Xtra News Community 2
March 29, 2024, 10:44:25 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Breakfast big mouth strikes again

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Breakfast big mouth strikes again  (Read 5237 times)
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2010, 03:13:24 pm »

The ONLY time Paul Henry put himself up in the ultimate popularity contest (standing for Parliament in an electorate in a general election), he got his arse kicked by a transvestite and by a HUGE margin. And that was in spite of the fact that his name was well known in the electorate due to having been a breakfast radio jock in that part of New Zealand for a few years prior to the general election he stood in.

Mind you, the fact he made some extremely nasty racist and sexist remarks about candidates from other political parties (he was standing on a Nats ticket) during the election campaign may have had something to do with his HUGE defeat.

So I guess that kinda says it all about Paul Henry, eh? 
Report Spam   Logged

If you aren't living life on the edge, you're taking up too much space! 
guest49
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2010, 03:54:17 pm »

The ONLY time Paul Henry put himself up in the ultimate popularity contest (standing for Parliament in an electorate in a general election), he got his arse kicked by a transvestite and by a HUGE margin. And that was in spite of the fact that his name was well known in the electorate due to having been a breakfast radio jock in that part of New Zealand for a few years prior to the general election he stood in.

Mind you, the fact he made some extremely nasty racist and sexist remarks about candidates from other political parties (he was standing on a Nats ticket) during the election campaign may have had something to do with his HUGE defeat.

So I guess that kinda says it all about Paul Henry, eh? 

No, not really.
You left out the part about saying what most New Zealanders think.

The sidebar poll shows absolutely massive support for him.
Report Spam   Logged
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2010, 04:23:47 pm »

That is the “lowest common demoninator being the most popular with the peasants & riff-raff” syndrome producing that result.

You get that in many fields, including music, the arts in general, people supporting “lock-em-up-and-chuck-away-the-key” politicians without thinking about the ultimate long-term consequences, and so-on.

Why do you think such huge crowds turn out for Steve Crow's rather sordid “boobs on bikes” parades?

Or why do you think 'mericans voted George W Bush into the White House, not once, but twice?

It's that “lowest common demominator syndrome” in action.

Paul Henry's popularity fits into that category. People who idolise him only think through the shallow populist surface stuff without looking at the deeper implications of things. The “lowest common demoinator syndrome!”
Report Spam   Logged

Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2010, 04:28:23 pm »

Anyway, I'm going to go and put my head down for a while.

I've got a splitting headache, a raging fever (I'm really burning up) even though I feel freezing cold (the temperature is 21°C in the room I'm in), I feel like keeling over if I attempt to walk more than about 20 metres, and I generally feel absolutely like shit.

So much for the flu vaccine, eh? I had a shot back in February....the first time I've had a flu shot for many years!
Report Spam   Logged

Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2010, 06:42:36 pm »

Paul Henry showed his TRUE colours this morning in Christchurch while there for the Breakfast special.

I don't know if this went to air or not, but I have it on good authority firsthand from someone who was actually standing right there a few metres away when this exchange took place. Apparently Paul Henry produced a cheque for $10,000 made out to the Red Cross for the Christchurch Earthquake appeal and told John Key that he would donate the cheque in return for one of the defunct RNZAF Skyhawks. John Key said, “no, he couldn't have one of the Skyhawks”, but said he'd personally match Paul Henry's $10,000 donation, whereapon Paul Henry put his cheque back in his pocket and changed the subject.

In other words, he was merely on a big ego-stroking wankfest and when John Key called his bluff, he backed off making a donation!
Report Spam   Logged

Brownie55
Global Moderator
Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

OK, so what’s the speed of dark?

« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2010, 07:49:51 pm »

Paul Henry showed his TRUE colours this morning in Christchurch while there for the Breakfast special.

I don't know if this went to air or not, but I have it on good authority firsthand from someone who was actually standing right there a few metres away when this exchange took place. Apparently Paul Henry produced a cheque for $10,000 made out to the Red Cross for the Christchurch Earthquake appeal and told John Key that he would donate the cheque in return for one of the defunct RNZAF Skyhawks. John Key said, “no, he couldn't have one of the Skyhawks”, but said he'd personally match Paul Henry's $10,000 donation, whereapon Paul Henry put his cheque back in his pocket and changed the subject.

In other words, he was merely on a big ego-stroking wankfest and when John Key called his bluff, he backed off making a donation!
Yes it went to air....but who knows where the cheque went....you don't!
Report Spam   Logged

I almost had a psychic boyfriend, but he left me before we met.
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2010, 10:02:27 pm »

Ah....he's such a funny bloke, that Paul Henry, eh? 

He makes a big thing live on-air (my friend who was a few metres away and who related the story to me didn't know if it was live on-air at that particular moment) about offering to donate $10,000 in return for a Skyhawk (even has the cheque in his hand), then when the Prime Minister says, “no he cannot have a Skyhawk,” but that he (the PM) will instead match Paul Henry's cheque with one of his own, Paul Henry decides to give the country the impression that he is a dick just so he can then secretly donate the $10,000 out of the public gaze (after making such a big thing about wanting to public donate $10,000, just so long as he got a Skyhawk in return) because he likes making himself appear to be on a big ego-stroking wankfest.

Yep, that Paul Henry sure is a funny chap!       
Report Spam   Logged

Crusader
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2010, 10:54:34 pm »

That is the “lowest common demoninator being the most popular with the peasants & riff-raff” syndrome producing that result.

You get that in many fields, including music, the arts in general, people supporting “lock-em-up-and-chuck-away-the-key” politicians without thinking about the ultimate long-term consequences, and so-on.

Why do you think such huge crowds turn out for Steve Crow's rather sordid “boobs on bikes” parades?

Or why do you think 'mericans voted George W Bush into the White House, not once, but twice?

It's that “lowest common demominator syndrome” in action.

Paul Henry's popularity fits into that category. People who idolise him only think through the shallow populist surface stuff without looking at the deeper implications of things. The “lowest common demoinator syndrome!”

Kind of like all those idiots marching against Isreal and other pathetic causes. You would think they would all have something better to do.
Report Spam   Logged
guest49
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2010, 07:20:53 am »

Yep.
Regardless of the spin KT, the poll shows the vast majority of the people like the man.  While I take these polls with a bit of a grain of salt, 80 odd percent is a hefty number.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/lightbox/entertainment/tv/4154202?KeepThis=true&
Report Spam   Logged
Magoo
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2010, 08:37:32 am »

When I see PH I have a mad urge to slap him.  I get the impression he is good to his mum though so that earns him a few brownie points from me.
Report Spam   Logged
nitpicker1
XNC2 GOD

Nothing sexceeds like sexcess

« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2010, 08:53:53 am »

Yep.
Regardless of the spin KT, the poll shows the vast majority of the people like the man.  While I take these polls with a bit of a grain of salt, 80 odd percent is a hefty number.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/lightbox/entertainment/tv/4154202?KeepThis=true&

SSSnnnooooort

polls aren't driven by supporters of the topic on social networking sites?

ya coulda fooled me. 
Report Spam   Logged

"Life might not be the party you were expecting, but you're here now, so you may as well get up and dance"
Magoo
« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2010, 09:10:14 am »

At least Paul Henry being a motor mouth covers up the fact that Pippa thingy has the personality of a housebrick.  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
guest49
« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2010, 09:18:47 am »

SSSnnnooooort

polls aren't driven by supporters of the topic on social networking sites?

ya coulda fooled me. 

Or detractors, perchance?
Report Spam   Logged
AnFaolchudubh

Faugh a ballagh!

« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2010, 02:38:10 pm »

So you must've voted overwhelmingly in favour of him then?!

Report Spam   Logged

Stupid people are not an endangered species so why are we protecting them
R. S. OhAllmurain
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2010, 03:04:40 pm »

So you must've voted overwhelmingly in favour of him then?!

Nope....I voted for one of the candidates from other political parties that he made extremely nasty sexist and racist comments about.

One of those candidates was Georgina Beyer (he made both sexist AND racist nasty comments about her).

The candidate I voted for was a Maori (standing for NZ First) who Paul Henry likewise made nasty racist comments about because he was a Maori. I wouldn't have even considered voting for that candidate until Paul Henry spouted his racist put-down at a public meeting. I wasn't at the meeting personally, but I heard all about it from people who were, and it was all over the local newspaper the following day. That would have been the 2002 general election.

The interesting thing is that local opinion polls commissioned by the Wairarapa Times-Age showed the Labour and National candidates (Georgina Beyer and Paul Henry respectively) to be neck-and-neck until that meeting (in Masterton Town Hall) where Paul Henry showed his TRUE racist and sexist self. After that, further opinion polls commissioned by the Wairarapa Times-Age showed support for the National candidate plummetting. I bet the Nats heirachy were totally pissed off with Paul Henry for that, but naturally they said nothing in public about it.
Report Spam   Logged

AnFaolchudubh

Faugh a ballagh!

« Reply #40 on: September 25, 2010, 03:10:50 pm »

Nope....I voted for one of the candidates from other political parties that he made extremely nasty sexist and racist comments about.

One of those candidates was Georgina Beyer (he made both sexist AND racist nasty comments about her).

The candidate I voted for was a Maori (standing for NZ First) who Paul Henry likewise made nasty racist comments about because he was a Maori. I wouldn't have even considered voting for that candidate until Paul Henry spouted his racist put-down at a public meeting. I wasn't at the meeting personally, but I heard all about it from people who were, and it was all over the local newspaper the following day. That would have been the 2002 general election.

The interesting thing is that local opinion polls commissioned by the Wairarapa Times-Age showed the Labour and National candidates (Georgina Beyer and Paul Henry respectively) to be neck-and-neck until that meeting (in Masterton Town Hall) where Paul Henry showed his TRUE racist and sexist self. After that, further opinion polls commissioned by the Wairarapa Times-Age showed support for the National candidate plummetting. I bet the Nats heirachy were totally pissed off with Paul Henry for that, but naturally they said nothing in public about it.

So he wasn't/ isn't popular with all the peasants and ri raff then!
Report Spam   Logged

Stupid people are not an endangered species so why are we protecting them
R. S. OhAllmurain
guest49
« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2010, 04:07:09 pm »

Paul Henry likewise made nasty racist comments about because he was a Maori

You can, of course, give some quotes?
Oh - Thats right, you wern't there. Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
Magoo
« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2010, 05:06:02 pm »

The candidate I voted for was a Maori (standing for NZ First) who Paul Henry likewise made nasty racist comments about because he was a Maori. I wouldn't have even considered voting for that candidate until Paul Henry spouted his racist put-down at a public meeting. I wasn't at the meeting personally, but I heard all about it from people who were,
So thats how some of these wankers get voted in.
Report Spam   Logged
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #43 on: September 25, 2010, 05:31:38 pm »

I will vote for the underdog if some tosser like Paul Henry is being a nasty racist, sexist arsehole and playing dirty tricks.

A lot of other people obviously felt the same way about his nasty racist, sexist arsehole comments, because all of a sudden, instead of the local Labour and National candidates being level pegging in local opinion polls (commissioned by the local Wairarapa daily newspaper), support for Paul Henry dropped off dramatically while support for Edwin Perry (the NZ First candidate) and Georgina Beyer (the Labour candidate) — the two targets of Paul Henry's nasty racist & sexist remarks — rose dramatically, and that was borne out by the actual poll results on election day when the National Party copped a real pasting in the Wairarapa electorate because of their candidate's nasty racist, sexist put-downs of other candidates. And until then, Paul Henry was well-liked in Wairarapa due to having been a popular breakfast radio jock for several years before he blotted his copy book in public like that. It certainly opened my eyes to his TRUE personna.

Paul Henry did that to both himself and the Nats by showing his TRUE colours at a “meet the candidates” pre-election public meeting.

Perhaps some people prefer the sort of dirty, nasty politics practised by Paul Henry in the 2002 general election?
Report Spam   Logged

Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #44 on: September 25, 2010, 05:33:37 pm »

Paul Henry likewise made nasty racist comments about because he was a Maori

You can, of course, give some quotes?
Oh - Thats right, you wern't there. Roll Eyes

I was told about it by people who WERE there.

And it was all over the front page of the Wairarapa Times-Age the following day.

Get your head out of the sand....Paul Henry let slip his TRUE colours during the 2002 general election campaign. And the results in the Wairarapa electorate graphically displayed what local people thought of his comments and attitude.
Report Spam   Logged

Magoo
« Reply #45 on: September 25, 2010, 05:43:58 pm »

I didn't think anyone took any notice of anything PH said.  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
guest49
« Reply #46 on: September 25, 2010, 06:05:28 pm »

I was told about it by people who WERE there.

Uh-Huh.   Roll Eyes

Actually, if I ever knew he was a candidate, I certainly forgot it early..........

Immaterial anyway.  I like the guy and his attitude to life.
Report Spam   Logged
akadaka
Part-Of-The-Furniture Member

« Reply #47 on: September 25, 2010, 06:13:29 pm »

bloddy hell it was 8 years ago kiwi,let it go and chill out Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Rather a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
ballasted moth

« Reply #48 on: September 25, 2010, 06:43:14 pm »

The person KTJ voted for is a good natured moron just wallpaper to support Winston's ego
Report Spam   Logged

Greens are really RED
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #49 on: September 25, 2010, 06:48:43 pm »

I actually wasn't all that interested in the 2002 general election until Paul Henry let rip with some nasty racist & sexist put-downs of other candidates in Masterton. I hadn't bothered to vote in the 1999 general election, and it is quite possible I wouldn't have bothered to vote in the 2002 general election either. That is until Paul Henry suddenly created underdogs by being an arsehole. So I got off my arse and voted and gave my electorate vote to one of those candidates who were on the receiving end of Paul Henry's nasty putdowns.

In 2005, it was the Exclusive Brethren who galvanised me into giving a vote to the political party they were slagging off at, even though those religious hypocrites banned their own flock from voting or taking part in politics. If they hadn't been behaving like hypocrites, I probably wouldn't even have bothered, but when religious shithead cultists try to influence a general election in the way they did while banning their own church members from taking part in the election, then I'll vote for the underdog they have created with their bypocrisy.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: