Xtra News Community 2
March 29, 2024, 03:45:07 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

My dog and the new addition

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My dog and the new addition  (Read 903 times)
beaker
Senator
Part-Of-The-Furniture Member

« on: September 12, 2010, 12:01:34 am »

Against my better judgement - we have a new kitten.  I am not a kitten/puppy type person... I like to be able to walk barefoot around the house in the middle of the night without encountering something warm and squishy.  I like not having to hunt around the boys' bedroom looking for "that smell".   And we all still bare the tiny scars on our ankles from when Scar was a kitten.

Our young neighbour decided to piss off the wrong people and had to vacate the city pretty quickly.  She had a little kitten and couldn't take him with her.  Given he spent more time in our front yard then over at her place and the thought that we can afford to give him a good life and not knowing if he'd get adopted from the SPCA, we took pity.

He's a feisty little poop, so called Mojo.  We have an 11 year old female and a six year old male (cats) residing in our house - they hate each other already so we didn't know what a kitten would do to the mix.  I had visions of the kitten being chased and picked on by Scar - (he who does not like anything or anyone except me and Mr B).  Or Miss Hissy Emily constantly hissing at him every one of her limited waking moments.

My other fear was that our Black Lab/Mastif - Meg, would accidently stand on the ball of fluff or "thwump" down on top of the poor thing when the heater was turned on.

But Mojo has balls.  He will skydrive onto the other cats from windowsills and chairs.  He'll arch his back and bounce along the floor on all fours up to one of the other cats... then bounce backwards when he realises he's not scaring them.  He will sit right next to the other cats while they eat and just stare at the food bowl - wait for them to be distracted and then shove his head in the bowl.  Most amusing is how him and the dog behave together.

So to our surprise a friendship has blossomed between Meg and Mojo... our M&Ms, I have this little gem -
And yes the baby at the end is Miss B4.  Sorry, it is sideways... couldn't work out how to rotate it  Roll Eyes

Report Spam   Logged

This job is a test . . . It is only a test . . . Had this been a real job . . . it would have come with raises, promotions and other signs of appreciation!!!

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Magoo
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2010, 06:27:36 am »

Grin  What a lovely pair.  A beautiful B4 too.
Report Spam   Logged
nitpicker1
XNC2 GOD

Nothing sexceeds like sexcess

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2010, 12:52:47 pm »

thats
a
really
neat
vid
love
the
glossy
black
coats

Report Spam   Logged

"Life might not be the party you were expecting, but you're here now, so you may as well get up and dance"
dragontamer
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2010, 01:55:26 pm »

Beautiful Beaker. 

B4 is a wee stunner too.  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
ssweetpea
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2010, 04:50:37 pm »

Yep, those two black guys look like the best of buddys.

I forgot it is nearly a year since I saw B4. She certainly has grown. I take it the exma has cleared up or is not so much of a problem now.
Report Spam   Logged

The way politicians run this country a small white cat should have no problem http://sally4mp.blogspot.com/
beaker
Senator
Part-Of-The-Furniture Member

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2010, 10:27:11 pm »

Baby's skin has cleared up heaps since you saw her last Sweetpea, tiny bit still on her limbs, but her face is back to being clear and smooth like a baby's ...

Nitpicker - even I noticed the glossy coat on the vid.  I'm impressed as Meg is due for a bath (when the weather warms up a bit) and overdue for a good brush.
Report Spam   Logged

This job is a test . . . It is only a test . . . Had this been a real job . . . it would have come with raises, promotions and other signs of appreciation!!!
Ares Abani
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2010, 12:59:30 pm »

Fine looking cat and dog you got there, beaker. Cute little baby too.
Report Spam   Logged

CS Lewis says in 'A Grief Observed'
"I need Christ, not something that resembles Him.”
Alicat
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2010, 03:48:55 pm »

Beaker - I haven't been on line much lately so have just spotted your lovely video - great stuff. What gorgeous wee babes - all of them!
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: