Xtra News Community 2
April 20, 2024, 07:09:38 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

a NEW POLITICAL PARTY oh goody, just what we need

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: a NEW POLITICAL PARTY oh goody, just what we need  (Read 294 times)
nitpicker1
XNC2 GOD

Nothing sexceeds like sexcess

« on: August 30, 2010, 07:47:46 am »

Crafar player linked to new political party
By Adam Bennett
5:30 AM Friday Aug 27, 2010

A fledgling political party associated with the businessman behind a Chinese bid for the Crafar farms plans to field candidates in next year's election.

Auckland businessman Paul Young and former Labour Party list candidate Stephen Ching yesterday confirmed the New Citizens Party had lodged an application for registration with the Electoral Commission.

Mr Young, of Auckland firm Asia Marketing and Advertising Consultants, said he had been helping to organise the party, which was now awaiting approval of its application.

Once that was granted, the party would meet to elect its leadership.

Mr Young would not say who the leading figures in the party were. That would be announced after registration and party elections.

He said the group wished to work with the major parties, "just like the other small parties", and would definitely try to field candidates in next year's general election.

Businessman Jack Chen, the self-described driving force behind the bid by Hong Kong company Natural Dairy NZ for the Crafar dairy empire, has been associated with the party, but Mr Young and Mr Ching downplayed his involvement

Mr Chen, who recently severed his business links with former National Prime Minister Dame Jenny Shipley, was not "a key person or main person" in the party, said Mr Young, and while the Chinese Business Roundtable Council, which Mr Chen founded, was one of its supporting organisations, it was not directly linked.

The party was formed "to have a voice for certain communities to say what they want and to follow it up and get a result".

Its membership was not just Chinese New Zealanders but was drawn from the Korean, Maori and Pakeha communities.

Mr Young said the party believed that as New Zealand became more engaged with the rest of the world, "we do need to listen to different voices".

Mr Ching, who is still a member of the Labour Party, said he had no role with the New Citizens Party but was "just helping some of my friends" who were setting it up.

He said the new party had a particular interest in improving the economy.

Mr Young said it also had a focus on community safety, legal and education issues which required long-term policies, "and we do not see that happening".

By Adam Bennett
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10669157

Report Spam   Logged

"Life might not be the party you were expecting, but you're here now, so you may as well get up and dance"

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Magoo
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2010, 08:01:34 am »

New Citizens Party

Mr Young would not say who the leading figures in the party were. That would be announced after registration and party elections.
Oh goody.  I love surprises.

He said the new party had a particular interest in improving the economy.

or should that be 'He said the new party had a particular interest in improving their  economy.'
Report Spam   Logged
Ares Abani
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2010, 08:13:48 am »

Spot on, magoo..lol
This new political party is just another name for crook wanting to line their own pockets with yawls assects. Mind you I ain't cutting yawl down for that by no stretch of the imagination since we are so stupid over here we owe the Chinese more money than we could ever hope to repay and they own more business and money making companies than you can shake a stick at. I blame the chinese and the raghead businessmen for me having to learn that to be in the business world as a woman you have to be willinig to not look a man in the eye and not speak directly to them as to not offend them..pff
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 09:55:22 am by Ares Abani » Report Spam   Logged

CS Lewis says in 'A Grief Observed'
"I need Christ, not something that resembles Him.”
Im2Sexy4MyPants
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2010, 09:09:47 am »

and while the Chinese Business Roundtable Council, which Mr Chen founded, was one of its supporting organisations, it was not directly linked.

The round table groups are world wide and are all linked,
and when its all boiled down those greedy money raking pigs
with their hunger for profit at any cost have smashed the world economy
the result is the devaluation of the worlds money and world wide bail outs
paid for by the worlds poor taxpayers  which all adds up to welfare for the mega rich

Slavery we pay for it, we support it, and most of us don't even realize that we are slaves...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gB7Pvghg00&feature=related
Report Spam   Logged

Are you sick of the bullshit from the sewer stream media spewed out from the usual Ken and Barby dickless talking point look a likes.

If you want to know what's going on in the real world...
And the many things that will personally effect you.
Go to
http://www.infowars.com/

AND WAKE THE F_ _K UP
nitpicker1
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2011, 02:23:56 am »

Paper faces complaint over bid to sway voters
By Lincoln Tan
5:30 AM Monday Mar 7, 2011

A Botany voter will be complaining to the Electoral Commission about a local Chinese newspaper after being given an issue published on election day asking voters to support New Citizen Party candidate Paul Young.

Under the Electoral Act, campaigning on election day - including distributing any statement likely to influence a voter on which candidate or party to vote for - is an offence.

The United Chinese Press, which is published in English and Chinese, ran articles and advertisements in its Saturday Chinese edition supporting Mr Young, including a headline that read: "Botany Chinese needs an MP who they can communicate with directly."

An article said a vote for Mr Young was "a vote to benefit the Chinese community" and the writer concluded by saying, "I will definitely support and vote for Paul Young".

The paper also carried a quarter-page advertisement for the New Citizen Party about where voters could get free transport to voting centres.

Mr Young provisionally finished third in the byelection with 1572 votes, or 10.5 per cent, behind winner Jami-Lee Ross (National) on 8150 and Labour's Michael Wood on 4154.

Both Mr Young's New Citizen Party and the United Chinese Press are linked to Jack Chen, the China-based businessman who was behind the failed bid to buy the Crafar farming empire.

The voter, who wanted to be known only as Mr Wang, said he was handed a copy of the paper by Mr Young's supporters outside the New World supermarket at the Botany Town Centre on Saturday as he went to vote.

The free paper had also been widely distributed to Asian supermarkets, food courts and shopping centres within the electorate.

"As a Chinese myself, I find it disgraceful that a Chinese newspaper has to use such underhand tactics to help a Chinese candidate."

Yesterday, Electoral Commission spokeswoman Anastasia Turnbull said the agency would not be able to comment until it had seen the newspaper.

However, the chief electoral officer had spoken to United Chinese Press chief editor Jerry Yang last month after having learned the paper was soliciting ads supporting Mr Young.

Mr Yang had assured the commission that he was aware of the rules and intended to comply with them, she said.

Mr Yang could not be contacted yesterday and did not respond to the emails from the Herald.

By Lincoln Tan

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/politics/news/article.cfm?c_id=280&objectid=10710631

Editor insists election day endorsement legal
By Lincoln Tan
5:30 AM Tuesday Mar 8, 2011

The chief editor of a local Chinese newspaper has defended the publication of an election-day edition to support a Chinese party candidate in the Botany byelection.

Under electoral law, advertising and statements which could influence voters cannot be published or broadcast on election day.

United Chinese Press published an edition dated Saturday, March 5 - the date of the byelection - but its editor, Jerry Wen Yang, denies he has broken any rules because the paper was printed the day before.

The Electoral Commission said it considered newspapers published after 6pm on the day before the election day as being published on election day, but Mr Yang said he got his paper printed before the 6pm deadline.

"Our paper was printed on Friday and is only distributed on Saturday.

"According to my understanding, what we have published is not considered to be election advertising but freedom of speech."

A Botany voter is complaining to the Electoral Commission after being handed a copy of the newspaper on election day at Botany Town Centre by a supporter campaigning for New Citizen Party candidate Paul Young.

Both the party and the newspaper are supported by the Chinese businessman behind the failed bid for the Crafar farms.

The paper ran a headline saying Botany Chinese needed an MP they could communicate with directly, articles backing Mr Young and an advert for the New Citizen Party.

Mr Young finished provisionally third of 10 candidates, behind National Party winner Jami-Lee Ross and Labour's Michael Wood.

Electoral Commission spokeswoman Anastasia Turnbull said yesterday that the agency would not be able to comment until a translation had been considered.

By Lincoln Tan

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/politics/news/article.cfm?c_id=280&objectid=10710848
Report Spam   Logged

"Life might not be the party you were expecting, but you're here now, so you may as well get up and dance"
AnFaolchudubh
Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

Faugh a ballagh!

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2011, 09:48:08 am »

Thats MMP for you. I remember an old war vet friend of ours saying to me that he could see MMP just being a under the table, scratch by back i'll scratch yours etc sort of carry on.

I'd be wondering now who the new voters/ back scratchers will be ie trying to control MPs for their own means.
Report Spam   Logged

Stupid people are not an endangered species so why are we protecting them
R. S. OhAllmurain
nitpicker1
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2011, 02:04:31 pm »

Hone Harawira considers starting own party
updated 13:38
Published: 9:56AM Friday March 11, 2011
Source: ONE News

Around 50 supporters of Hone Harawira turned up to a meeting in Auckland today to discuss forming a new left wing, Maori focused party.

Independent MP Harawira is gauging whether there is support for him to form a new political party.

"At the moment I'm still just an independent MP for Tai Tokerau, it just seems anywhere I travel, anywhere in the country, there's intense interest in the possibility of a new party," Harawira told Radio New Zealand's Morning Report programme.
Harawira quit the Maori Party last month amid disciplinary action over a column he wrote for the Sunday Star Times, criticising the party's close relationship with National.

Harawira said that if he were to form the party it would be Maori rights orientated. Some of the people he has been speaking to include Willie Jackson, John Tamihere, Sandra Lee and Donna Hotere.

"If I'm going to involved it's probably going to have to be Maori-led, and Maori-focused. Not specifically on the foreshore and seabed, but certainly that has a lot of relevance to the situation that we find ourselves in at the moment," said Harawira.

The idea of the new party contradicts Harawira's current agreement with the Maori Party, but Harawira thinks he has already lost that battle.

"I only asked two small things in return - one, a decent office space and two, a decent seat in the house (and they've already reneged on both of them) and then thirdly, they've gone and started slagging me off about forgetting to vote...it just seems that any deal the Maori Party makes isn't the sort of deal that Maori people are going to feel is going to be honoured.

Harawira was referring to a vote on the foreshore bill. Maori Party co-leader Tariana Turia said he should be embarrassed about forgetting to vote after expressing strong opposition to the bill. Turia said Harawira's failure to vote puts into question his commitment.

- With Newstalk ZB

http://tvnz.co.nz/politics-news/hone-harawira-considers-starting-own-party-4057185

Report Spam   Logged

Magoo
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2011, 02:40:43 pm »

Hone Harawira considers starting own party
Oh !   Is it his birthday? Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: