Xtra News Community 2
March 29, 2024, 11:51:45 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

THE CATS

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: THE CATS  (Read 15708 times)
dragontamer
« Reply #75 on: June 24, 2009, 10:47:26 pm »

I can just see Sally using the blonde bombshell charm to appease the fluffball next door.   Grin
Report Spam   Logged
donquixotenz
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

STILL TILTING

« Reply #76 on: June 25, 2009, 08:51:29 am »

A few thoughts on cat baths...by The Cat:

'But You Said You Loved Me!'

'You will pay, as God is my witness, you will pay.'

You call this water warm???'

'I don't think I like you anymore.'

'You Lied !!!!!!'

'E.T. Phone home......quick!'

'No, I'm not your Good Little Kitty anymore.'

'Traction....I'm losing Traction!'

'I want my Mommmmmmyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!'

'No, no, no, no.....NOOOO!!!!'

Even if you're not a 'cat person' these pictures are priceless!!

Report Spam   Logged

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body.

But rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming...

WOW, What a Ride!"

Please note: IMHO and e&oe apply to all my posts.
Alicat
« Reply #77 on: June 25, 2009, 11:29:00 am »

Silly nurse Ali.  Did she not get that she was dealing with an Alpha Female.  Stupid, power hungry bint.

I'm voting for Vicki to learn dental work.  The vet may have been nice, but his choice of Shitler for front line leaves a lot to be desired.

Bailey didn't give her cuddles did she

She better not have  Angry

I think she realises now she was dealing with an Alpha Female. The fact that she walked in on the other Nurse and me having a good old happy chat might have pushed a few buttons for her perhaps. Bailey didn't give her cuddles - she saved those for the others. Vicki is only doing part time hours, so doesn't usually do the surgery run. Holly is due for a dental soon - I'll go to Kelburn.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 02:47:19 pm by Alicat » Report Spam   Logged
ssweetpea
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #78 on: June 25, 2009, 02:11:15 pm »

Smudge used to take it rather well. It got to the point were it only took one of us to bathe her.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 10:19:37 pm by ssweetpea » Report Spam   Logged

The way politicians run this country a small white cat should have no problem http://sally4mp.blogspot.com/
Alicat
« Reply #79 on: June 25, 2009, 02:48:06 pm »

Sweetpea - that is amazing!
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #80 on: June 25, 2009, 02:51:41 pm »

Bailey - Part 2.

When I brought Bailey home last night she was wobbly on her feet and very tired. She spent some time on my knee before snuggling up with Zara and Holly in front of the heater. I had my nice hot bath (I was cold and tired) and got ready for bed. Yogi was already in bed when I went in and Holly and Zara followed me in.

Where was Bailey? Little tart came to with energy to burn. She hooned around the house pushing things off the bench and making a hell of a racket. After about an hour, she came to bed, ducked under the covers and snuggled up going to sleep almost instantly.

She's a ball of fire this morning - almost bouncing off the walls. I'm meant to be keeping her rested today.
Report Spam   Logged
ssweetpea

« Reply #81 on: June 29, 2009, 03:06:38 pm »

I don't know if Sally is slowing down (she is nearly 10) or just channeling Minnie.

I am having to type around her, she is in what used to be Minne's favourite spot - on my lap at the computer purring.
Report Spam   Logged

The way politicians run this country a small white cat should have no problem http://sally4mp.blogspot.com/
Alicat
« Reply #82 on: June 30, 2009, 11:33:29 pm »

I don't know if Sally is slowing down (she is nearly 10) or just channeling Minnie.

I am having to type around her, she is in what used to be Minne's favourite spot - on my lap at the computer purring.

Computer work can be a little challenge can't it
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #83 on: July 01, 2009, 12:59:55 pm »

Bailey Part 3.

Bailey went back for her check up this morning. The efficious Vet Nurse was out the back so I didn't have to deal with her  Grin

Bailey's mouth has healed really well, but there is a little pinkness that she has been given antibiotics for as a precaution. Tracey saw her this morning and kept referring to her as an angel. She was soooooo good and just sat there and co-operated. Before she went in, she had a good long cuddle with one of the Animates guys who is totally in love with Bailey. His face always lights up when he sees me just in case I am carrying a wee Chocolate Tart in my arms. I need to take Bailey back next Thursday just for a check up.

She has been on a lovely pain relief oral suspension called METACAM. It is squirted into the mouth via  syringe. WELL - not only is Bailey a Tart - she's a DRUGGIE. She LOVES the taste of Metacam and grabs the syringe off me to lick every last morsel left on it.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 01:36:13 pm by Alicat » Report Spam   Logged
dragontamer
« Reply #84 on: July 01, 2009, 04:37:13 pm »

She has been on a lovely pain relief oral suspension called METACAM. It is squirted into the mouth via  syringe. WELL - not only is Bailey a Tart - she's a DRUGGIE. She LOVES the taste of Metacam and grabs the syringe off me to lick every last morsel left on it.

ROFLMAO
Report Spam   Logged
donquixotenz
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

STILL TILTING

« Reply #85 on: July 05, 2009, 11:05:44 am »

Jonathon Seagull and the cat.

« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 11:13:28 am by donquixotenz » Report Spam   Logged

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body.

But rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming...

WOW, What a Ride!"

Please note: IMHO and e&oe apply to all my posts.
dragontamer
« Reply #86 on: July 14, 2009, 08:13:05 pm »

Garfield is a bigger tart than Bailey.

Mike (our next door neighbour) asked me where Garfield was this morning. 

He was in my bed with his head on the pillow and body under the blankets, and he hunkered down and scrunched up his eyes when the alarm went off.

"What time did he get there" Mike asked.

I didn't know, but according to Mike, at 2am Garfield was busting in through his bedroom window, where he climbed into bed with Mike and stayed for hours before making his way out the cat door.

Mike's issue is:  Why didn't Garfield come IN the cat door?

My issue is:  I hope to hell Mike wears pyjama's if I'm bed sharing a cat with him. 
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #87 on: July 15, 2009, 10:30:48 am »

Garfield is a bigger tart than Bailey.

Mike (our next door neighbour) asked me where Garfield was this morning. 

He was in my bed with his head on the pillow and body under the blankets, and he hunkered down and scrunched up his eyes when the alarm went off.

"What time did he get there" Mike asked.

I didn't know, but according to Mike, at 2am Garfield was busting in through his bedroom window, where he climbed into bed with Mike and stayed for hours before making his way out the cat door.

Mike's issue is:  Why didn't Garfield come IN the cat door?

My issue is:  I hope to hell Mike wears pyjama's if I'm bed sharing a cat with him. 

It's my turn to ROFLMAO

AND ... I hope IF Mike doesn't wear PJ's that Garfield doesn't suddenly decide to play with the dead bird
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #88 on: July 15, 2009, 10:36:28 am »

Bailey Part 4.

Bailey had her mouth checked again last Thursday. She gave loads of cuddles to the lovely Vet who saw her. She first met Liorah on a social visit when she was 16 weeks old so there was a BIG difference. Liorah is another fabulous Vet who looked after my lovely Sam when he was dying. She's a lovely and very special person. When she found out I had got Bailey - she was delighted.

Bailey's mouth is looking good, but is healing a little slower than hoped. It probably has something to do with Bailey chewing things like cardboard and the new computer speakers I have. Apaprently, chewing things like that are not good when you've had a large tooth out and have gum trying to heal over the cavity left behind!

Report Spam   Logged
dragontamer
« Reply #89 on: July 31, 2009, 09:59:37 pm »

I've figured out what Garfield does when I'm not home.

He watches F1 motor sport.

No ...... really.

I know this because he has a new noise.

If you hold him in a half nelson, and rub his belly he goes "rrrrrrRRRROWWWwwww".

We've done it heaps ..............he's good at it.

I'm thinking of changing his name to Ferrari!
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #90 on: August 03, 2009, 07:54:12 pm »

I've figured out what Garfield does when I'm not home.

He watches F1 motor sport.

No ...... really.

I know this because he has a new noise.

If you hold him in a half nelson, and rub his belly he goes "rrrrrrRRRROWWWwwww".

We've done it heaps ..............he's good at it.

I'm thinking of changing his name to Ferrari!

I hope you're not taking the piss out of my friend Garfield. You know cats never forget and they know all about retaliation, and Garfield IS a REDHEAD!
Report Spam   Logged
Shef
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #91 on: August 03, 2009, 08:46:08 pm »

I hope you're not taking the piss out of my friend Garfield. You know cats never forget and they know all about retaliation, and Garfield IS a REDHEAD

Hehehehe  could get interesting.

BTW - there is a new addition in the Shef household. I wasn't going to say anything last week, just in case her parents turned up, but I have a beautiful new furbaby. She turned up (or was dumped) at work last week. I ignored her until lunch-time in case she went home, but the pitiful meowing got to me, so I gave her a cuddle. From then on, every time I went out to the store-room or chiller she was at my heels. When I left work she followed me out to the car, so I went back in, got a box and brought her home. I put a notice in the cafe window, and have been checking pets on the net, but so far nada. So I think she may have adopted me. I think she's 4/5 months old, so it's off to the vet next week.
I named her Pipi (after the cafe) and she is so delightful. She gets on great with Rusty, tolerates Jed, but is terrified of Hank (I think - she did keep running under him tonight while she was playing). I'll get Emma to bring her camera out later this week and will hopefully be able to post a piccy.
Report Spam   Logged

Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get.
Alicat
« Reply #92 on: August 03, 2009, 09:46:21 pm »

Pipi sounds delightful. I hope no-one claims her. That'll teach Mr Shef for deserting you - leaving you soooooooo lonely.
Report Spam   Logged
ssweetpea

« Reply #93 on: August 03, 2009, 10:18:13 pm »

Sally is happy. We found some catnip toy mice for her to play with.

She likes them better than the long white cat toy.

When she bites them it doesn't hurt
Report Spam   Logged

Alicat
« Reply #94 on: August 03, 2009, 10:23:23 pm »

The toy mice are MUCH better than REAL ones. All of my lot go crazy over catnip. I have a few great toys for them with catnap - they go nuts.
Report Spam   Logged
ssweetpea

« Reply #95 on: August 03, 2009, 11:00:21 pm »

Sally quite likes that long white cat toy she has had since birth.

At nearly 10 years old she still goes nuts over her own tail daily. Something to do with the way it curves over her back and knocks her on the shoulders constantly I suspect.

Typical Blond.
Report Spam   Logged

dragontamer
« Reply #96 on: August 04, 2009, 04:36:06 pm »

lol shef - weren't you struggling with a debate whether to get a new furbaby or not?  Isn't it funny how these things sort themselves out?

And Ali - I'm not dumb enough to cause retaliation........ I let the others annoy the crap out of Garfield lol - he still luffs me - mainly because he can't read
Report Spam   Logged
Shef
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #97 on: August 04, 2009, 08:38:02 pm »

lol shef - weren't you struggling with a debate whether to get a new furbaby or not?  Isn't it funny how these things sort themselves out?

He was the one that told the JWs he was looking at buddhism. If he says anything I'll tell him it was Karma Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get.
Alicat
« Reply #98 on: August 05, 2009, 10:02:26 am »

And Ali - I'm not dumb enough to cause retaliation........ I let the others annoy the crap out of Garfield lol - he still luffs me - mainly because he can't read

I STILL don't know what I did to make Sam empty his bladder in my lap while I was driving along the Takapau Plains all those years ago. I was usually very careful not to piss him off (pardon the pun). Sam had a very long memory.
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #99 on: August 15, 2009, 07:09:22 pm »

Bailey had her final dental check up a few days ago and her mouth is looknig great. All healed!

Mental note - never turn your back on Bailey. The Vet said she wanted to kidnap Bailey for herself! Bailey gave her lots of cuddles and kisses.

Did I mention Bailey is a Tart?
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: