Xtra News Community 2
March 29, 2024, 12:19:47 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

THE CATS

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: THE CATS  (Read 15632 times)
ssweetpea
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2009, 10:42:58 am »

I think that cat of mine is lonely.

Ever since Minnie passed away Sally has been much more vocal.

The only trouble is that she was far from quiet to start with.

You aught to here her when the kids come home from school one at a time and when Mr sp gets in at night. Often she doesn't finish one lot of haranguing before starting the next lot.

In the case of the kids arriving that means she can be yelling every few seconds from 3:20pm until well after 4pm only to restart around 5:30pm.

She even mewed, brrrmmmp, peeped, maaaahed, and yowled herself horse yesterday.
Report Spam   Logged

The way politicians run this country a small white cat should have no problem http://sally4mp.blogspot.com/
Alicat
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2009, 01:16:50 pm »

I think that cat of mine is lonely.

Ever since Minnie passed away Sally has been much more vocal.

The only trouble is that she was far from quiet to start with.

You aught to here her when the kids come home from school one at a time and when Mr sp gets in at night. Often she doesn't finish one lot of haranguing before starting the next lot.

In the case of the kids arriving that means she can be yelling every few seconds from 3:20pm until well after 4pm only to restart around 5:30pm.

She even mewed, brrrmmmp, peeped, maaaahed, and yowled herself horse yesterday.

This might sound really silly, but has your Vet ever checked Sally's blood pressure? My parents Tonkinese became luder and louder. Turns out it was high blood pressure. The high BP caused a haemorrhage behind her eyes and she was at great risk of having a stroke. I get a bit funny now when I hear about cats who become more vocal especially when they are getting older.
Report Spam   Logged
donquixotenz
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

STILL TILTING

« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2009, 07:50:06 pm »

http://7yhwpw.bay.livefilestore.com/y1p7y1WvFMssAjkTcrg0hc0-59WDMcv87GKXCNKquE01WIx0TqtUmYUFhy63Dr5Tpb4mSMJSeS444TBZBR3lPVjwYbv9qh5uZ3U/New%20town%20oddessy640x480.wmv?download

newt should like this one the music is by the newtown cats 

« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 08:00:17 pm by donquixotenz » Report Spam   Logged

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body.

But rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming...

WOW, What a Ride!"

Please note: IMHO and e&oe apply to all my posts.
ssweetpea

« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2009, 10:18:34 pm »

I doubt if Sally has a blood pressure problem, the chatting isn't any louder than normal much of the time and her cries are the same as they always have been but she will be going to the vet in the next month or so.

The tips of her ears have suffered some damage this summer and the fur isn't growing back so she needs to be checked for skin cancer.

One of the problems with being white.
Report Spam   Logged

The way politicians run this country a small white cat should have no problem http://sally4mp.blogspot.com/
dragontamer
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2009, 10:44:45 pm »

Is she deaf sweet?  I know my old cat got way more vocal as she went deaf.  And Mo is going the same way, though his is still at the selective stage.  He won't hear you growling him, but he will hear the fridge open at 50 metres. Angry
Report Spam   Logged
ssweetpea

« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2009, 09:04:47 am »

No, Sally definately isn't deaf. She can hear quite well. She is slow to respond when called but she does respond, she just never does so in a hurry. Mind you I have no idea how far she comes most of the time from either. Sometimes it is the neighbours lounge but often it is at least 2 sections away.

It is blue eyed white cats that are often deaf, my in-laws had one, another absolute fruit loop by the way.

Sally already had her amber eyes when we got her. Since she came from the local vet I wondered at the time if the vet had kept the kittens until their eyes had turned in order to check for that, Sally was 10 weeks old when we got her.

I know what you mean by increase meowing. Smudge's meow changed quite markedly in her last year or so of life. It went from being this very pretty mmmrrrrrow to like loud howl we normally only heard on a trip in the car.
Report Spam   Logged

dragontamer
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2009, 09:35:45 pm »

I want to report animal abuse!

Mo punched me!  Just 'cos his bowl was empty.  I only sat down for a second when I got home from work.  I didn't 'ignore' him or his food, but he wasn't going to keel over in the time I was planning to have 5 minutes to myself.

He punched me!  I didn't even think cats could punch.

Report Spam   Logged
Shef
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2009, 09:34:54 am »

I want to report animal abuse!

Mo punched me!  Just 'cos his bowl was empty.  I only sat down for a second when I got home from work.  I didn't 'ignore' him or his food, but he wasn't going to keel over in the time I was planning to have 5 minutes to myself.

He punched me!  I didn't even think cats could punch.

So did you feed him or make him wait.

(Shef bets she fed him straight away)
Report Spam   Logged

Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get.
dragontamer
« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2009, 04:28:48 pm »

ummmm yeah I fed him.  Cowardly mum I am.
Report Spam   Logged
Shef
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2009, 05:03:42 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

ssweetpea

« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2009, 01:11:04 pm »

It was fine enough for me to do a little gardening this morning.

I had to stop after a little while.

I was being dive bombed....

...by a low flying white cat.

She has been channeling Minnie with a dash of Smudge for so many weeks I guess the bombshell factor had to break through sometime.
Report Spam   Logged

ssweetpea

« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2009, 10:41:46 pm »

Sally has solved the age old dilema of which full laundry basket of clean clothing to occupy.

They were sitting side by side so Sally just spread herself across both.

Now to defur a navy blue uniform skirt and dark green towel Undecided
Report Spam   Logged

Alicat
« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2009, 11:17:03 pm »

Sally has solved the age old dilema of which full laundry basket of clean clothing to occupy.

They were sitting side by side so Sally just spread herself across both.

Now to defur a navy blue uniform skirt and dark green towel Undecided

Go Sally
Report Spam   Logged
dragontamer
« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2009, 07:43:47 pm »

Jaz and Garfield managed to sleep next to each other on the top of the sofa.  It was lufferly, until Garfield flicked his ear once too often and Jaz belted him across the mush. 

He looked sooooo sad. 
Report Spam   Logged
ssweetpea

« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2009, 11:52:18 am »

I think Sally is over her grief. The bombshell factor has returned.
Report Spam   Logged

Alicat
« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2009, 09:50:45 pm »

Jaz and Garfield managed to sleep next to each other on the top of the sofa.  It was lufferly, until Garfield flicked his ear once too often and Jaz belted him across the mush. 

He looked sooooo sad. 

How's my wee friend Garfield? Is he over his trauma?
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2009, 09:52:35 pm »

I think Sally is over her grief. The bombshell factor has returned.

I think Sally has been stringing you along. There's an art to being blonde you know
Report Spam   Logged
Shef
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #42 on: June 04, 2009, 09:54:07 pm »

OMG  I can't believe what I did this morning (in fact if I hadn't seen it I wouldn't believe )

I shut Rusty between the back door and the screen door. I've got Tim's dogs here while he's on sick leave, his bitch (Ash) has become an expert in jumping off the (gated) verandah, so she's spent a couple of nights inside. (Because after she's jumped off the verandah, she jumps the front gate and likes to play on the road!)

I was bursting for a pee, so ran out to the loo, and when I came in, shut the door behind me and then shut the screen door - to make doubly sure she couldn't get to the road. I rushed over to open the verandah door for the dogs, my two flew out (as they always do) but Ash was sitting by the back door looking bemused. Then I heard the hissing - and saw poor Rusty! I kicked her out, then rescued him, heaps of cuddles and some finely shredded pieces of chicken breast, but I don't think he's forgiven me.

I've made Ash a bed in the bathroom with a sleeping bag and couple of old blankets, she's not too happy either
Report Spam   Logged

Alicat
« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2009, 08:33:39 pm »

Poor Bailey has not had a very good day.

While playing outside this morning, she injured herself on some barbed wire or something similar. Bailey came back inside with a flesh wound that was oozing - more serous fluid that blood. I took her to the Vet and the poor wee tart needed sutures. She was seen by Vicki (the most popular Vet to Burmese Cats EVER - the adore her!). Luckily, Vicki had a double appointment cancelled just as I arrived so she said she could debride and suture Baileys wound straight away. I left Bailey there for 3 hours so she could sleep off the sedation. She gets the sutures out in 10 days time.

Did I ever mention Bailey was a tart?

She kissed and cuddled Vicki and was a model patient. Bailey was pleased to see me when I collected her and has been shadowing me ever since. She's asleep at the moment - in the cage, where she put herself to bed. As soon as I go to bed, she'll be under the duvet quick smart.
Report Spam   Logged
dragontamer
« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2009, 11:24:21 pm »

Shocked  Poor Bailey.

Oh my poor baby!  Barb wire search and destroy immediately!  Well, OK - it can wait till daylight.  I think you should get your brother to crawl around the section at cat level to find all the sharpies.

Can you take photo's of that please............ I have a mental image, but photo's would be so much more amusing. Grin
Report Spam   Logged
donquixotenz
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

STILL TILTING

« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2009, 08:22:55 am »

The Story of Adam & Eve's Pets

Adam and Eve said, 'Lord, when we were  in the garden, you walked with us every day. Now we do not see  you any more. We are lonesome here, and it is difficult for us  to remember how much you love us.'

And God said, I  will create a companion for you that will be with you and who  will be a reflection of my love for you, so that you will love me even when you cannot see me. Regardless of how selfish or  childish or unlovable you may be, this new companion will  accept you as you are and will love you as I do, in spite of  yourselves.'

And God created a new animal to be a  companion for Adam and Eve.

And it was a good animal

And  God was pleased..

And the new animal was pleased to be  with Adam and Eve and he wagged his tail

And  Adam said, 'Lord, I have already named all the animals in the Kingdom and I cannot think of a name for this new  animal.'

And God said, 'I have created this new animal  to be a reflection of my love for you, his name will be a  reflection of my own name, and you will call him  DOG.'

And Dog lived with Adam and Eve  and was a companion to them and loved them.

And they  were comforted

And God was pleased.

And Dog was  content and wagged his tail.

After a while, it came to pass  that an angel came to the Lord and said, 'Lord, Adam and Eve  have become filled with pride. They strut and preen like  peacocks and they believe they are worthy of adoration. Dog  has indeed taught them that they are loved, but perhaps too  well.'

And God said, I will create for them a  companion who will be with them and who will see them as they  are. The companion will remind them of their limitations, so  they will know that they are not always worthy of adoration.'

And God created CAT to be a companion to Adam and  Eve.

And Cat would not obey them. And  when Adam and Eve gazed into Cat's eyes, they were reminded  that they were not the supreme beings.

And Adam and Eve learned  humility.

And they were greatly improved..

And God was pleased . . . . . .

And Dog was happy. . . . .

And Cat didn't give a **** one way  or the other.....
Report Spam   Logged

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body.

But rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming...

WOW, What a Ride!"

Please note: IMHO and e&oe apply to all my posts.
Alicat
« Reply #46 on: June 08, 2009, 08:39:11 pm »

Bailey Update ....

Most cats when sedated have a drowsy few hours afterwards and sleep for most of that night. Vicki (Vet) told me occasionally some cats will have the opposite reaction.

Guess what ... Bailey is one of the 'occasionals.' She was very clingy to me when I got her home from the Vet Saturday afternoon. That's not unusual cos Bailey is a 'Mummy's girl.' By 7.30pm, she was looking drowsy - her eyes were getting droopy. All of a sudden PING, her eyes opened wide and she was off. She was almost bouncing off the walls playing hard out with all of the many toys they have. I went to bed thinking Bailey would join me. In this house, lights off means - bed time, go to sleep. She's very good a night time - except for Saturday night. The little tart was bouncing off the walls until 3.00am when she FINALLY came to bed. I had to get up at 4.50am to get ready for early shift.

Bailey - did I tell you she's a tart - was sound asleep when I left for work at 5.30am.

I spoke to Vicki yesterday and she said that Bailey had obviously landed on something. The wound was deeper than she had first thought. She said Bailey was an angel and very co-operative. I think there were smooches shared. (That won't come as any surprise to Dragontamer and the 3 Junior DT's).

Bailey gets her stitches out next Tuesday.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 08:58:17 pm by Alicat » Report Spam   Logged
dragontamer
« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2009, 08:12:45 am »

YeGods.  Next time I'd be leaving her with Vicki till the effects wear off.

As for Daisy.  She might be half burmese, but the other half is stupid.

She tried to steal my pillow last night.  That's my pillow that I already have to fight Mr DT for.  She managed to maintain a stronghold in the upper corner and I was willing to concede the upper corner, but when I rolled over the little troll growled.   Ohhhhhh no.  Nah.  No way.  She found out I can snarl too.   Angry
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #48 on: June 09, 2009, 10:24:46 am »

You get a WHOLE pillow usually? You don't have to usually SHARE your pillow?

Years ago when Sam had the tip of his toe amputated, he was a 'challenge' and at the time I told Vicki's husband that if there was a NEXT time with Sam, then I was leaving him in his care until he was back to normal (well normal as Sam could be). He said, "If you leave him with me you won't get him back." He loved Sam of course as did Vicki. Soooooooooooo - if I'd left Bailey with Vicki, she might have been kitty-napped.

Bailey starts to wash the wound site ever now and then and I say to her, "No Bailey, remember what Vicki said about washing that?" Believe it or not, Bailey stops washing that spot.
Report Spam   Logged
Shef
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #49 on: June 09, 2009, 09:31:33 pm »

I was willing to concede the upper corner, but when I rolled over the little troll growled.   Ohhhhhh no.  Nah.  No way.  She found out I can snarl too.   

PMPL  I have visions of DT baring her teeth at a wee puddy trying to get comfy Cheesy

Ali - give Bailey a wee cuddle, but give all the other cats a big one. I'm sure they're all feeling left out and jealous. I'm finding that animals are JUST like children (I've had Tim's dogs here, but I've also had 3 of the 5 children here as well )

In fact - I might keep the dogs and tell the kids to come back later Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: