Xtra News Community 2
March 29, 2024, 01:37:51 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

THE CATS

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: THE CATS  (Read 15719 times)
Magoo
« Reply #100 on: August 16, 2009, 06:33:54 am »

But a very special Tart.  Grin    #1's Burmese has had 10 teeth removed due to age but in other ways strong as an ox the vet says.   Now she gets pampered more than ever.  She isn't a Tart...more of a Prat really. Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #101 on: August 16, 2009, 10:08:56 am »

So we have a Tart a Prat .... and then there's my Yogi. He's a BRAT.
Report Spam   Logged
Magoo
« Reply #102 on: August 16, 2009, 11:56:48 am »

And my big ole tom cat who I cannot fill at the moment.   I think I am going to have to change his biscuits.    I have wormed him and nothing is helping.    He is a HUGE cat      and wanting food morning noon and night...which I give him.   
Report Spam   Logged
dragontamer
« Reply #103 on: August 17, 2009, 07:04:55 pm »

We all know that Mo is on his final legs. 

He very nearly didn't make it past 8am this morning.  The idiot pissed on the power board that runs the computer.

Melting plastic and sizzling piss are NOT a great way to start a morning.

How the hell he didn't get himself fried is beyond me.
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #104 on: August 17, 2009, 11:07:42 pm »

We all know that Mo is on his final legs. 

He very nearly didn't make it past 8am this morning.  The idiot pissed on the power board that runs the computer.

Melting plastic and sizzling piss are NOT a great way to start a morning.

How the hell he didn't get himself fried is beyond me.

It's a wonder he didn't get a huge electric shock up his pee hole <a href="http://plugin.smileycentral.com/http%253A%252F%252Fwww.smileycentral.com%252F%253Fpartner%253DZSzeb008%255FZNxpt485YYNZ%2526i%253D10%252F10%255F1%255F138%2526feat%253Dprof/page.html" target="_blank">SmileyCentral.com" border="0
Report Spam   Logged
dragontamer
« Reply #105 on: August 18, 2009, 08:29:11 am »

He belongs to my eldest daughter.  I suggested he could have saved me $60 vet fee instead of costing me $100 for a new power board.

She is very practised in the giving of filthy looks.
Report Spam   Logged
Magoo
« Reply #106 on: August 18, 2009, 02:07:32 pm »

eek DT.     Perhaps you could explain to Mo what a Davy Crockett hat is.   Grin  http://www.fessparker.com/html/general_store.html
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #107 on: September 04, 2009, 08:29:02 pm »

This is a 5 feline household at the moment.

Mum and Dad are staying for a few weeks and NATURALLY have brought their little Seal Burmese - Mitzi with them. Mitzi is my wee Bailey's half sister. The two of them are having a ball bouncing off the walls and playing hard out together - inside and outside. They are so funny in the evening. The closer we get to bed time, the more hyped up they get. It took 30 minutes to catch Mitzi the other night to shut her in Mum and Dad's bedroom with them for the night. The good thing about both wee girls is that they settle down and go to sleep as soon as the lights go out.

Holly and Zara are happy to cuddle up with Mitzi. Mitzi is an only child but comes for wee holidays at least three times a year. She adjusts fairly quickly to being one of a feline family while she's here.

Yogi doesn't like Mitzi cos she growled back the first time she saw him. Yogi has anger management issues! I have FELIWAY plugged in in the lounge and have a water squirter handy for any aggressive moments (he doesn't like being squirted). I keep RESCUE REMEDY handy as well to either squirt down his throat or rub on his temples.

Feeding time is a hoot. They all line up in a circle for their meals and have good 'table manners.'

Holly is 13, Zara is 11, Yogi is 7, Bailey is 15 months and Mitzi is 17 months old.
Report Spam   Logged
inky
Getting The Hang Of It

« Reply #108 on: September 04, 2009, 11:32:31 pm »

Our cat is near the end of her time. she is a loveing pet who will be sore to miss. when she was three
years, she was run over, the vet amputated her rear left leg, ever since then she has been known as
Tri-pod, I think one of my daughters thought that one up, the point is, ever since the last of our
children left home, my wife & I are treating our pet as one of our children, mad, maybe,   fact,definitly.
  If you are living on your own & lonely, get a pet - no matter how much of a prick you are - that pet will love you to peices, onely don"t hurt him.

Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #109 on: September 05, 2009, 11:16:12 am »

Tripod sounds a much loved member of your family - that is exactly how our pets should be considered - one of the family. Cherish the time you have with Tripod - lucky wee puss to have such a loving family.

The wonderful thing about our pets - the love they give us is unconditional
Report Spam   Logged
Kiwithrottlejockey
« Reply #110 on: September 05, 2009, 05:44:12 pm »

Harry the cat a Khandallah celebrity

By JIM CHIPP - The Wellingtonian | 5:00AM - Thursday, 03 September 2009

KHANDALLAH ROYALTY: Harry the cat pays daily visits to shops and businesses around Khandallah. — JIM CHIPP/The Wellingtonian.

KHANDALLAH ROYALTY: Harry the cat pays daily
visits to shops and businesses around Khandallah.
— JIM CHIPP/The Wellingtonian.

Harry the cat is a frequent visitor to many Khandallah businesses, but when he was banged up in the cattery, they came to him.

Harry goes walkabout in the north Wellington suburb on a daily basis when owner Dayle Wilton heads off to work.

In the early morning, the one-year-old Burmese turns up at the drycleaners to warm up on the press and get a drink of water. From there, he moves on to the PostShop to say hello to staff and customers, get another drink from his cup there and maybe have a nap on his rug there. He sometimes calls in on the hairdressers and he pokes his nose into the local cafes. On Sundays, he also likes to look in at the church.

When Ms Wilton went into hospital recently, Harry stayed with Iona Anderson at the Khandallah Vet Clinic boarding cattery and couldn't do his rounds. But it didn't matter; when word got around where he was, his friends visited him at the cattery.

"They've all been in to visit him and make sure we are taking good care of him," Ms Anderson said."He doesn't seem to have any fear at all. He has got all the positive attributes of a dog in lots of ways. He's got extremely healthy self-esteem."

Harry is very at home at the cattery because the clinic is one of his regular haunts anyway, she said.

Knowing Harry is a popular identity around the village, they put the word around that he was their guest for a time, Ms Anderson said. "He's okay, this is where he is, he's okay for visits. It's like royalty."

Post Shop owner Allen Boyle said Harry is popular with his clientele. "He comes up to the counter and sometimes pushes people away to get up onto the counter." Harry has shut down the computer system by walking across the keyboard, he said.

Post Shop worker have provided him with a water cup and a catnip-scented sheepskin rug to nap on. Hairdresser Julie Hutchinson said Harry calls in sometimes and the customers know him. "We have even got customers who have been sitting on the bench at the library and he climbed on their lap."

Ms Wilton was expecting to be back at home this week.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post/local/the-wellingtonian/2825850/Harry-the-cat-a-Khandallah-celebrity
Report Spam   Logged
dragontamer
« Reply #111 on: September 06, 2009, 05:25:47 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
ssweetpea
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #112 on: September 07, 2009, 03:54:07 pm »

Looks like I have the green light to get Sally a companion after our little holiday in October.

Report Spam   Logged

The way politicians run this country a small white cat should have no problem http://sally4mp.blogspot.com/
Alicat
« Reply #113 on: September 07, 2009, 05:17:08 pm »

Looks like I have the green light to get Sally a companion after our little holiday in October.

Anything particular in mind? Colour?
Report Spam   Logged
ssweetpea

« Reply #114 on: September 09, 2009, 11:48:51 am »

I am not is Sally's good books. I just snuck her up to the vets.

Meowmeowmeowmeowmeowmeowmeow all the thime from when I put her inthe carrier to when I stepped through the vets door then silence. She climbed off the table, up my shoulder, down into the corner of the room twice. Not a happy cat.

This is the same cat who last trip to the vet mooched up so much she was allowed to track down and eat the dog treats.

Anyway, she is on antibiotics this week and will have to have her teeth done next week. She has ointment for her eyes as a cancer preventative and a brand new tube of double strength filta-bac for her ears. We will have to keep and eye on those but cancer there is treatable. Her nose is completely clear of any sign of skincancer.

As for a companion, Mr sp just wants a blue cat. Beyond that he isn't that fussy although he isn't mad keen on a British Blue so it looks like either a Russian Blue or a Burmese at this stage.

I don't particularly want a long haired cat but we do like "people" cats.
Report Spam   Logged

The way politicians run this country a small white cat should have no problem http://sally4mp.blogspot.com/
Alicat
« Reply #115 on: September 09, 2009, 01:23:41 pm »

Looking forward to pics of a Blue Cat soon

Russian Blues and Burmese are lovely companions.
Report Spam   Logged
ssweetpea

« Reply #116 on: September 14, 2009, 03:26:50 pm »

I hope I don't have to put the eye drops in for very long.

It has become like the sun screen routine.

Sally will now only talk to me or sp1 from beyond arms reach if she things that there is a possiblity the eye drops are due. I haven't been mooched over for days.
Report Spam   Logged

ssweetpea

« Reply #117 on: September 17, 2009, 09:22:02 am »

Sally now has clean teeth and a clean bill of health.

Better still it was a heck of a lot cheaper than Smude's last dental, by several hundred dollars.
Report Spam   Logged

ssweetpea

« Reply #118 on: September 25, 2009, 10:26:18 pm »

That cat of mine is THICK. Serously Blond!

After doing it numerous times in the almost 10 years we have had her you would think that she would have learned not to get shut in the garage or basement wouldn't you.

No such luck.

And she has the nerve to come inside after being located and released and scream about the delay in getting dinner.

This is when her full dish is sitting on the kitchen floor and has been since 6pm.
Report Spam   Logged

Sir Blodsnogger
« Reply #119 on: September 26, 2009, 06:57:42 am »

The Cats are due to win the comp in Geelong next week end.
Go the Cats!
Report Spam   Logged
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #120 on: September 29, 2009, 12:32:57 pm »

Cat poaches eggs in time for breakfast

By KATHERINE NEWTON - The Dominion Post | 5:00AM - Tuesday, 29 September 2009

TRICKY TOM: Charlie the egg stealer with owner Cheryl Amor, who says: “The neighbour's got about five cats of his own so I'm sure he wouldn't hurt Charlie but I'm taking the eggs back.” — BRETT MEAD/Brett Mead Photography.

TRICKY TOM: Charlie the egg stealer with owner Cheryl Amor,
who says: “The neighbour's got about five cats of his own so
I'm sure he wouldn't hurt Charlie but I'm taking the eggs back.”
— BRETT MEAD/Brett Mead Photography.

Charlie the cat burglar used to be a killer, but poaching eggs is fast proving his favourite crime.

For close to a fortnight, Gisborne couple Frank and Cheryl Amor have woken up to find fresh chicken eggs on their back doorstep — carried there by their burmese cat.

The appearance of the eggs, laid by a neighbour's free-range hens, which Charlie ignored, was "a real mystery" for the first few days, Mrs Amor said. It was not until one night that she realised Charlie was the egg bearer.

"I was standing in the kitchen and I saw Charlie. He looked up at me, put his head down and this egg rolled out of his mouth."

Since then, they have been trying to catch him in the act, but he was "a secretive bugger", Mr Amor said.

The couple think he carries out his raids in the early morning, bringing back his haul just in time for breakfast. "We must be up to about a dozen now," Mrs Amor said.

Charlie's latest "gifts" were more appetising than the motley collection of dead rats and birds he usually brought home, but Mrs Amor was keen to curb the egg habit in case their neighbour took exception to his petty larceny.

"The neighbour's got about five cats of his own so I'm sure he wouldn't hurt Charlie — but I'm taking the eggs back."

Karori vet Glenn Armstrong said it was possible that a cat could carry an egg in its mouth: "On the pointy end, it could get its teeth around that."

Burmese cat breeder Adena Middleton agreed. "Burmese are really hard-case like that."

http://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post/national/2910821/Cat-poaches-eggs-in-time-for-breakfast
Report Spam   Logged

If you aren't living life on the edge, you're taking up too much space! 
Sir Blodsnogger
« Reply #121 on: September 29, 2009, 04:47:39 pm »

The Cats did win last weekend
Report Spam   Logged
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #122 on: October 01, 2009, 10:29:21 pm »

Missing: Harry the cat

By REBECCA THOMSON - The Wellingtonian | Thursday, 01 October 2009

MISSING: Harry the cat has disappeared from his Khandallah home. — JIM CHIPP/The Wellingtonian.

MISSING: Harry the cat has disappeared from his Khandallah home.
— JIM CHIPP/The Wellingtonian.

Khandallah's celebrity cat, Harry, has gone missing.

Harry, who featured on the front page of The Wellingtonian on September 03, was last seen outside Khandallah's Monteiths bar on September 12, the night of the All Black-Australia rugby test.

Owner Dayle Wilton has not seen Harry since.

"I did get a call saying he was outside the pub but was minus his collar, so he has no identification," Ms Wilton said.

Harry is well known in the north Wellington suburb, where he often visits local businesses when Ms Wilton is at work.

"Cats do tend to wander. He might have hopped into someone's car or something."

"Often he would follow people home from the pub and I would get a phone call the next morning from someone to say ‘I have Harry here’."

Ms Wilton said this was the first time Harry had gone missing.

Harry is part-Birman and has blue eyes. Ms Wilton would like to hear from anyone who has seen Harry.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post/local/the-wellingtonian/2916540/Missing-Harry-the-cat
Report Spam   Logged

Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #123 on: October 01, 2009, 10:36:01 pm »

Young judge's love for the purrrfect cat

By SARAH TAANE - The Wellingtonian | Thursday, 01 October 2009

MOGGIE'S BEST FRIEND: Samantha Pratt and Elmo. — ESTHER LAUAKI/The Wellingtonian.

MOGGIE'S BEST FRIEND: Samantha Pratt and Elmo.
— ESTHER LAUAKI/The Wellingtonian.

Samantha Pratt is the youngest qualified cat judge in the New Zealand Fancy organisation's history.

Only 19, Pratt has grown up around cats — her grandparents were involved with raising top felines for 60 years.

"I decided in 2007 that I definitely wanted to judge," said Ms Pratt.

"My nana has been a judge for 50 years and she was quite pleased that I was going into it."

As well as a number of practical and written assignments, Ms Pratt had to take on various roles at cat shows across the country.

"I took on other roles, such as show manager and show secretary, and it was challenging because I focused on two breeds and you have to learn a lot about other breeds as well," she said.

Ms Pratt has been breeding Persians and exotic cats since she was only six. They have won many cat show awards.

She has been a registered breeder with her mother since 1996, and has since taken over the breeding business.

"It is a requirement to be on a registered prefix before training," she said. "When training I did a lot of study on genetics and dealing with the public, because I'm like an ambassador for the organisation."

Since becoming qualified, Ms Pratt has had eight appointments to judge at cat shows.

"At the shows the cats are split into long-hair, short, and household," she said.

"I judge long hair, but some judges do more than one. You have to be invited to judge — it's very poor practice if you ask."

Her calendar is already filling up with judging appointments for next year.

She said it was important to develop a following in order to continue to be asked to judge.

"I've had very positive feedback and have passed everything so far," she said.

Breeding cats has been a side-project while she finishes her hospitality management degree at the Wellington Institute of Technology .

"I'm not really sure how I'm going to fit it in, because in two years I'm eligible to judge in Australia and internationally," she said.

"New Zealand judges very rarely go overseas because it's expensive, but you have to build up a profile to go overseas."

At the moment she has six cats under her care and wants to continue perfecting her breeding programme.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post/local/the-wellingtonian/2916580/Young-judges-love-for-the-purrrfect-cat
Report Spam   Logged

Alicat
« Reply #124 on: October 02, 2009, 08:31:51 am »

I hope Harry is found safe and well - his poor owner
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: