Xtra News Community 2
March 29, 2024, 11:04:13 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Police shouldn't chase Boy Racers Eh?

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Police shouldn't chase Boy Racers Eh?  (Read 784 times)
AnFaolchudubh
Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

Faugh a ballagh!

« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2010, 06:15:25 pm »

He erotically drove his big red car into a tight pink tunnel  Grin

The police claimed he came to soon!
Report Spam   Logged

Stupid people are not an endangered species so why are we protecting them
R. S. OhAllmurain
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2014, 12:36:59 am »

from The Dominion Post....

Drifting driver caught after video goes online

| 5:00AM - Thursday, 07 August 2014

A NAPIER MAN who drifted around blind corners and in front of traffic evaded arrest until his mate posted a video of his driving on YouTube.

More than 600 people watched Jason Sky A'Court drive dangerously through Napier residential streets in the internet clip before police learned of it, Napier District Court heard yesterday.

Police had been looking for the driver of a Nissan Skyline since people complained about seeing the speeding car being driven erratically on March 15th.

When police caught up with 25-year-old, he apologised and said he was in a “bad head space” that day.

A passenger in his car at the time filmed A'Court spinning his wheels and drifting across the road in front of oncoming vehicles. Drivers had to pull to the left to avoid colliding with his car, police prosecutor Chris Flood told the court.

He lost traction on roundabouts and, at one point, lost control of the car and spun 360 degrees.

The roads were slippery from heavy rain and visibility was poor when A'Court drove through residential streets for half an hour, just after 6pm. Many families would have been at home with young children at the time, Flood said.

In court yesterday A'Court pleaded guilty to reckless driving. He also admitted failing to stop for police in another incident and breaching his community work.

Judge Geoff Rea said it was an appalling piece of driving.

“You are very fortunate you did not injure somebody or yourself. You put a considerable amount of people at risk.”

Rea sentenced A'Court to 300 hours' community work on top of the 82 hours he still had to complete from a previous sentence.

He also warned A'Court that he would go to “straight to jail” if he did not complete the sentence. A'Court was also disqualified from driving for nine months.

Outside court, A'Court denied he was boy racer and instead called himself a drifter. He practised on the roads because tracks were too expensive. However, he admitted he would rather fork out the cash in future than complete a community work sentence.

A'Court said he “wouldn't be so silly” as to post the video online but had a mate to thank for that.

By yesterday afternoon, the video had about 18,000 people views. It was posted four months ago.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post/news/10356182/Drifting-driver-caught-after-video-goes-online
Report Spam   Logged

If you aren't living life on the edge, you're taking up too much space! 
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2016, 11:46:39 am »

Oh well....I guess two of the boy-racer occupants of this car won't be doing it again....

(click on the picture to read the news story)

That's just a couple of short blocks down the road and 'round the corner from my place.

I heard the bang from that crash....I had just finished watching a movie and was heading off to bed when it happened.

Report Spam   Logged

reality
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2016, 01:36:58 pm »

....just lucky that only people in the offending vehicle got hurt and there were no innocent people involved...an expensive lesson..but there will be some who do not learn from it Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
nitpicker1
XNC2 GOD

Nothing sexceeds like sexcess

« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2016, 02:15:29 pm »

Re reply #27

Angry

So you didn't go out to help? I guess you would have had training in first aid in your job?   

Seems it took quite a while for the emergency services to arrive ..........

Meanwhile

Fire crews respond to fatal crash north of Auckland, discover own member

Last updated 13:18, January 31 2016
http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/76423370/fire-crews-respond-to-fatal-crash-north-of-auckland-discover-own-member
Report Spam   Logged

"Life might not be the party you were expecting, but you're here now, so you may as well get up and dance"
reality
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2016, 02:48:08 pm »

"So you didn't go out to help? "

... Shocked...what...you mean someone other than himself Roll Eyes...get a grip Wink
Report Spam   Logged
reality
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2016, 06:21:06 pm »

...so...the 4 boys were 14 and 15 years old...getting pulled up in a stolen car by cops at 2.15am ....

...this begs the question..what the hell are the parents in Masterton thinking Shocked

...its not about their kids....thats for sure Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2016, 07:41:20 pm »

So you didn't go out to help?

I wouldn't have known where to look.

All I heard was the sound a car being driven in boy-racer fashion, then a loud bang.....and silence.

I wouldn't have had a clue which direction the sound came from, because I was inside my place.

I only found out where it was from news reports later this morning when I got up out of bed.

Report Spam   Logged

reality
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2016, 08:08:44 pm »

haha...

so what..do you get out of bed when you get up Shocked
Report Spam   Logged
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2016, 09:00:20 pm »

I've been working late-shift for the past week-and-a-half.

So as that means some shifts finish at 1:00am, some shifts finish late-evening and some shifts finish mid-evening, I do what NORMAL shift workers do and go to bed late (how late depends on how late I finish, and sometimes I watch a movie when I get home before going to bed) and get up late the following morning.

When I'm on early shift, I go to bed early and get up extremely early on weekdays (3:00am) and just plain early on weekends (5:30am).

Note, I used the words NORMAL shift workers.

Some people are probably too dumb........to sleep according to the hours-of-work cycle they are currently in. Those types of people are too STUPID & retarded to do shift work. They're the ones who end up causing horrendous stuff-ups, often killing or seriously injuring themselves or others.

Report Spam   Logged

Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2016, 07:50:59 pm »

Featherston ‘divided’ as driver, 14, charged over fatal crash

He may have his name officially suppressed by the court, but most people around here (including me) know who he is and what his name is.

All four of the youths in that car are part of a gang of nasty young scrotes who cause a shitload of trouble in their hometown, Featherston, as well as in other places in Wairarapa when they infest surrounding towns. Also, they regularly catch the train over to Wellington in a large group and no doubt cause problems over there. They certainly cause a shitload of trouble on the trains. Four of them were trespassed from KiwiRail property and Tranz Metro trains for two years last November after a train manager/guard (who lives in Featherston) told a group of them, after some particularly unsavoury behaviour on one of the trains, that the next time he saw them on the platform at Featherston he would prevent them from boarding and travelling on his train. One of them spat in the train manager's face, so he told the young scrote he was going to kick him off when the train got to Upper Hutt whereupon the youth pulled out a knife and threatened the train manager. This bloke is fairly big and he promptly disarmed the young prick and he told me afterwards he was close to breaking his arm. He said he could feel the pressure he was putting on his arm and it wouldn't have taken much more to snap the bone and that he was really tempted, but thought better of it. Instead he phoned Tranz Metro security and they met the train in Wellington and trespassed the scrote who had pulled the knife, as well as three of his mates who got lippy & abusive to the security manager. The youth who pulled the knife was one of the ones who got killed early on Sunday morning. The driver of the stolen car was one of the others who got trespassed, as was the other survivor of the crash.

Report Spam   Logged

reality
« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2016, 04:39:19 am »

...is there a reason why so many lowlife are drawn to Wairarapa Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2016, 06:24:28 am »

Is there any reason why so many lowlife are drawn to just about every city and town in the country?
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2016, 06:28:34 am »

The indisputable facts here are:-

They CHOSE to steal the car
They CHOSE to drive like idiots
They CHOSE to flee from Police
Two of them won't ever steal cars and flee Police again

Given that all of it was THEIR own CHOICE, it is fortunate that they were the only ones who died or were injured.
Report Spam   Logged
reality
« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2016, 06:44:24 am »

I agree...

..but what has not seemed to come up in the media is the question of parenting....what the hell are parents thinking..when their 14 and 15 year olds are out at 2.15 am....I think they have alot to answer for...but other parents will still not learn Shocked
Report Spam   Logged
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2016, 08:03:52 am »

Yes....we already KNOW your are dumb & stupid.

Is there any particular reason why you have to continue to display it again and again and again?

Are you worried we haven't yet noticed your stupidity & general lack of intelligence?
Report Spam   Logged

reality
« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2016, 11:26:54 am »

...sooo...you know what the parents are doing while their 14 and 15 year olds are out stealing cars at 2am? Shocked
Report Spam   Logged
reality
« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2016, 08:26:07 am »

"However, Hutt South MP Trevor Mallard still wrote a letter of support, under his official Labour Party letterhead, for the man."

...what was that about our corruption ratings slipping to #4 in the world Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Hutt South MP Trevor Mallard supports boy racer caught clocking up 210kmh in highway race

Hutt South MP Trevor Mallard: "I think it is important to provide some support for [the man], who has entirely through his own poor judgement and panic, got himself into, what he knows, is a very serious situation".
Andy Jackson

Labour MP Trevor Mallard has asked the court to allow an illegal racer to escape conviction for lying to police.

The man, 24, was caught, and has been convicted, after illegally racing another car at speeds of up to 210kmh on State Highway 2, Lower Hutt, in September.

When police caught up with him later, he allegedly lied, telling them someone must have stolen his car.

His actions were described by the sentencing judge, Judge Chris Tuohy, as "the most serious of its type" and police called the racing "appalling".

However, Hutt South MP Trevor Mallard still wrote a letter of support, under his official Labour Party letterhead, for the man.

In the letter, Mallard urged the court to suspend the man's conviction for lying to the police.

"This is a young man with tremendous potential and my request is that his years place of study not be negated by a conviction on the fake statement charge."

On Friday, Mallard said he knew the man's family before they approached him for help, and he did not feel that it was inappropriate for an MP to provide a character reference in criminal matters.

"I knew his family. Knew of but didn't know [the man] personally," Mallard said.

"Probably three or four families would approach me for assistance in criminal matters for each letter I provide."

Community leaders, such as business people and clergy, have long provided character references to the country's courts, he said.

"I probably provide a character reference once every three or four years for courts. Similarly for banks. Letting agencies a bit more frequently."

But Hutt City Mayor Ray Wallace said while what Mallard did was his business, people only need to look at the horrific damage done by speeding to see how dangerous the man's actions had been.

"The ridiculous speed and then lying to police. I certainly wouldn't be writing a letter of support for someone who has been so reckless."

Labour Party leader Andrew Little said he was not aware of the particular case.

"This is not unusual however as local MPs will often advocate for those in their electorates and occasionally this may involve a police matter."

On Wednesday in Hutt Valley District Court, the man was sentenced 220 hours community service and disqualified from driving for 12 months for illegal driving.

The false statement charge has been remanded for sentencing later this month, when the man's lawyer will argue he should be given a discharge without conviction, using Mallard's letter to support his case.

At the man's sentencing on the racing charge, Judge Tuohy said he had previously been disqualified from driving for similar offending in 2009.

He described the latest incident as "the most serious of its type" because of the high speed and the risk to the drivers and the public.

"Racing neck and neck with the other vehicle is just ridiculous," the judge said.

Constable Laurence Vautier of the Wellington District Road Policing Group said at the time that police were appalled to witness two cars racing each other at speeds up to 210kmh in the early hours of a Sunday morning.

"The consequences of a crash at these speeds would have been disastrous and would almost certainly have resulted in injury or death to all involved."

The judge lifted name suppression on the racing charge, but made an interim order name suppression on the false statement charge until the man appears for sentencing later this month.

The man's family declined to comment.

- Stuff
Report Spam   Logged
reality
« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2016, 10:54:23 am »

...its common sense....surely Roll Eyes

IT’S SIMPLE, IF YOU DON’T FLEE THEN YOU DON’T DIE

The left-wing think the best way to solve the issue of people getting killed or injured when fleeing from Police is to stop the Police from chasing criminals.

Judith Collins says otherwise:

Crushing the cars of drivers who flee from police could reduce the number of attempted getaways, Police Minister Judith Collins says.

However, Collins says she backs the police and their handling of pursuits, despite a spate of crashes involving fleeing drivers.

A man, woman and 5-month-old baby were injured following a serious crash on State Highway 16, north of Auckland on Thursday afternoon – the third crash involving a police pursuit in recent weeks.

Police were pursuing the vehicle at the time it crashed after the driver failed to stop when police attempted to pull him over for speeding.

On Wednesday the Independent Police Conduct Authority (IPCA) called for police to alter their rules on pursuing drivers, saying they don’t reduce the risk to the public and rarely end successfully.

Why doesn’t anyone call for the criminals to alter their rules and stop fleeing, then the problem will go away?

Collins told TV3 she did not back the calls for change and trusted the judgement of police.

Around 2300 drivers tried to flee from police each year, and Collins said the focus needed to shift from what police did to the drivers themselves.

“Over the years…we’ve put all the blame on police trying to stop criminals doing very dangerous things, and the focus needs to be on what’s driving the behaviour in the first place.”

Precisely.

Collins said she would look at whether penalties for fleeing drivers should be increased as a deterrent – citing her infamous “car crushing” law for illegal boy racers after their third offence.

“If you look at for instance the illegal street racers, some quite interesting legislation that I put through last time I was police minister around car crushing, that has actually worked and we’ve had huge drops.”

Police should not be told to abandon all pursuits and allow criminals to get away, she said.

“How is it that every time one of these completely stupid people behaves like this, puts everybody else at risk, and themselves and a baby, we sit around saying, ‘Why aren’t the police doing something?’

“Frankly, I’m not someone as a police minister who’s going to suggest to police that they just give over the roads to criminals and…if you get into a car, then suddenly you’ve got some kind of sanctuary against police.”

Good stuff. Judith Collins shows she isn’t criminal friendly, and the opposition shows they are.

It’s a simple choice really when it comes to law and order. A police Minister who wants crims stopped or a catch and release policy from the opposition that is long on the release part and extremely short on the catch part.

– Fairfax
by Cameron Slater on February 12, 2016 at 12:30pm
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2016, 11:23:48 am »

The left-wing think the best way to solve the issue of people getting killed or injured when fleeing from Police is to stop the Police from chasing criminals.

Where is the link to back up your claims that the 'left-wing'  think the best way to solve the issue of people getting killed or injured when fleeing from Police is to stop the Police from chasing criminals?

There IS no link to back you up. People from all walks of life and all political or non-political leanings have varied opinions on what should happen with regards to pursuits.

I have no political affiliations or leanings whatsoever. It is my opinion that it be mandatory for fleeing drivers to receive a custodial sentence. It's to damned easy for them. Pursuits are controlled by a Shift Commander. The pursuing cop is required to follow strict criteria and is answerable to the Shift Commander who is the overall Pursuit Controller. Pursuits are abandoned very quickly because of the strict guidelines. It seems the fleeing drivers are well aware that Police will abandon a pursuit sooner rather than later. They think it's a bloody game and know that it will be called off. If they knew that they would receive a mandatory prison sentence for failing to stop for Police and that their vehicle would be crushed (if it was theirs or if the owner of the vehicle knew who the driver was but refused to provide the identity of the driver to Police or knowingly was party to the pursuit) - we may see a change in attitude.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 02:55:19 pm by Alicat » Report Spam   Logged
guest49
« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2016, 11:38:24 am »

Ali
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: