Xtra News Community 2
March 28, 2024, 10:46:22 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

THE CATS

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: THE CATS  (Read 15628 times)
Alicat
« Reply #50 on: June 24, 2009, 06:23:38 pm »

Bailey and I had an interesting day today. I had her in at the Clinic by 7.30am. The Vet Nurse informed me that I could make an appointment to collect Bailey AFTER 5.30pm! I was not impressed as I had said when I booked the surgery that I wanted her done and dusted so that I could pick her up as soon as possible after 3.00pm. The Nurse and I had a bit of an eye ball confrontation before she reluctantly agreed that I could pick Bailey up at 4.40pm, but that was a 'special' arrangement. I might add that this Nurse had already told me off last week when Bailey had her stitches out because I had the nerve to carry Bailey in there without a cage (a criminal offence in her opinion). Now Bailey has been carried into shops and Vet Clinics since I've had her and been happily passed around the staff. All of the other Vet Nurses and Vets have happily grabbed her for cuddles without any concern.

I rang just after 3.00pm to see how Bailey was doing (I'd been busting to ring way before that but tried to be restrained about it). Bailey was just waking up then.

I was already on my way in to collect her when the Nurse rang to say that Bailey was too sleepy for me to uplift her and to wait another hour or more. I told them it was too late - that I was already stuck in peak hour traffic. I said I would be coming in anyway and would sit and wait if I had to. That's when I found out that Bailey was LAST on the theatre list. I think that Nurse had something to do with that!

When I arrived, it was another Nurse and she is lovely. She told me that Bailey was still really drowsy. We had a wee chat and she KNEW that I would look after Bailey and could be trusted to look after my own baby. The Vet was eavesdropping while the Nurse and I chatted. I had never met him before, but after a few minutes he came out and asked me if I wanted to take her home.

I said, "I do thanks - if that's okay with you. I am a very very experienced Burmese Mum and have nursed furbabies for the past 30 years through cancer, dentals, kidney failure, diabetes and the like. I think Bailey is much better off being taken home and looked after by me and popped in front of a heater and given loads of cuddles."

He agreed!

Bailey is home in front of the heater although she snuggled up on my knee for about half an hour after I got her home.

That Vet Nurse was efficious. She and I will no doubt have future clashes. I'm a bloody sight older than her and more experienced (in my not so humble opinion) in caring for MY furbabies.

VENT OVER. As you were.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 06:32:23 pm by Alicat » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: