Xtra News Community 2
March 29, 2024, 09:06:15 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

My Kitten is a Tart

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My Kitten is a Tart  (Read 2895 times)
Alicat
« on: February 23, 2009, 09:10:25 pm »

I have an almost 9 month old Burmese Kitten called Bailey. She is SUCH a wee tart. She met her Aunty Dragontamer and family today and was a right little flirt.

My family stayed for a few days over the weekend and she milked the extra attention for all it was worth.

When I had her in the car (on my knee) a few weeks ago when I headed up to the Bay, I was stopped by the Police for a routine alcohol breath testing stop. As soon as I wound my window down, Bailey smooched the Cop.

She's a TART.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 05:28:58 pm by Alicat » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Ferney
Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2009, 09:58:40 pm »

Ooh a cat thread.   I'd love a burmese but worry someone would steal it.   I used to have a burmese cross or the vet we got her from, said she was.  She was black and slinkly and had the nature of the burmese.   She used to come for walks with me around the block.   
Report Spam   Logged
Shef
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2009, 04:14:27 am »

My cat's the opposite Ali. He is very much a one person cat, but he is warming to middle daughter (if he's in the mood he will let her pat him).

I was really worried moving back to HB. We live on an intersection which (by rural standards) is quite busy, on the station we had the farm vehicles and school bus and maybe one or two cars a day go by. So I am relieved that he's quite happy to stick around the house, and if he does wander off for a walk, goes over the paddocks.

Geeze Ferney, it's hard to believe that I've had him 5 years in june
Report Spam   Logged

Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get.
Alicat
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2009, 09:58:22 am »

My Siamese Girl is a one person cat. She's mine mine mine! Holly is 13 years old and has always looked on me as her personal possession. She hates sharing me with the 3 Burmese. Being a Siamese she really frowns on their antics. Having said that, she and Zara are extremely close. Holly is a lovely and very dignified lady but quite the snob!

Zara is a 10 year old Cream Burmese - she's quite reserved for her breed. The only people who can really get close to her apart from me are my flatmate and my immediate family.

Yogi is a 6 year old Seal Burmese. He's a brat! I love him to bits but what a bloody handful he is!

Bailey is the baby. She's 8 months old and is a Chocolate Burmese. She was COMPLETELY unplanned. When I went to collect a little Seal Burmese Girl for my parents from Palmerston North, the Breeder had 3 litters - 12 kittens in total. There were a mixture of gorgeous colours, all with lovely personalities. There was something about this wee Chocolate Girl that caught my eye. I can't even say what it was. I resisted for about 7 weeks but weakened in the end. I'm so glad Bailey came to live here. She's a wee wag - full on, but very very smoochy.

As far as being scared of any of them being stolen, they seem to be very much aware of stranger danger. None of my lot will go to anyone outside other than me, my flatmate or immediate family. Even people they know, they shy away from outside, unless I'm there.
Report Spam   Logged
dragontamer
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2009, 05:17:02 pm »

Baileys lufferly  Grin

Yogi was very unimpressed to find a teenage boy snoozing on the floor of the lounge.  He wanted that thing out lol.
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2009, 06:23:32 pm »

Yogi was very unimpressed to find a teenage boy snoozing on the floor of the lounge.  He wanted that thing out lol.

Yogi had already been invaded by a 10 month Burmese kitten who had only gone home that morning. Yogi needs to get over himself!

It was sooooooooooooooo funny to watch though.
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2009, 06:24:48 pm »

Baileys lufferly  Grin

I've gone and done it now!

Bailey has been entered in the Domion Short Hair Cat Show in Lower Hutt on Saturday 4 April. I'll be interested to see if the little tart flirts with the judges.
Report Spam   Logged
TokGal
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2009, 11:23:04 am »

Lol, tell her it's not a show, it's a casting couch and she's sure to win.  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2009, 11:40:14 am »

Lol, tell her it's not a show, it's a casting couch and she's sure to win.  Wink

It's going to be an interesting experience. I think Bailey will cotton on to the 'look at me' opportunities. Like I say, she is a TART!
Report Spam   Logged
dragontamer
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2009, 07:25:13 am »

She's got the looks to go with the lovely personality, so I think she will do really well.  To be honest, she is far prettier and more stable (human friendly) than Miss 16's bosses cats, and they bring home all the top ribbons.  The only cat of hers that is even remotely like Bailey is Tiffy, and they won't show her because she's too big.  But she has the gorgeous personality to go with the pretty body.
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2009, 05:05:26 pm »

I took Holly for her annual check up and vaccinations this morning. Her appointment was with Fiona who looked after my Sam when he was so ill a few years back. I took Bailey so she could meet her. Naturally it was love at first sight!

Holly needs a dental and will probably lose a tooth if not 2 teeth. Otherwise, she is in good nic although she was terribly precious about the 'inappropriate touching' which would have been heinously worse had it been a MALE Vet. Bailey kept getting up on the bench to comfort her sister, and to get between Fiona and Holly!

Bailey kept jumping up on Fiona's knee and assisting her typing up the notes. Once Bailey ahd finished been cuddled and admired by Fiona, she was passed around the rest of the staff.

Like I say .... my kitten is a TART!
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2009, 11:04:23 pm »

My flatmate is out of town at the moment so the poor cats are being curfewed more than usual. I leave for work at 5.30am while on early shift and that was way too early for me to let the cats out. My lovely neighbour agreed to pop over at 9.00am both days over the weekend to open the door leading to the cat door. When I popped over to collect the keys after work, my neighbour said that it took her about half an hour to get away from the house once she had opened the door for them cos Bailey had launched herself through the air to land on her shoulder to demand cuddles. She couldn't get away until Bailey was ready.

Bailey has a daily ritual here ... as soon as I get up she demands intensive smooches until she's finished. When the next person gets up (my flatmate) she goes through the same routine. When Mum and Dad (or any other visitors) are staying, they each get the same ritual.

Did I mention Bailey was a tart?
Report Spam   Logged
dragontamer
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2009, 06:25:58 am »

ROFLMAO

At least you know if any catnapper tried anything, your neighbour would be right up there in the front line fighting tooth and nail.

Bailey may be a tart, but she has a loyal fanbase.  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2009, 07:36:44 am »

ROFLMAO

At least you know if any catnapper tried anything, your neighbour would be right up there in the front line fighting tooth and nail.

Bailey may be a tart, but she has a loyal fanbase.  Grin

I've never known a kitten before who has received so many visitors - just for her!

When Bailey was allowed out for the first time she was on restricted time outside. Being a nosey Burmese, she went wandering but stayed fairly close to home - either her own property or the next door neighbours. She was brought home by this particular neighbour after there was a commotion in her fenced off backyard. When she went outside there was Bailey being baled up by her 2 large dogs. Bailey was okay but bottle-brushed along her back and tail. Poor Bailey was growling quietly was snogging the neighbour. That was back in December. Everytime the neighbour visits, Bailey gets a bottle brush tail and back. There's no growling. In spite of the bottle brush, Bailey runs at her and gives her the full on smooch.
Report Spam   Logged
ssweetpea
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2009, 09:44:25 am »

I wonder if Sally has been giving lessons via the internet at night.

I just tried to do some gardening. Now Sally, with Minnie, usually hang around while I weed and dig about but at a distance of 2 or 3 metres away.

This morning Sally wasn't that far away, she was so close that she risked getting a garden fork through the paw and was talking the whole time. I would pick her up (Sally is not a cuddly cat), give her a smooch and a rub, put her down and she would be under my feet again brring brrrrrring brrrrrrrring rrrrrrrrrrurp before I could pick up the fork.

Sally has been a bit clingy since Minnie passed on.
Report Spam   Logged

The way politicians run this country a small white cat should have no problem http://sally4mp.blogspot.com/
Alicat
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2009, 12:26:35 pm »

Sally's probably grieving in her own way. Either that, or she's trying to comfort you. I guess none of us will ever really know how the feline mind works.
Report Spam   Logged
chrismrky

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2009, 08:15:52 pm »

I guess none of us will ever really know how the feline mind works.

On that note I have a   smallish problem with my cat.  He's a fixed 2year old, mixed breed but definitely with something  exotic in him.   Really smoochy,  lovely personality,  extremely intelligent  (he gets bored easily and will get up to mischief if not paid attention!!)

anyhooo..... he has a habit of bring 'things' home at night!!   we leave the bathroom window open for him and our other 'common tabby' cat  (she is NOT common however, far too princessessy for that)  and he brings things home,  list so far...

it started when he was a kitten he used to bring me the bottlebrush flowers off the tree next door.  like four or five a day

also brought home several mens working socks.........ugggg NOT washed Lips sealed
hair ties from the little girls next door that they left on the lawn
a pair of pink underwear  Roll Eyes from same neighbour Shocked
slipper from said neighbours children
a pair of mens underpants that that obviously gone through the lawnmover!!!!!!!!!!! Huh
a small cuddly toy  (now I sound like Bruce Forsythe) Cool
and today a cap

now the fact that he gathers these things is weird,  the fact that he manages to squeeze most of them in through the window is astounding.
it does however make for a nerve wracking morning for me, as I am the first one up (5am) and I never know what I am going to find. 

that list of course does not include all the 'Live' captures he has brought in.

i have a kleptomanic for a cat...........what am I going to do   LOL Grin

Report Spam   Logged

today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday....is it really been that bad today?

If we can put two men on the moon.....why cant we put the whole lot there? eh?
Shef
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2009, 09:31:53 pm »

have a kleptomanic for a cat...........what am I going to do   

Open an op shop Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get.
dragontamer
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2009, 06:59:00 am »

Hehe Chris, I knew a lab that was a klepto.  So thank your lucky stars the cat is limited by his size.  The lab brought home jeans, sweaters and once a lilo (though that was a bit of a disaster).  His owner used to spread the stuff out on the front lawn for the neighbours to collect their stuff back which drove Jip mad -  they were his!!!! (the damaged lilo was quietly disposed of though).
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2009, 04:08:16 pm »

I guess none of us will ever really know how the feline mind works.
i have a kleptomanic for a cat...........what am I going to do   LOL Grin

It goes along the lines of ... 'you have the right to remain silent ... anything you do say ... etcetc'

PMSL <a href="http://plugin.smileycentral.com/http%253A%252F%252Fwww.smileycentral.com%252F%253Fpartner%253DZSzeb008%255FZNxpt485YYNZ%2526i%253D36%252F36%255F11%255F6%2526feat%253Dprof/page.html" target="_blank">SmileyCentral.com" border="0
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2009, 04:20:42 pm »

My first Siamese was a klepto. She'd steal money - not coins like a lot of Siamese - notes - $10, $20 etc. She would always go for the inside pocket of mens jackets and take their wallets. She was not in the slightest discrete about it either.

My current Siamese used to break into houses to steal what she fancied. It was through her stealing that I met my (then) new neighbours. I knocked on their front door and it went something like this:-

Me: Is this yours?
Them: Where did you get that?
Me: Before I answer that, where was it?
Them: In our lounge.
Me: Oh - my cat brought it home.
Them: Is that the Siamese?
Me: Yes.
Them: We've seen her in here before.
Me: Sorry, she's a kleptomaniac.
Them: That's okay - she's lovely isn't she?

Next day:

Me: Hi, me again. Just returning this.
Them: What a funny wee soul.
Me: Yep - funny alright.
Them: She must really want it if she wants to steal it (it was a huge weasel thing). She can have it.
Me: No. Thanks anyway but she has plenty of toys.
Them: We insist!

Next day:

Me: Hi - is this yours?
Them: Yes (pissing themselves laughing by that stage).
Me: Little thief!
Them: She can't have this one - it's a special childhood toy.
Me: You might like to check your security :-)
Them: Nice to meet you again.

Holly brought home all sorts of things including commercial painting brushes. I have no idea where any of most of it came from. She grew out of it.
Report Spam   Logged
dragontamer
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2009, 05:31:09 pm »

PMSL - I can see you in that conversation. 
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2009, 05:58:30 pm »

PMSL - I can see you in that conversation. 

They were lovely people. Must admit when they first opened the door and saw me standing there with the weasel, I thought they were going to call the cops.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2009, 06:41:34 pm by Alicat » Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2009, 04:45:53 pm »

Bailey's going to meet her Uncle In2fix in another 4 weeks.
Report Spam   Logged
Magoo
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2009, 06:38:11 pm »

Grin   My late MIL had a cat burglar that caused her no end of embarassment.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: