Xtra News Community 2
April 19, 2024, 11:08:33 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Breakfast big mouth strikes again

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Breakfast big mouth strikes again  (Read 5594 times)
Magoo
« Reply #225 on: October 17, 2010, 06:20:02 am »

Why am I not surprised that the children and elderly mother of PH were dragged into this.  Wouldn't it be an interesting exercise to look into the lives of the sticky beaks.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/celebrities/4241678/Paul-Henrys-daughters-targeted-by-hate-mail

Paul Henry's daughters targeted by hate mail
Sunday News
Last updated 05:00 17/10/2010

Disgraced TV star Paul Henry's family received threats in the furore following his questioning of whether Governor-General Sir Anand Satyanand was a real New Zealander.

A source said the former TVNZ breakfast host was horrified when his daughters – Lucy, Sophie and Bella – and elderly mum, Olive, were targeted by his haters.

"He has always attracted his fair share of, shall we say, 'nutty' emails and letters but Paul was very concerned by the tone of some of what he was receiving, especially because it specifically identified his daughters and mother," the source told Sunday News.

Henry quit TVNZ last Sunday after being suspended without pay by his employer earlier that week following a flood of criticism and complaints.

He had asked Prime Minister John Key if he was going to pick someone "who looks and sounds more like a New Zealander" as the next Governor-General.

It followed Henry's mocking and mispronouncing Delhi chief minister Sheila Dikshit's name several times, despite being told it should be pronounced "Dixit".

TVNZ received more than 600 complaints and the comments sparked outrage all the way to India.

New Zealand's High Commissioner Rupert Holborrow was called in by the Indian foreign ministry and handed a demarche, a formal protest.

He was told India "strongly and unequivocally denounces the racist remarks of the journalist in question".

"These remarks are totally unacceptable to India". Dikshit had been hailed as the saviour of the Delhi Games, having stepped in when teams threatened to pull out of the games when the poor state of the athletes accommodation was exposed.

When he announced hisresignation Henry, well known for his controversial remarks – once labelling singer Susan Boyle a "retard" and saying a female guest on his show had a moustache – acknowledged he'd "crossed the line" by questioning whether Satyanand was a genuine Kiwi. "I am astonished and dismayed that my comments created a diplomatic incident. My style is conversational and, of course, unscripted," he said in a statement.

"I walk the finest of lines and accept that I have inadvertently crossed it from time to time.

"I am grateful to the thousands of people who have offered to support me. I hope they understand and accept an extraordinary convergence of circumstances has made this action necessary.

Does this man look like a New Zealander?
Does this man look like a Fijian Indian?
Is this man fat?

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: