Xtra News Community 2
March 29, 2024, 04:59:23 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

THE CATS

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: THE CATS  (Read 15659 times)
wgtngirl
« on: February 25, 2009, 12:42:52 pm »

All of our cats have settled nicely into our new home.  Only needed to keep them inside with litter trays for 3 days, let them out and they don't wander off the property.  They have been so funny over the last few months.  Things they have managed to do:

Hopped in and out and in and out and in and out of boxes while I was packing.

Discovered that the new pantry is a great place to sit in.

Discovered that sitting on the breakfast is a great place to watch me cook and prepare food.

One black cat found out that triple choc chip muffins are quite yummy

One older tabby has quickly discovered a new supply of lizards to bring Mum.

A bigger house and bigger deck gives cats more space to race and wrestle each other.

Net curtains are an intriguing invention.

One fluffy cat thinks that by bringing in pieces of bark from the garden will lead to a came of fetch (that cat should've been a dog)

Curling up in the new frypan in the pantry is a nice place to sleep.

And during xmas climbing the xmas tree, batting the decorations and chasing each other up the xmas tree was a fantastic game.

I wonder what more mischief they will get up to next.  Just wait until we get the logfire going in winter.

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Alicat
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009, 05:28:04 pm »

Glad to hear the felines have settled in well - that's one of the biggest worries about moving house.
Report Spam   Logged
dragontamer
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2009, 05:18:42 pm »

Grin  All my cats were right where they should have been when we got back from Wellington.

Unlike the last trip away. 

Husband was so scared of getting it wrong again he didn't go anywhere the whole time - made everyone come to him.
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2009, 06:22:00 pm »

Grin  All my cats were right where they should have been when we got back from Wellington.

Unlike the last trip away. 

Husband was so scared of getting it wrong again he didn't go anywhere the whole time - made everyone come to him.

Just as well Mr D/T knows his place. You have trained him well.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 09:44:17 am by Alicat » Report Spam   Logged
dragontamer
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2009, 07:02:25 am »

It's to dog he upset.  Mr DT decided it was good form to let him sleep inside.  He's never slept inside.  He loves his kennel and gets really upset if you don't shut the gate at the end of the day so he is safe.  Anyway, his dog alarm was all screwy, barking at shadows and just generally being annoying.  It's taken him a week to settle back into a routine.

As for the cats, last night there was a huge catawaul out in the driveway.  I went out and sure enough there was the big white and black trouble maker who is upsetting most of my neighbours.  I chased him away, but the diabolical sound continued under the truck.  Thinking that the other white and black pest must be under there I dived in ready to scare the bejebbers out of him and it was.............................................................

Garfield - the tiniest one. Shocked

I didn't think he had that much noise in him.

Report Spam   Logged
ssweetpea
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2009, 05:26:16 am »

The Smudge lives for another day. She has gone down hill over the last 2 or 3 weeks but she has had another steriod injection and is on anti-biotics again so she may bounce back, yet again.

Sally surprisingly has been very moochy in the last couple of days. I don't know if it is because her favourite neighbours are away or because of Minnie's death.

The two of them didn't get along.
Report Spam   Logged

The way politicians run this country a small white cat should have no problem http://sally4mp.blogspot.com/
Alicat
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2009, 04:56:15 pm »

Garfield - the tiniest one. Shocked
I didn't think he had that much noise in him.

Garfield is a Lion trapped in a Cats body
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2009, 04:58:21 pm »

The Smudge lives for another day. She has gone down hill over the last 2 or 3 weeks but she has had another steriod injection and is on anti-biotics again so she may bounce back, yet again.

Sally surprisingly has been very moochy in the last couple of days. I don't know if it is because her favourite neighbours are away or because of Minnie's death.

The two of them didn't get along.

Smudge will let you know when the time has come. I hope the steroids and A/B's healp.

As for Sally - it's extraordinary the dynamics of a feline household. She's probably grieving in her own way. They were family after all
Report Spam   Logged
ssweetpea

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2009, 06:08:10 pm »

Initially Smudge perked up after her visit to the vet but she hasn't eaten more than a couple of mouthfuls in the last 2 days. This is inspite me buying chicken mince for her in an attempt to tempt her.

We have just managed to get so tuna in spring water into her but....the end may be very nigh.
Report Spam   Logged

The way politicians run this country a small white cat should have no problem http://sally4mp.blogspot.com/
Alicat
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2009, 10:34:13 pm »

Sweetpea - this is a really tough time for you and your family. Smudge will let you know when the time has come. She knows how much she is loved and YOU KNOW that no-one else could have lover and looked after her better.  :hugs2
Report Spam   Logged
dragontamer
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2009, 07:20:19 pm »

:larf
Mr DT just went into melt down because I said I'd been playing peekaboo with a Maine Coon.

Poor fella reckons thats a stoopid name for a cat.
Report Spam   Logged
Magoo
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2009, 06:51:00 am »

Some men have no sense of humour. :mc
Report Spam   Logged
Nitpicker1
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2009, 07:34:40 am »

sorry 'bout this, but I couldn't resist

Re: Nitz giggles
« Reply #27 on: Today at 07:25:23 » Quote Modify Remove 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nitz giggles@

I have been told my cat looks as if she is Maine Coon, so did research on them and went looking at cat shows. She has all the attributes and Maine Shag really is another name for them    :vcl
Report Spam   Logged
dragontamer
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2009, 09:30:11 am »

lol nitz.  That would have just confounded him.  The word that set him off was Coon.  Being as we were just watching a movie that involved some Hillbilly type people his mind was in the gutter and he was totally shocked that I would use such a racist term.
Report Spam   Logged
Nitpicker1
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2009, 10:11:59 am »

shows how my mind works: I missed the racial connotation -  my mental image of a coon is a cute furry animal, that the Maine Coon is named after, whereas my image of  "shag"  is good oldfashioned rooting (and not rooting in the horticultural sense)  But then my mind is deeper in the gutter than his.

:cf

Report Spam   Logged
dragontamer
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2009, 10:19:04 am »

It does indeed.  I'm sitting here PMSL because until I said Maine Shag out loud, I didn't get it either. 

He, on the other hand, is just glaring at me for finding this stuff funny.  :larf
Report Spam   Logged
ssweetpea

« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2009, 11:16:10 am »

Lord I must be of clean mind.  :whme When you said Maine Shag I thought of American Carpet! :as
Report Spam   Logged

Alicat
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2009, 06:21:22 pm »

Lord I must be of clean mind.  :whme When you said Maine Shag I thought of American Carpet! :as

That's okay Sweetpea ... it's SUNDAY and you're being pure of mind. TOMORROW, however, is another day  :sl :larf
Report Spam   Logged
ssweetpea

« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2009, 06:51:28 pm »

It is not looking good.

Basically we are managing to get one meal into Smudge every couple of days and that means only half of the medication. We finally managed to clip a claw that was overgrown and digging into her foot (she wouldn't let us near it before) and her foot isn't infected so she is walking around a bit more today but she is very wobbly on the back end. She had to be picked up when she slipped on the wooden floor, she couldn't get up unaided.

I am ringing the vet tomorrow. Mr sp and I have had a talk about it , we don't want to prolong things as it is obvious she in not comfortable at times.

Unless the vet thinks is to worth persevering it will be a one way trip.
Report Spam   Logged

Alicat
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2009, 06:57:02 am »

This is always the hardest decision we, as animal lovers ever have to make. Difficult though it is to make, we have it in our power to help them on their way and to stop their suffering. Smudge has had a wonderful life, with a wonderful wonderful home. She would want you to make the decision for her. It's sad letting go, but you know that you are doing the best for her  :hugf
Report Spam   Logged
Shef
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2009, 07:19:39 am »

Always a hard decision Sweetpea. I'll be thinking of you today  :hug2
Report Spam   Logged

Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get.
dragontamer
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2009, 06:08:12 pm »

Today I was talking to my neighbour (one of the many nice ones) in her driveway and her cat Ed was weaving through my legs.  He's a big, fluffy black and white boy.  He stopped moving and stared at the house across the road which houses the only 'iffy' family (no one was visible).  He stared and stared and I stage-whispered to him "Don't stare at them Ed, they're the crazy ones".

I had barely finished my sentence when he gave an almighty hiss.  Then he hissed again, growled and stalked away.  Lisa and I looked at each other then roared with laughter.  It was just so perfectly timed. 

(I'm gonna get him a treat just for being so vocally supportive of me).
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2009, 11:16:22 pm »

PMSL.
Report Spam   Logged
Magoo
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2009, 06:17:15 am »

A very instinctive furperson.
Report Spam   Logged
ssweetpea

« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2009, 09:40:49 am »

Sally has a new nik name.

Bad Smell.

She actively prevented me from unpacking my pack for 4 hours when I got back on Easter Monday. She literally ran and sat on it everytime I moved towards it.

That is nothing compared to the treatment sp1 has been subjected to since her return on Sunday. Sally didn't let sp1 go out of sight for more than 5 minutes all day yesterday. It took quite awhile to get the bag unpacked - guess who was sitting on it again.

We get yelled at - at length - everytime we go out and leave her.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: