Xtra News Community 2
March 30, 2024, 03:09:35 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

The History of 'APRONS'

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The History of 'APRONS'  (Read 1681 times)
enemyoftheleft
Bloody-Good Member

« Reply #50 on: February 25, 2009, 06:02:41 pm »

hey lovelee what happened to marge or is it my computer??
Report Spam   Logged

liquor up front,poker at the rear
Alicat
« Reply #51 on: February 25, 2009, 06:05:19 pm »

I objected to the apron with the mans genitalia on - not nice for public forum.

May I ask Justic, have you consulted with the other HEAD HONCHO in regard to this?

Nope.  I am sure Brownie will comment if she wants to.

I personally don't think it's a job for us.  I think it's something the mods of the forum could have easily resolved by checking the TOS and having an objective discussion.

Speaking as one of the Moderators - I have been at work since 6.00am so missed it all. It takes a lot to offend me on a personal level, but I do believe we must ensure that the Board isn't compromised.
Report Spam   Logged
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #52 on: February 25, 2009, 06:08:07 pm »

hey lovelee what happened to marge or is it my computer??

Its all this sitting around waiting for my leg to heal - I put on weight  Undecided
Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.
enemyoftheleft
Bloody-Good Member

« Reply #53 on: February 25, 2009, 06:12:21 pm »

your leg does not have a heel,that belongs on ya foot Grin
Report Spam   Logged

liquor up front,poker at the rear
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #54 on: February 25, 2009, 06:23:27 pm »

Gun Thug
Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.
gladys2

« Reply #55 on: February 25, 2009, 07:06:50 pm »

So whats the opinion of this posted in "Humour" on the 27th Jan. in  the light of the 1st para. of TOS, personally I find it racially offensive.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Parvinder and Habib are beggars in UK . They beg in different areas of
London.

Habib begs just as long as Parvinder but only collects £2 to £3 every day.
Parvinder brings home a suitcase FULL of £10 notes, drives a Mercedes,
lives in a mortgage-free house and has a lot of money to spend.

Habib says to Parvinder 'I work just as long and hard as you do but how do
you bring home a suitcase full of £10 notes every day?'

Parvinder says, 'Look at your sign, what does it say'?

Habib's sign reads 'I have no work. I have a wife and 6 kids to support'.

Parvinder says 'No wonder you only get £2- £3

Habib says... 'So what does your sign say'?

Parvinder shows his sign....

It reads,

'I only need another £100 to move back to Pakistan '…….!!!!!!!!!!!
Report Spam   Logged
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #56 on: February 25, 2009, 07:12:59 pm »

That could be said about many statements made in the group.

Are we being too precious now?
Report Spam   Logged

gladys2

« Reply #57 on: February 25, 2009, 07:46:34 pm »

For me racism as promoted incipiently through jokes is more serious than a couple of picts. perceived as grubby.
Report Spam   Logged
Newtown-Fella
« Reply #58 on: February 25, 2009, 08:44:49 pm »

SIGH!!  How is the Statue of David relevant to any childs Dad wearing an apron with cock and balls on it?

Dont you think its time you let this go, Newt?

for crying out loud L'lee....

the bloody apron picture i posted was a copy of the statue of bloody David and your offended by that !!
 the statue of David would have to be one of the most famous statues in the world apparently its perfectly formed

the emails i sent to the Mods of this Group and who actually replied said they didnt have a problem with the Sheep Apron however someone decided to Deleted the Sheep posting and that person hasnt owned up at this stage

as far as i'm concerned the wholer bloody lot should be recovered and placed back in the thread so Dazza or KTJ will be asked to do so

however i think we are in agreement that the Bin Larden picture had nothing to do wuth Aprons so should not be replaced and IMHO would be in breach of the TOS

the naked car washers  doesnt have anythinng to do with Aprons either so should probably be left out

be careful as im getting very close to removing the whole thread if people dont grow up

now to reply to Justic ...

Thanks for your email NF.  I thought I would respond to it in here for all to see.

I am wondering if the forum mods had any dialogue other than what is in the thread.  If not then I think that is a real shame.  Afterall I didn't think moral judge was included in my job description.  Wink

I did email all teh Mods of this Forum and the replies i received back were in the affirmative all pics were funny ....

1.upload, post, e-mail, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;.

following 1. TOS the the only pic i would class as " obscene " would be the Bin Laden pic

My personal opinion is that I may well snigger at the sheep or Bin Laden pics if they came through my email mailbox they are not something I would post in a public forum such as this.  Agreed

Justic takes off her honcho hat to ask the general forum mods

Why did you remove the car washing pic? simply because  everyone was having a hissy fit about any pic that showed anything containing naked flesh or showing cock

In my book it is not unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;.

Agreed !!

ok lets have some normality again .... can someone with the magic key please reinstate the Sheep Post my post with David and the guy in the Union Jack briefs the naked carwashers ....

there are 5 moderators 3 of use arent offend so we have a majority decision

suggest people go take a look at http://images.google.co.nz/images?q=naughty%20aprons&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi but be warned that their are cocks boobs thathave been printed onto aprons which was what this thread was about

Report Spam   Logged
donquixotenz
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

STILL TILTING

« Reply #59 on: February 25, 2009, 09:14:12 pm »

I deleted the sheep apron as I wanted to avoid this bloody storm in a teacup.

donkey says it all

« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 09:28:09 pm by donquixotenz » Report Spam   Logged

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body.

But rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming...

WOW, What a Ride!"

Please note: IMHO and e&oe apply to all my posts.
Ferney
Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #60 on: February 25, 2009, 09:35:10 pm »

I didn't see any pics of anything as I am at work during the day.  I do remember reading the terms of use when I joined. 

This is my history of aprons.  We had to make aprons in St 4 for Intermediate and it was more about power than sewing.   That teacher was a right nasty old bag.   We had to buy stiff white cotton fabric and hand overstitch the join in the skirt.  It took most girls the whole year.  It could have been machine sewn in less than a minute.   It wasn't until that was done that we were allowed to take them home and do the rest of it by machine.    Huh   Just as well we had thimbles or we'd have had so many bloody holes in our fingers they'd have dropped off

Now that is............boring and this thread wasn't really about aprons at all.

If I could make a suggestion.   If  pics may offend, why not do what NF did and put the link in instead.     
Report Spam   Logged
guest49
« Reply #61 on: February 26, 2009, 04:54:16 am »

Good Morning Don Q.
I am unsure of your meaning here
donkey says it all

Is it that you desire the war of words to continue?

[If nothing else it will get the post count up!]
Report Spam   Logged
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #62 on: February 26, 2009, 06:20:58 am »

the bloody apron picture i posted was a copy of the statue of bloody David and your offended by that !!
 the statue of David would have to be one of the most famous statues in the world apparently its perfectly formed

Obviously u see no difference in a man wearing an apron with cock and balls on it (u think children will recognise it as a famous statue - I dont think a child would think any different if looking at the real thing, dad wearing it or the famous statue - they see them all as disgusting - I showed the 3 grandkids last night - explained wat had happened in here.  Ages 10, 16, 17 & each of them screwed up their faces and said they are ALL disgusting.)

as far as i'm concerned the wholer bloody lot should be recovered and placed back in the thread so Dazza or KTJ will be asked to do so

You intend working against the HEAD HONCHO - whom you asked for input - and now yer gonna insist they be put back up??

be careful as im getting very close to removing the whole thread if people dont grow up

Be careful???  LOL Be careful??  hahaha .. ooo Im scared now!!

It appears as if you are prepared to action things on your own back, I understood you modcons were compelled to discuss whats happening with other modcons, before actioning anything.

Can some of the modcons tell me if this is so pse?
Report Spam   Logged

wgtngirl
« Reply #63 on: February 26, 2009, 07:07:39 am »

Yes, lovelee.  It is so.
Report Spam   Logged
Justic
Global Moderator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #64 on: February 27, 2009, 06:50:58 am »

I didn't see any pics of anything as I am at work during the day.  I do remember reading the terms of use when I joined. 

This is my history of aprons.  We had to make aprons in St 4 for Intermediate and it was more about power than sewing.   That teacher was a right nasty old bag.   We had to buy stiff white cotton fabric and hand overstitch the join in the skirt.  It took most girls the whole year.  It could have been machine sewn in less than a minute.   It wasn't until that was done that we were allowed to take them home and do the rest of it by machine.    Huh   Just as well we had thimbles or we'd have had so many bloody holes in our fingers they'd have dropped off

Now that is............boring and this thread wasn't really about aprons at all.

If I could make a suggestion.   If  pics may offend, why not do what NF did and put the link in instead.     

Why was it that all sewing teachers were sour faced, middle aged and single ?

I remember making an apron out of sacking and material.  Mum kept all our school projects etc and I remember when she gave me that apron a few years before she passed.  I threw it out.  Maybe I should have given it to Te Papa  Grin

Ferney I have a thimble that only fitted my ring finger and wasn't much help,  the strength of my thumb was needed to get those old sacking needles through anything fabric.
Report Spam   Logged

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."
Ferney
Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #65 on: February 27, 2009, 08:49:58 pm »

Haha Justic.   Yes, that teacher was sour faced and single.   She was also the Primer 1 teacher and the one that used to hit me with the wooden back of the duster for using my left hand.   Old bag. 

Mum was always going to keep that cooking apron as she always said we were tortured, but I don't know what happened to it.  I remember sewing on sacking at school but it was only flat pieces we learnt stitches on. 

Report Spam   Logged
Nitpicker1
« Reply #66 on: February 28, 2009, 08:09:21 am »

All my early teachers were single women and harridans. The males must have been sucked uo by the war? The first male teacher I had was in 1948.

He probably wore a pinny at home
Report Spam   Logged
dragontamer
« Reply #67 on: February 28, 2009, 08:14:16 am »

My sewing teacher hated me.  I destroyed 4 sewing machines in a couple of weeks so, in a time of segregated courses, I was the only girl allowed to do woodwork.

Both the sewing teacher and I were infinitely grateful (I can't speak for the woodwork teacher, but at least I didn't destroy his equipment).
Report Spam   Logged
Newtown-Fella
« Reply #68 on: February 28, 2009, 09:18:06 am »

I can't speak for the woodwork teacher, but at least I didn't destroy his equipment

Report Spam   Logged
Justic
Global Moderator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #69 on: February 28, 2009, 09:49:26 am »

My sewing teacher hated me.  I destroyed 4 sewing machines in a couple of weeks so, in a time of segregated courses, I was the only girl allowed to do woodwork.

Both the sewing teacher and I were infinitely grateful (I can't speak for the woodwork teacher, but at least I didn't destroy his equipment).

Grin I take it the woodwork teacher saw you coming and had time to take precautions and protect his "equipment  Dragontamer
Report Spam   Logged

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."
dragontamer
« Reply #70 on: February 28, 2009, 10:46:16 am »

Shocked I wondered why he insisted on wearing that stupid, big tool belt.
Report Spam   Logged
Shef
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #71 on: February 28, 2009, 03:02:10 pm »

I wondered why he insisted on wearing that stupid, big tool belt

Chain mail was it Grin

Why was it that all sewing teachers were sour faced, middle aged and single ?
My sewing teacher at high school was a gorgeous fat Indian lady, with an awesome temper. We used to ask about different stitches just to hear her say laaaaaazy Daizzzzzzy. Halfway through the first term she nutted out who was/wasn't going to pass, so those of us who couldn't sew to save our lives sat in the corner, had coffee (and the odd sneaky smoke) and told her the latest gossip. She was my mostest favouritist teacher.  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: