Xtra News Community 2
April 17, 2024, 06:29:25 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

What happened the Year you were Born

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What happened the Year you were Born  (Read 508 times)
akadaka
Part-Of-The-Furniture Member

« on: August 16, 2010, 06:21:24 pm »

http://whathappenedinmybirthyear.com/

just a bit of light relief Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Rather a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Magoo
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2010, 06:37:03 pm »

Grin Very clever.
Report Spam   Logged
Im2Sexy4MyPants
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2010, 06:53:29 pm »

July 26 in history http://homepaddock.wordpress.com/2010/07/26/july-26-in-history-2/

1952 over the White House and the United States Capitol, .... At 3 a.m. on July 27
I was born on 26 July 1952

1952-Washington D. C. Buzzed by UFOs

The statement that UFOs normally only appear in desolate areas is definitely not true. Especially considering the 1952 buzzing of the White House, Capitol building, and the Pentagon. There were basically two separate waves of UFOs over our Capitol. The first occurred on July 19/20, and the second on July 26/27. The sightings were confirmed by ground and airplane radar, and visual reports from pilots sent to validate the objects. Also, photographs were taken, and one of these is included in our Best UFO Photographs Gallery
Defying Government Agencies:

At this time, our government had acknowledged through official reports that they believed UFO sightings studied since 1948 showed that the unknown flying objects were interplanetary devices. Seemingly defying the very government agency that was so intent on keeping their existence a secret, the UFOs over Washington D. C. case is one of the most important events in UFO history.
Unbelievable Speed:

The irrefutable radar returns were seen at Washington National Airport and Andrews Air Force Base. Government officials were at a loss to account what was happening over their own air space. The blips traveled around 100 mph for the most part, but what was unbelievable was their ability to reach the astonishing speed of 7,200 mph when accelerating. The capabilities of the UFOs were far beyond our technological proficiency at the time.
Vanished From Sight:

The U.S. Air Force Air Defense Command was first notified of what was occurring by Andrews Air Force Base. Immediately, several F-94 night fliers were ordered to hunt down and verify the subject of the radar sightings. However, repairs being done on a runway delayed their response. There would be actual dogfights between the U. S. planes and the UFOs, with our planes being out-maneuvered.
Illusive Targets:

By the time our first missions were off the ground, the UFOs were nowhere to be seen. But, when our planes returned to ground, the UFOs were back, as if taunting our defenses. For hours, U.S. planes chased the illusive targets, yet without success. Pilots could actually see the perplexing objects, but as they approached, the lights of the UFOs vanished.
A Quiet Week:

After the first wave of UFOs, there was a quiet week. But, on July 26, back they came. Again, there were multiple radar confirmations of the objects, and again F-94s were sent to confront the invading fliers. Pilots saw the same frustration as the week before. As soon as they approached the UFOs, the lights of the pursued blacked out. The frustration of our pilots could be summed up in an air to ground radio transmission: "They've surrounded my plane, what should I do?"
Air Force Press Conference:

The importance of the events over Washington, D.C. would produce an Air Force press conference on July 29. The public had every right to expect an answer to why our Air Force was unable to prevail over the unknown objects so easily speeding through our skies. Major John A Samford was in charge of the conference. The answer to the question was less than adequate.
Official Explanation:

The Air Force explanation: "temperature inversion" This weather phenomena can be illustrated by ground lights when they reach the clouds, give the illusion of lighted craft flying in the sky. If this explanation is to be accepted, we would then have our jets flying at mirages in the sky. An eager public accepted this explanation at first-the alternative was that we were being invaded by beings from another world.
Explanation Scoffed At:

Naturally, those who favored the UFO explanation laughed at the Air Force's rationality. Even Project Blue Book joined in later, by saying the "temperature inversion" explanation was bogus, and the Washington D. C. sightings were labeled "unexplained."
The UFOs over Washington D. C. were observed by many, and even photographed. The witnesses were of "high" caliber, including Air Force personnel, making the D. C. sightings a strong case for UFO activity.

http://ufos.about.com/od/visualproofphotosvideo/p/washingtondc.htm
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 02:14:46 am by Im2Sexy4MyPants » Report Spam   Logged

Are you sick of the bullshit from the sewer stream media spewed out from the usual Ken and Barby dickless talking point look a likes.

If you want to know what's going on in the real world...
And the many things that will personally effect you.
Go to
http://www.infowars.com/

AND WAKE THE F_ _K UP
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2010, 09:29:34 pm »

In 1954 (the year I was born), British Commonwealth Pacific Airlines ceased to exist.

Never heard of them? NZ taxpayers owned a piece of that airline.

If you can actually remember them, you are a REAL oldie.

If you were around and actually flew with British Commonwealth Pacific Airlines from Auckland to San Francisco and perhaps on to Vancouver, you got to sleep in a real bed during the overnight sectors.

Also....1954 was when international airline services from Wellington to Sydney ceased to exist until the new Wellington Airport opened in 1959. Until 1954, if you flew from Wellington to Sydney, you boarded a TEAL Solent flying-boat and took off from Evans Bay and flew to Rose Bay on Sydney Harbour.

Report Spam   Logged

If you aren't living life on the edge, you're taking up too much space! 
Ferney
Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2010, 10:29:22 pm »

1943 so there was a lot happening.  
One of my Uncles was a POW in Germany and sent a postcard when he got the news that I was born.  I have recently given it to my cousins as he'd never told them even the name of the camp he was in or anything about his time there.   He told me lots of stuff many years later.    
Part of the message was "the old rose blooms again" as I was my mum's 3rd child.  Smiley   

Report Spam   Logged
Calliope
Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

If music be the food of love, play on

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2010, 11:13:14 pm »

1943 so there was a lot happening.  

Part of the message was "the old rose blooms again" as I was my mum's 3rd child.  Smiley   

Awwwwww That's so lovely
Report Spam   Logged

[W]hat the internet and its cult of anonymity do is to provide a blanket sort of immunity for anybody who wants to say anything about anybody else, and it would be difficult in this sense to think of a more morally deformed exploitation of the concept of free speech.
- Richard Bernstein in the New York Times
nitpicker1
XNC2 GOD

Nothing sexceeds like sexcess

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2010, 11:20:23 pm »

What happened in    

In 1932, the world was a different place.

In 1932... The Stimson Doctrine is proclaimed, in response to the Japanese invasion of Manchuria. Adolf Hitler obtains German citizenship by naturalization, opening the opportunity for him to run in the 1932 election for Reichspräsident. Japan occupies Shanghai. The Sydney Harbour Bridge opens. John Cockcroft and Ernest Walton focus a proton beam on lithium and split its nucleus. The Benelux customs union is negotiated. The Dow Jones Industrial Average reaches its lowest level of the Great Depression, bottoming out at 41.22. The San Francisco Opera House opens. Buck Rogers in the 25th Century airs on American radio for the first time.

That was the world you were born into. Since then, you and others have changed it.

The Nobel prize for Literature that year went to John Galsworthy. The Nobel prize for physics went to Werner Heisenberg from Germany for the creation of quantum mechanics, the application of which has, inter alia, led to the discovery of the allotropic forms of hydrogen. The sensation this created was big. But it didn't stop the planets from spinning, on and on, year by year. Years in which you would grow bigger, older, smarter, and, if you were lucky, sometimes wiser. Years in which you also lost some things. Possessions got misplaced. Memories faded. Friends parted ways. The best friends, you tried to hold on. This is what counts in life, isn't it?

The 1930s were indeed a special decade. The Dirty Thirties. There was a Great Depression with traumatic effects worldwide. In Germany, the Nazi's Third Reich rose, ultimately leading to World War II. Intercontinental aviation and radio began. The German airship Hindenburg explodes in the sky above Lakehurst, New Jersey. Gandhi's peaceful resistance movement against the British colonial rule in India gains worldwide attention. Radar is invented, and so is Kodachrome.

Do you remember the movie that was all the rage when you were 15? Cass Timberlane. Do you still remember the songs playing on the radio when you were 15? Maybe it was Peg o' My Heart by The Harmonicats. Were you in love? Who were you in love with, do you remember?

There's a kid outside, shouting, playing. It doesn't care about time. It doesn't know about time. It shouts and it plays and thinks time is forever. You were once that kid.

When you were 9, the movie Here Comes Mr. Jordan was playing. When you were 8, there was The Blue Bird.

Progress, year after year. Do you wonder where the world is heading towards? The technology available today would have blown your mind in 1932.

1932, North of Baton Rouge
Louisiana nights are darker than before
Along the Mississippi, that is where it is
The old colonial house, a mansion if you will
White as snow, the mansion still seems to have its glow

That's from the song LOA House by King Diamond.

In 1932, a new character entered the world of comic books: Goofy. Bang! Boom! But that's just fiction, right? In the real world, in 1932, Don King was born. And Donald Rumsfeld. Elizabeth Taylor, too. And you, of course. Everyone an individual. Everyone special. Everyone taking a different path through life.
It's 2010.

The world is a different place.

What path have you taken?

This site was created by Philipp Lenssen in 2010. Please email me at philipp.lenssen@gmail.com for feedback. Some content of this site is from Creative Commons licensed Wikipedia with credit to its individual authors. This site is also CC
Report Spam   Logged

"Life might not be the party you were expecting, but you're here now, so you may as well get up and dance"
Ares Abani
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2010, 02:09:34 am »

http://timelines.com/1962
It appears lots of stuff happened that year. I was born April 21, from my understanding yawls queen was also born April 21.

I'm2sexy my grandad was born on July 26 but in 1898. After I got old enough to cook I always made him a birthday cake.
Report Spam   Logged

CS Lewis says in 'A Grief Observed'
"I need Christ, not something that resembles Him.”
chevy

Chevy from the Levy

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2010, 12:20:02 am »

What happened the Year you were Born

September
1969 baby!

man on the moon on a windy day [flag]

woodstock
Report Spam   Logged

bye bye American Pie
beaker
Senator
Part-Of-The-Furniture Member

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2010, 10:41:50 pm »

1976 - Rocky was No.1 at the box office... wahoooo  Undecided

Very well done though  Wink
Report Spam   Logged

This job is a test . . . It is only a test . . . Had this been a real job . . . it would have come with raises, promotions and other signs of appreciation!!!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: