Xtra News Community 2
March 28, 2024, 10:15:24 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

THE CATS

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: THE CATS  (Read 15624 times)
Alicat
« Reply #50 on: June 09, 2009, 11:36:31 pm »

There is definitely a pecking order here.

Holly gets first fuss made of her followed by Zara then Yogi then Bailey ... then Holly again because she's 'special' (meaning she is the green-eyed one about the place!)

Holly practises her 'poor me' look on Dad when he's here. He always gives her the most attention first (so as not to hurt her feelings) then does the rounds with the other three - then - back to Holly. She's such a precious wee soul.
Report Spam   Logged
Shef
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #51 on: June 10, 2009, 01:42:37 am »

Holly practises her 'poor me' look on Dad when he's here. He always gives her the most attention first (so as not to hurt her feelings) then does the rounds with the other three - then - back to Holly.

Grin Bet in2fx was the same.
Report Spam   Logged

Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get.
Alicat
« Reply #52 on: June 10, 2009, 09:30:56 am »

Grin Bet in2fx was the same.

Holly loves him - he's 'allowed' to touch her. She's very particular! It was Yogi who monopolised In2fx. He spent a lot of time with him and also slept with him. Yogi thinks there are way too many females here so enjoyed his male bonding.
Report Spam   Logged
dragontamer
« Reply #53 on: June 14, 2009, 08:02:03 pm »

We apparently have an extra cat.

This one doesn't eat anything, nor try and trip you up while you try and negotiate the house in the dark.

Middle child (she of sanity and reason) decided to sleep in my bed last night.  She had been in there for some time when she come flying out and slammed down in the seat next to me at the computer.  She said that one of the cats kept walking over her, kneading her and generally being a pest, so she turned on the lamp to see which one it was and there wasn't anything there.  She could feel it sitting on her legs, but couldn't see it. 

She got the shivers so shot down under the blankets and tried to ignore it.  It walked up to the pillow and started kneading that right beside her face.  She could hear it purring, feel the pillow shifting but again couldn't see it.

The funny thing was, she wasn't willing to sleep in her bed at all then.  Insisted on sleeping with me.  I don't know what she's going to do when Mr DT gets back.  He won't share space lol.
Report Spam   Logged
Shef
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #54 on: June 15, 2009, 09:54:46 pm »

The only advice I casn come up with after reading your post twice - either explain to her that it was purring, happy to be there and obviously liked her, or buy a MUCH bigger bed.
Report Spam   Logged

Alicat
« Reply #55 on: June 16, 2009, 12:24:25 pm »

We apparently have an extra cat.

This one doesn't eat anything, nor try and trip you up while you try and negotiate the house in the dark.

Middle child (she of sanity and reason) decided to sleep in my bed last night.  She had been in there for some time when she come flying out and slammed down in the seat next to me at the computer.  She said that one of the cats kept walking over her, kneading her and generally being a pest, so she turned on the lamp to see which one it was and there wasn't anything there.  She could feel it sitting on her legs, but couldn't see it. 

She got the shivers so shot down under the blankets and tried to ignore it.  It walked up to the pillow and started kneading that right beside her face.  She could hear it purring, feel the pillow shifting but again couldn't see it.

The funny thing was, she wasn't willing to sleep in her bed at all then.  Insisted on sleeping with me.  I don't know what she's going to do when Mr DT gets back.  He won't share space lol.

The fact that the cat is purring means he/she is a happy wee cat. Have you had a cat of yours die in that house? Could this be her guardian angel?
Report Spam   Logged
DazzaMc
Don't give me Karma!
Admin Staff
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #56 on: June 16, 2009, 12:29:33 pm »

Or could it be a ghost cat?

...mmmm....
Report Spam   Logged

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #57 on: June 16, 2009, 01:10:13 pm »

I consider this animal cruelty.  Its an NZ cat from Stuffs coverage on cats.
Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.
Shef
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #58 on: June 16, 2009, 01:32:46 pm »

Holy shit!!!

The owner should be shot. I can't see how it could even walk. Or clean itself properly. Poor creature.
Report Spam   Logged

Alicat
« Reply #59 on: June 16, 2009, 01:46:23 pm »

Or could it be a ghost cat?

...mmmm....

Yep - that's what I'm suggesting.
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #60 on: June 16, 2009, 01:48:23 pm »

Holy shit!!!

The owner should be shot. I can't see how it could even walk. Or clean itself properly. Poor creature.

That's dreadful - tha poor cat is a walking heart attack or Diabetes in the waiting. That's absolute cruelty.
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #61 on: June 16, 2009, 01:50:29 pm »

Baliey had her sutures removed this morning. The wound had healed beautifully. She just lay on her back and let Fiona remove them. Bailey then gave everyone nice cuddles.

She's a wee tart
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #62 on: June 18, 2009, 06:59:01 pm »

Bailey has been in the wars - not recently apparently - but she has to have one of her front teeth removed. She has banged her mouth at some stage and broken off the tooth. What is left of it is fractured, so the wee tart is having the rest of it removed next Wednesday. Poor wee darling
Report Spam   Logged
Shef
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #63 on: June 18, 2009, 08:52:56 pm »

Oowww. Poor wee Bailey - it won't affect how and what she can eat will it?
Will it be done under a general? Interesting to see if Vicki gets cuddles after Bailey wakes up LOL.
Report Spam   Logged

Alicat
« Reply #64 on: June 18, 2009, 09:10:27 pm »

Oowww. Poor wee Bailey - it won't affect how and what she can eat will it?
Will it be done under a general? Interesting to see if Vicki gets cuddles after Bailey wakes up LOL.

Sadly, it's not Vicki doing the surgery. It is someone I have never met before - I have seen him but that is it. Bailey will be having a general anaesthetic. She's the kind of tart who will snuggle the Vets and Nurses regardless. She will be able to eat just fine afterwards.
Report Spam   Logged
Shef
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #65 on: June 18, 2009, 10:08:25 pm »

She's the kind of tart who will snuggle the Vets and Nurses regardless

So they MAY let her come home Cheesy   What a tart Grin
Report Spam   Logged

dragontamer
« Reply #66 on: June 18, 2009, 10:24:34 pm »

She's not deliberately doing this stuff just to snog Vicki is she?

THE TART!
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #67 on: June 19, 2009, 12:32:27 pm »

Who knows - she's Burmese!

Bailey is never short on cuddles as she has heaps of 'friends' who pop in to see her. Her social life is more active than mine.
Report Spam   Logged
ssweetpea

« Reply #68 on: June 19, 2009, 01:03:53 pm »

Sally has been in the wars as well.
She got beaten up a couple of nights ago by cat unknown, no bad wounds but a couple I am keeping an eye on.
A very subdued kitty last night. She even hopped on my lap, lay length ways and went to sleep.

A bruised ego I think.

Back to her usual self this morning.
Report Spam   Logged

The way politicians run this country a small white cat should have no problem http://sally4mp.blogspot.com/
Alicat
« Reply #69 on: June 19, 2009, 02:05:36 pm »

Sally has been in the wars as well.
She got beaten up a couple of nights ago by cat unknown, no bad wounds but a couple I am keeping an eye on.
A very subdued kitty last night. She even hopped on my lap, lay length ways and went to sleep.

A bruised ego I think.

Back to her usual self this morning.

Poor Sally. That's not nice at all.
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #70 on: June 24, 2009, 06:23:38 pm »

Bailey and I had an interesting day today. I had her in at the Clinic by 7.30am. The Vet Nurse informed me that I could make an appointment to collect Bailey AFTER 5.30pm! I was not impressed as I had said when I booked the surgery that I wanted her done and dusted so that I could pick her up as soon as possible after 3.00pm. The Nurse and I had a bit of an eye ball confrontation before she reluctantly agreed that I could pick Bailey up at 4.40pm, but that was a 'special' arrangement. I might add that this Nurse had already told me off last week when Bailey had her stitches out because I had the nerve to carry Bailey in there without a cage (a criminal offence in her opinion). Now Bailey has been carried into shops and Vet Clinics since I've had her and been happily passed around the staff. All of the other Vet Nurses and Vets have happily grabbed her for cuddles without any concern.

I rang just after 3.00pm to see how Bailey was doing (I'd been busting to ring way before that but tried to be restrained about it). Bailey was just waking up then.

I was already on my way in to collect her when the Nurse rang to say that Bailey was too sleepy for me to uplift her and to wait another hour or more. I told them it was too late - that I was already stuck in peak hour traffic. I said I would be coming in anyway and would sit and wait if I had to. That's when I found out that Bailey was LAST on the theatre list. I think that Nurse had something to do with that!

When I arrived, it was another Nurse and she is lovely. She told me that Bailey was still really drowsy. We had a wee chat and she KNEW that I would look after Bailey and could be trusted to look after my own baby. The Vet was eavesdropping while the Nurse and I chatted. I had never met him before, but after a few minutes he came out and asked me if I wanted to take her home.

I said, "I do thanks - if that's okay with you. I am a very very experienced Burmese Mum and have nursed furbabies for the past 30 years through cancer, dentals, kidney failure, diabetes and the like. I think Bailey is much better off being taken home and looked after by me and popped in front of a heater and given loads of cuddles."

He agreed!

Bailey is home in front of the heater although she snuggled up on my knee for about half an hour after I got her home.

That Vet Nurse was efficious. She and I will no doubt have future clashes. I'm a bloody sight older than her and more experienced (in my not so humble opinion) in caring for MY furbabies.

VENT OVER. As you were.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 06:32:23 pm by Alicat » Report Spam   Logged
ssweetpea

« Reply #71 on: June 24, 2009, 06:55:08 pm »

Sally seems to have come to some arrangement with the fluff monster from nextdoor.

On the weekend they both got locked in the Basement. A regular occurance for Sally, who likes to fall asleep while I sew on the camping gear but a first for the spooked neighbour.

This morning the fluff was on the corner fence post. Sally took nearly five minute to creep closer and closer along the top of the fence before coming to a stop on the next post along. After 15 minutes she came back inside without a growl or howl being exchanged.
Report Spam   Logged

The way politicians run this country a small white cat should have no problem http://sally4mp.blogspot.com/
Shef
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #72 on: June 24, 2009, 09:22:42 pm »

Awww cuddles for Bailey.
Next time you come up against that whippersnapper nurse, do the oldie thing (not that I'm calling you old   Cheesy) and keep calling her 'little missy' or 'girlie'. Make sure you point out you've raised furbabies since before she was a twinkle in her daddy's eye Grin

Bailey didn't give her cuddles did she
Report Spam   Logged

Shef
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #73 on: June 24, 2009, 09:25:33 pm »

Poor wee Sally. Maybe she'll work out that if she wants 'kitty company' she might have to be nice to the fluff monster.
Should work out okay - just as long as fluff monster realises that Sally is a fine, upstanding future MP Grin
Report Spam   Logged

dragontamer
« Reply #74 on: June 24, 2009, 10:43:58 pm »

Silly nurse Ali.  Did she not get that she was dealing with an Alpha Female.  Stupid, power hungry bint.

I'm voting for Vicki to learn dental work.  The vet may have been nice, but his choice of Shitler for front line leaves a lot to be desired.

Bailey didn't give her cuddles did she

She better not have  Angry
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: