there were still some who would, Mr Couper said. "I'm not going to miss a trick so I'll be in there in a flash." Although a mild supporter of the "h", he values community and tolerance more.

"Taking things too personally and emotionally is the downfall of the bigwigs in this place."

http://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post/national/2881211/Wanganui-signwriter-hopes-h-is-for-hooray

There, see, it's going to create jobs, during the rescession so whats the fuss?!
Report Spam   Logged

Stupid people are not an endangered species so why are we protecting them
R. S. OhAllmurain
DidiMau69
Shit-Hot Member

On patrol Bien Hoa Province 1969

« Reply #94 on: September 19, 2009, 11:09:00 am »

I guess that poll shows the proportion of the population who are bigots, rednecks, racists, etc....Grin

Call them what you will. The poll is a very good reflection of the way New Zealand thinks. You don't like it? Well that's just too bad.

Name calling is not going to cut it. The more you try to apply insulting labels to people who disagree with your minority causes the more you will get their backs up and entrench their positions.

Don't they teach you that at greenie 'how to write letters to the editor' and 'effective posting to news forums' school?
Report Spam   Logged

Walk softly and carry a big stick. - Theodore Roosevelt.
Newtown-Fella
« Reply #95 on: September 19, 2009, 02:21:18 pm »

hey you forgot to add National Party supporters ...  Shocked

Report Spam   Logged
Im2Sexy4MyPants

« Reply #96 on: September 19, 2009, 02:23:51 pm »

What the fanganui ?
would be something the people could get their teeth into.
Report Spam   Logged

Are you sick of the bullshit from the sewer stream media spewed out from the usual Ken and Barby dickless talking point look a likes.

If you want to know what's going on in the real world...
And the many things that will personally effect you.
Go to
http://www.infowars.com/

AND WAKE THE F_ _K UP
Im2Sexy4MyPants

« Reply #97 on: September 19, 2009, 02:30:53 pm »

I once lived in Ohiro Bay it was changed to
Owhiro Bay
Report Spam   Logged

Are you sick of the bullshit from the sewer stream media spewed out from the usual Ken and Barby dickless talking point look a likes.

If you want to know what's going on in the real world...
And the many things that will personally effect you.
Go to
http://www.infowars.com/

AND WAKE THE F_ _K UP
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #98 on: September 19, 2009, 03:07:36 pm »

This is what is on the wall of a business just around the corner from me at the moment....

Piggy Muldoon says....
Report Spam   Logged

Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #99 on: September 20, 2009, 09:27:52 pm »

The “pro-spelling-mistake” brigade show their TRUE nasty colours
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: