Xtra News Community 2
April 19, 2024, 12:15:43 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Breakfast big mouth strikes again

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Breakfast big mouth strikes again  (Read 5589 times)
donquixotenz
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

STILL TILTING

« Reply #200 on: October 10, 2010, 06:54:45 pm »

breakfast is dead R.I.P.
Report Spam   Logged

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body.

But rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming...

WOW, What a Ride!"

Please note: IMHO and e&oe apply to all my posts.
Bruno Bastardo
Bloody-Good Member

« Reply #201 on: October 10, 2010, 06:59:26 pm »

And what would you tell Germains in the 1930s? If you don't like Hitler turn the radio off?

Even Henry finally admits he went too far. A bit late, but better than nothing.
Report Spam   Logged

Australia would be an even greater place if it wasn't for all the bloody Aussies who live there
guest49
« Reply #202 on: October 10, 2010, 07:04:45 pm »

Paul Henry made some stupid remarks about one persons name and it turns into an International furore and countless people are demeaned, diminished and traumatised by his comments.   Harawira insulted every mother in New Zealand and came out smelling like a rose.  Summat wrong with this picture.

Paul Henry put his foot in it at a time when India was looking for a reason to divert attention from the shocking job they have made of the Commonwealth Games.

They succeeded thanks to Henry.

I wouldnt expect so - most of the world doesnt even know NZ exists.  What a show host says in an obscure part of the world that no-one has heard of, rates about .00005 on the scale of things.
Report Spam   Logged
Bruno Bastardo
Bloody-Good Member

« Reply #203 on: October 10, 2010, 07:07:42 pm »

Paul Henry made some stupid remarks about one persons name and it turns into an International furore and countless people are demeaned, diminished and traumatised by his comments.   Harawira insulted every mother in New Zealand and came out smelling like a rose.  Summat wrong with this picture.

Paul Henry put his foot in it at a time when India was looking for a reason to divert attention from the shocking job they have made of the Commonwealth Games.

They succeeded thanks to Henry.

I wouldnt expect so - most of the world doesnt even know NZ exists.  What a show host says in an obscure part of the world that no-one has heard of, rates about .00005 on the scale of things.

Well, so far the story has made the BBC and CNN. No doubt the resignation will get an airing as well.
Report Spam   Logged

Australia would be an even greater place if it wasn't for all the bloody Aussies who live there
guest49
« Reply #204 on: October 10, 2010, 07:19:05 pm »

Yet another poll.

Did Paul Henry make the right decision resigning from TVNZ?
Yes
1956 votes, 38.5%

No
3120 votes, 61.5%

Total 5076

61.5% and climbing.
[jumped from 59 to 61.5 in last 10 minutes]
Report Spam   Logged
Crusader
« Reply #205 on: October 10, 2010, 09:15:59 pm »

DIKSHIT
LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL
Report Spam   Logged
nitpicker1
XNC2 GOD

Nothing sexceeds like sexcess

« Reply #206 on: October 10, 2010, 09:44:59 pm »

Hooper no longer least liked Kiwi in DelhiNZPA
October 9, 2010, 6:55 am

NZPA

A week ago Commonwealth Games Federation chief executive Michael Hooper was the New Zealander least liked in Delhi, now he's being asked his opinion on his replacement -- TVNZ broadcaster Paul Henry.

Mr Hooper had effigies of himself burnt in the streets of New Delhi and was branded a racist, after reports in India quoted him as having said Delhi's "population hazard" hampered the organisation of the Games.

Protesters yelled "Leave Michael Hooper, go back, go back!", as they burned his image.

Heat was added to the effigy burning when it was said Mr Hooper was living a lavish lifestyle in Delhi, with a stipend and servants paid for by the Indian taxpayer through the organising committee.

Now, Henry is the New Zealander hitting the Delhi headlines, with every major newspaper today mentioning on the front page his comments about the city's Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit.

Mr Hooper and federation president Mike Fennell were today questioned about Henry at the Commonwealth Games press conference they hold daily.

Usually blunt, Mr Hooper chose his words carefully, but it was apparent he felt remarks Henry made about Ms Dikshit and Delhi were offensive.

"I think unfortunate comments that are made, such as the one from the reporter are being addressed appropriately by his employer," he said.

"I don't think New Zealand's reputation has been damaged in any way, this is an individual who has made certain comments and that will be looked into by his employer.

"New Zealand is a great country and I am proud of it, and I would welcome all Indians to come and see it one day."

Henry's remarks escalated into a diplomatic tiff that yesterday saw New Zealand High Commissioner Rupert Holborow in Delhi summoned by the Indian Government, then issue an apology.

Mr Fennell told the press conference he was unaware of the furore spilling over into the Games, or affecting New Zealand athletes.

"There is no indication of that, whatsoever."

India told Mr Holborow it was annoyed at comments made by Henry about Ms Dikshit, whose name he mocked.

Mr Holborow was handed a demarche, a formal protest.

The Hindustan Times reported that senior external affairs ministry official Vijaya Latha Reddy last week "consciously" stayed away from a lunch in honour of Governor-General Sir Anand Satyanand in reaction to Henry's comments.

Sir Anand has himself been the victim of Henry's barbs, who asked if he was "even a New Zealander" and whether the next governor-general would "look and sound like a New Zealander".

Sir Anand is in Delhi for the Games, and addressed the New Zealand team on the eve of the opening ceremony.

http://nz.news.yahoo.com/a/-/top-stories/8101287/hooper-no-longer-least-liked-kiwi-in-delhi

http://nz.news.yahoo.com/polls/popup/-/poll_id/57305

Yes   57%  6824 votes 
No   36%  4323 votes 
Not sure   7%  807 votes 

Report Spam   Logged

"Life might not be the party you were expecting, but you're here now, so you may as well get up and dance"
beaker
Senator
Part-Of-The-Furniture Member

« Reply #207 on: October 10, 2010, 10:14:56 pm »

The only upside in all of this for me is that I'll start getting to work on time... now there's nothing to watch in the mornings.
Report Spam   Logged

This job is a test . . . It is only a test . . . Had this been a real job . . . it would have come with raises, promotions and other signs of appreciation!!!
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #208 on: October 10, 2010, 11:43:31 pm »

Key will stay on Breakfast
Newstalk ZB October 10, 2010, 2:17 pm

John Key says he will continue to front TVNZ's Breakfast show every week.

Of course he will, because John Key is too lightweight to risk fronting on REAL news programs such as Radio NZ National's Morning Report where he would be ripped to shreds and exposed for the hollow political shell he really is. I notice John Key is also really averse to fronting up to Mary Wilson, also at Radio NZ. She would likewise rip him to shreds and expose how lightweight he really is.

He has occasionally been interviewed on Newstalk ZB, but I'm picking that will now change because Sean Plunket who used to co-host Radio NZ National's Morning Report will shortly be starting on Newstalk ZB and John Key knows Sean Plunket would expose him and rip his lightweight principles to shreds, which is no doubt the reason why John Key has seldom appeared on Morning Report, and then the few times he has appeared (about half-a-dozen times since he became PM) it has been while Sean Plunket has been on leave. 

John Key appears on TVNZ's Breakfast because it is a lightweight show where he doesn't have to come up with REAL substance and can get away with his lightweight principles where the ONLY thing that counts is how he looks in the mirror and the polls. Plus, up until now he has had his mate, Paul Henry to contend with, someone who won't ask him awkward questions.
Report Spam   Logged

If you aren't living life on the edge, you're taking up too much space! 
Magoo
« Reply #209 on: October 11, 2010, 07:15:57 am »

Who watched Breakfast this morning?     No TV going here this morning.
Report Spam   Logged
Crusader
« Reply #210 on: October 11, 2010, 07:42:44 am »

Yeah I did, only because I like to watch the news whilst I iron my uniform. There isn't any other channel that offers that.
Report Spam   Logged
Magoo
« Reply #211 on: October 11, 2010, 08:02:55 am »

Fair nuff.    Grin  This too will pass.    Hope you haven't got torrential rain up there like we have here right now.  That would undo your creases.
Report Spam   Logged
AnFaolchudubh
Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

Faugh a ballagh!

« Reply #212 on: October 11, 2010, 08:14:25 am »

It is interesting that if this woman's name was Síle O’ Dikshit (Síle= proper spelling of Shelia) and she was Irish with red hair, freckles and pale white skin, we'd all be in here wetting ourselves laughing and saying fiddle e dee potatoes, even bruno and the GG wouldn't have even turned a hair over it... but she wasn't.

Hone makes a racist slur and the GG says that he has a right to as it is freedom of speech etc, theres a small amount of uproar and he's still got his job... PH asks if the GG is a NZer and the GG and others start yelling racist etc!

PH did a silly thing, in hind site, but what it did do was show us as who we really are... humans, we are not as perfect here in NZ as we like to make out to the rest of the world, whether we like it or not even if PH didn't behave the way he did many joe citizens would have. I realise that is not the point PH is a public figure. But my point is that it's fact, we only scream racism on mass when the person who is being ridiculed etc is of the none white skin colour.... double standards and hypocracy NZ!

Report Spam   Logged

Stupid people are not an endangered species so why are we protecting them
R. S. OhAllmurain
Crusader
« Reply #213 on: October 11, 2010, 08:26:41 am »

It is interesting that if this woman's name was Síle O’ Dikshit (Síle= proper spelling of Shelia) and she was Irish with red hair, freckles and pale white skin, we'd all be in here wetting ourselves laughing and saying fiddle e dee potatoes, even bruno and the GG wouldn't have even turned a hair over it... but she wasn't.

Hone makes a racist slur and the GG says that he has a right to as it is freedom of speech etc, theres a small amount of uproar and he's still got his job... PH asks if the GG is a NZer and the GG and others start yelling racist etc!

PH did a silly thing, in hind site, but what it did do was show us as who we really are... humans, we are not as perfect here in NZ as we like to make out to the rest of the world, whether we like it or not even if PH didn't behave the way he did many joe citizens would have. I realise that is not the point PH is a public figure. But my point is that it's fact, we only scream racism on mass when the person who is being ridiculed etc is of the none white skin colour.... double standards and hypocracy NZ!

Fair nuff.    Grin  This too will pass.    Hope you haven't got torrential rain up there like we have here right now.  That would undo your creases.

Nah it is a fine day here in the sunshine capital of NZ. Bit of a frost this morning though. There goes next season's grapes.
Report Spam   Logged
dragontamer
« Reply #214 on: October 11, 2010, 08:38:14 am »

There is blue sky coming in from the South Auntie Goo.  Should reach you in the next few minutes.  Of course, it's pissing down with the sunshine, but meh....

Looking forward to a wind shift to the northeast.  I'm done with cold.
Report Spam   Logged
Magoo
« Reply #215 on: October 11, 2010, 09:17:00 am »

Have an applaud.
Report Spam   Logged
Magoo
« Reply #216 on: October 11, 2010, 09:20:07 am »

There is blue sky coming in from the South Auntie Goo.  Should reach you in the next few minutes.  Of course, it's pissing down with the sunshine, but meh....

Looking forward to a wind shift to the northeast.  I'm done with cold.
Tis positively pisculating down here. Look up and blow harder please because I have to go out very soon. 
Report Spam   Logged
dragontamer
« Reply #217 on: October 11, 2010, 09:27:41 am »

Have an applaud.

If he had done the sensible thing and kept his head down for a wee while after the GG gaff, he wouldn't be in this boat.  Instead he seemed to have the mindset that "If you think that was outrageous, look what I can do with this".  He could have got away with a raised eyebrow and a side comment (after pronouncing the name the way he had been told to pronounce it) of "Golly - the spelling of that could cause some trouble for the unwary" or some such.  He would have got his point across (whatever it may have been) and given no fodder to the headhunters.  Then, further down the track he could have tripped on his merry way insulting all and sundry with just the occasional bleat.

Just for the record I think most of the complainers are just being precious.  But he should have thought first.  Just because it runs through your head, doesn't mean it should come out your mouth.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 09:33:27 am by dragontamer » Report Spam   Logged
AnFaolchudubh

Faugh a ballagh!

« Reply #218 on: October 11, 2010, 02:46:54 pm »

Have an applaud.

If he had done the sensible thing and kept his head down for a wee while after the GG gaff, he wouldn't be in this boat.  Instead he seemed to have the mindset that "If you think that was outrageous, look what I can do with this".  He could have got away with a raised eyebrow and a side comment (after pronouncing the name the way he had been told to pronounce it) of "Golly - the spelling of that could cause some trouble for the unwary" or some such.  He would have got his point across (whatever it may have been) and given no fodder to the headhunters.  Then, further down the track he could have tripped on his merry way insulting all and sundry with just the occasional bleat.

Just for the record I think most of the complainers are just being precious.  But he should have thought first.  Just because it runs through your head, doesn't mean it should come out your mouth.

I agree, old irish saying, many a man has hand his nose broken by the flapping of his own tongue, PH got to cocky pushed the boundries and nothing really happened in the past, but this time it was once too often.

As a work mate said, "he's an arogant prick, but I like him"
Report Spam   Logged

Stupid people are not an endangered species so why are we protecting them
R. S. OhAllmurain
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #219 on: October 11, 2010, 08:24:41 pm »

Who watched Breakfast this morning?     No TV going here this morning.

Not me.

Breakfast is light-weight rubbish entertainment pretending to be news, as it has always been no matter who has been fronting it (which is probably why John Key prefers to appear on Breakfast instead of fronting up to REAL news programs).

I listened to Radio New Zealand National's Morning Report (as I usually do) for REAL news and in-depth discussion about the news.
Report Spam   Logged

Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #220 on: October 11, 2010, 08:25:56 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #221 on: October 11, 2010, 08:26:11 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #222 on: October 11, 2010, 08:26:40 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

Brownie55
Global Moderator

OK, so what’s the speed of dark?

« Reply #223 on: October 11, 2010, 10:12:21 pm »

This is interesting ...watch it through to the part where Sheila Dikshit is asked how nher name is pronounced. 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sspaeeurl0A&feature=player_embedded
Report Spam   Logged

I almost had a psychic boyfriend, but he left me before we met.
dragontamer
« Reply #224 on: October 12, 2010, 08:25:31 am »

On Tuesday, 7 September, Paul Henry apparently said something to the effect of "maori not yet having their hands out after the quake".  I say apparently because I didn't see it, but I was talking to one who did.  She also emailed TVNZ as did a lot of others she knew. 

While they are discussing the GG and Dikshit sagas, TVNZ are extremely quiet on the above comment, even though this woman is adamant that there were dozens of emails from her immediate contacts.  She estimated that the 'email tree' that resulted would account for a good portion of the 200 complaints TVNZ are referring to and yet were sent prior to both of the GGG and Dikshit sagas. 

Or does this mean that there are even more complaints than TVNZ are admit, and it is more a case of 'three strikes, your out'.

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: