Xtra News Community 2
April 16, 2024, 04:57:17 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Breakfast big mouth strikes again

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Breakfast big mouth strikes again  (Read 5580 times)
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2010, 03:04:40 pm »

That is the “lowest common demoninator being the most popular with the peasants & riff-raff” syndrome producing that result.

So you must've voted overwhelmingly in favour of him then?!

Nope....I voted for one of the candidates from other political parties that he made extremely nasty sexist and racist comments about.

One of those candidates was Georgina Beyer (he made both sexist AND racist nasty comments about her).

The candidate I voted for was a Maori (standing for NZ First) who Paul Henry likewise made nasty racist comments about because he was a Maori. I wouldn't have even considered voting for that candidate until Paul Henry spouted his racist put-down at a public meeting. I wasn't at the meeting personally, but I heard all about it from people who were, and it was all over the local newspaper the following day. That would have been the 2002 general election.

The interesting thing is that local opinion polls commissioned by the Wairarapa Times-Age showed the Labour and National candidates (Georgina Beyer and Paul Henry respectively) to be neck-and-neck until that meeting (in Masterton Town Hall) where Paul Henry showed his TRUE racist and sexist self. After that, further opinion polls commissioned by the Wairarapa Times-Age showed support for the National candidate plummetting. I bet the Nats heirachy were totally pissed off with Paul Henry for that, but naturally they said nothing in public about it.
Report Spam   Logged

If you aren't living life on the edge, you're taking up too much space! 

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: