Xtra News Community 2
March 29, 2024, 04:48:39 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Labours credit card bills...

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Labours credit card bills...  (Read 1927 times)
Justic
Global Moderator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #125 on: June 27, 2010, 01:26:16 pm »

Want to borrow a hard hat and steel vest Bruno ?
Report Spam   Logged

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."
Bruno Bastardo
Bloody-Good Member

« Reply #126 on: June 27, 2010, 02:31:28 pm »

Brownie doesn't try to justify anything, she just runs and hides.

Well well look who has egg all over his face again. 
Isn't it wonderful how the nats are so high in the polls while labour are forever slipping backwards into oblivion.

perhaps bruno is also Mikey on the TM message board..he posts just the same rubbish here.

First I'm Magpie, now Mikey, who else could I be? The Scarlet Pimpernel perhaps?

They seek me here, they seek me there.......those righties seek me everywhere.....

Brownie's belief apparently is that so long as the government is popular, it must be right.

Remember, O Brown one, how popular Kevin Rudd was in Australia? Also try reading the poll results with both eyes open. Not only do they show Labour's popularity rising, but the gap between Centre-left and Centre-right, the only important figure in an MMP environment, is closing.

A week is a long time in politics Brownie, There is plenty of time for your smug smile and that of your leader who can apparently do no wrong, to be wiped off your silly faces.
Report Spam   Logged

Australia would be an even greater place if it wasn't for all the bloody Aussies who live there
Bruno Bastardo
Bloody-Good Member

« Reply #127 on: June 27, 2010, 02:33:03 pm »

What to beat this lot? You must be joking. A team of intellectual lightweights who couldn't produce a decent argument to save themselves.
Report Spam   Logged

Australia would be an even greater place if it wasn't for all the bloody Aussies who live there
Brownie55
Global Moderator
Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

OK, so what’s the speed of dark?

« Reply #128 on: June 27, 2010, 02:35:45 pm »

What to beat this lot? You must be joking. A team of intellectual lightweights who couldn't produce a decent argument to save themselves.

Did you steal these posts from someone else and once again claim them as your own?
Must be very insecure to have to do that.....
pmsl
Report Spam   Logged

I almost had a psychic boyfriend, but he left me before we met.
nitpicker1
XNC2 GOD

Nothing sexceeds like sexcess

« Reply #129 on: June 27, 2010, 02:53:52 pm »

remember the Uncle Remus storybook, and brer Fox and brer Rabbit  ?   

Was brer Bruno born and bred in the briar patch like brer Rabbit?   

Memory tickler http://www.americanfolklore.net/folktales/ga2.html
Report Spam   Logged

"Life might not be the party you were expecting, but you're here now, so you may as well get up and dance"
Bruno Bastardo
Bloody-Good Member

« Reply #130 on: June 30, 2010, 09:48:03 am »

Wonder who is paying for our beloved leader to go swanning off to the veldt to watch a game of soccer? Any ideas, Brownie?

Since John Key doesnt take a PM pay, then I guess he is entitled to spend that money in other area's.

Key does take a PM's pay. He happens to be in the fortunate position of being able to give it away.

Unless you have very loose morals, Crusader, that doesn't give him the right to spend taxpayers' money swanning off to a football match. I see he wanted to stay on to watch the game against Paraguay!  It's amazing how the National toadies on this forum will find excuses for their idols, what a pack of idiots.

Actually he paid for it out of his own pocket, for him and his boy. They were talking about it on the radio. And since when did giving away your salary be for those with loose morals? But then again you seem to be the type to champion those thief's out there who sign other peoples paintings as there own.

Hmmm, it now appears he did it out of the taxpayers' pocket using his Flybuys. Not a good look, Crusader.
Report Spam   Logged

Bruno Bastardo
Bloody-Good Member

« Reply #131 on: June 30, 2010, 09:50:01 am »

remember the Uncle Remus storybook, and brer Fox and brer Rabbit  ?   

Was brer Bruno born and bred in the briar patch like brer Rabbit?   

Memory tickler http://www.americanfolklore.net/folktales/ga2.html

Sorry, you've lost me again. You seem an okay person, but your brain goes AWOL occasionally, I think.
Report Spam   Logged

Crusader
« Reply #132 on: June 30, 2010, 10:06:15 am »

Wonder who is paying for our beloved leader to go swanning off to the veldt to watch a game of soccer? Any ideas, Brownie?

Since John Key doesnt take a PM pay, then I guess he is entitled to spend that money in other area's.

Key does take a PM's pay. He happens to be in the fortunate position of being able to give it away.

Unless you have very loose morals, Crusader, that doesn't give him the right to spend taxpayers' money swanning off to a football match. I see he wanted to stay on to watch the game against Paraguay!  It's amazing how the National toadies on this forum will find excuses for their idols, what a pack of idiots.

Actually he paid for it out of his own pocket, for him and his boy. They were talking about it on the radio. And since when did giving away your salary be for those with loose morals? But then again you seem to be the type to champion those thief's out there who sign other peoples paintings as there own.

Hmmm, it now appears he did it out of the taxpayers' pocket using his Flybuys. Not a good look, Crusader.

I'm still waiting to find out how using Flybuys disadvantages taxpayers? Please enlighten me.
Report Spam   Logged
Bruno Bastardo
Bloody-Good Member

« Reply #133 on: June 30, 2010, 10:25:15 am »

It doesn't. But using the in the manner Cabinet Ministers have been doing, clearly is against the rule that no Minister should benefit personally from spending taxpayers' money.

Is this a good look, Crusader?
Report Spam   Logged

Crusader
« Reply #134 on: June 30, 2010, 10:35:44 am »

It may not be a good look but if it doesn't disadvantage the taxpayer who cares? My friends neighbours rort ACC where they claim ACC yet still work (panel beater) out of their garage. I think you would find their are far worse people who actually disadvantage taxpayers that the media should concentrate on and to show I am not a National party bias I do include Chris Carter and Shane Jones on this as what they did is no where near as bad as other people in this country. The media treatment of Carter was disgusting and typical lazy journo's that find the easy prey in MP's without doing any hard work.
Report Spam   Logged
Magoo
« Reply #135 on: July 01, 2010, 05:06:50 pm »

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/3875559/Cut-MPs-travel-perk-report

Cut MPs' travel perk - report
By CLAIRE TREVETT - Stuff
Last updated 15:53 01/07/2010

A review of politicians' expenses has proposed stripping MPs of their international holidays perk and instead giving them a 10 per cent salary hike.

The report also recommends restricting spousal travel - which is currently unlimited - and preventing new MPs claiming public funding for accommodation they own or rent from their own family trust or other MPs.

The triennial review by former Speaker Sir Doug Kidd and Philip Barry was released today and recommends taking a scythe to the perks of MPs and more clearly splitting out what is a perk and what is a genuine business cost.

It said there was "no good reason" to retain a perk that gives MPs discounted international travel for their holidays - something which was not done in any comparable country.

It suggested instead that MPs' salaries be increased by about 10 per cent to compensate for losing the perk.

The panel also said an external body should take over setting benefits for MPs, rather than allowing them to do so themselves. While such suggestions have been made in previous years there has always been resistance and instead the Parliamentary Services Commission - a closed-door committee of MPs from all parties and the Speaker - has done so.

Further suggestions included a major revamp of the allowances claimed by MPs for accommodation while they are in Wellington. The report said new MPs should not claim public funding for houses they or an interested party - such as a fellow MP or family trust, owned - saying it exposed them to the perception they were seeking to get personal benefit from the public purse.

However, current MPs in such arrangements should be allowed to continue until their time in Parliament ended. If the practice was not stopped completely, reimbursement should be capped at 80 per cent of the market value rental.

They recommend also that MPs who own their own homes in Wellington no longer be able to claim for mortgage interest payments.

The report noted that the Speaker was also reviewing the Wellington accommodation allowance and was likely to make changes. While ministers were  transferred onto a bulk funding scheme last year rather than having housing provided or actual expenses reimbursed, MPs remain on a hotch-potch of arrangements depending whether they rent, stay in a hotel or own their own home.

The report said changes were needed to stop increases in the total spending on MPs allowances because of the current economic climate.

It said "piecemeal" changes would not suffice and it would be "highly desirable" for the Speaker and Parliament to lead the reforms it proposed through and for the new regime to begin after the next general election.

The Speaker and Parliamentary Services Commission are also reviewing some entitlements, including travel perks and accommodation allowances for MPs.

The review is a regular three-yearly one but this was the first review since expenses began to be released on a quarterly basis last year.

If they can't have it one way they will have it the other..........
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: