Xtra News Community 2
April 21, 2024, 12:42:06 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

THE CATS

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: THE CATS  (Read 16332 times)
Alicat
« Reply #225 on: November 29, 2012, 07:30:04 am »

Missing cat was on an island adventure
NZ Newswire
November 28, 2012, 7:51 am 

A Hamilton family's cat that went missing more than two months ago has turned up on Waiheke Island, about 125km and a ferry ride away.

Squids, a Burmese cat, was reunited with her owners on Saturday following her island adventure.

The cat was found in Surfdale and taken to the Waiheke SPCA earlier this month.

SPCA manager Lesley McDougall said the cat was in great condition and staff were determined to find her owner.

However, newspaper advertisements, pleas on the SPCA website and Facebook notices failed to yield a response.

"Normally we only keep cats for seven days before finding a new home for them but we couldn't give up and carried on looking," Ms McDougall told Fairfax.

Back in Hamilton, Virginia Endres and her family were missing 12-year-old Squids.

"She has a history of going to sleep in neighbours' cars but had never before been missing for so long," she said.

But an ad the family had put on Trade Me was eventually spotted by Waiheke resident Madeleine Rawlence, who'd been trawling the internet for clues after seeing the cat on the SPCA website.

"Because of the lack of response to the Waiheke adverts I knew it couldn't be a Waiheke cat and when I saw the ad on Trade Me it fitted the age and gender," she said.

"I still couldn't believe it, though, because it's so far-fetched. I can see how she might have got to Half Moon Bay but not over the water."

Ms Endres and her daughter Alexandria headed to Waiheke on Saturday to pick up Squids, who was micro-chipped before the return trip to Hamilton.

"Just in case she fancies another trip away," Ms McDougall said.

Sponsored Links

http://nz.news.yahoo.com/a/-/mp/15498428/missing-cat-was-on-an-island-adventure/

Glad there was a happy ending - bloody Burmese. They are sooooooooooooooooooo nosey.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: