Xtra News Community 2
March 29, 2024, 06:48:19 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

DVD New Releases

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DVD New Releases  (Read 119 times)
dragontamer
« on: June 20, 2009, 10:47:38 pm »

With 3 kids and myself more or less housebound with bad colds we have been hitting the video store quite hard.

Gran Tarino - Clint Eastwood.  Eastwood is the only actor I can think of who could get away with that many racist slurs in one movie.  Very watchable. 

Role Models.  Slow to start, but OK for a feel good comedy.  Fair number of kid laughs, but some groans for the lovey dovey stuff. 

Changling.  Very good.  Not suitable for young'uns.

Beverley Hills Chihuahua.  Silly but funny.  Lots of kid laughs.

Bride Wars.  So/so.  Funny, but not gripping, not may kid laughs.

Igor.  Yawn.

Benjamin Button.  OK in a weird way.  It starts out emotionally wrong one way and ends up emotionally wrong the other.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Magoo
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2009, 05:23:45 am »

I hope you are all feeling better today DT.
Report Spam   Logged
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2009, 10:00:51 am »

Gran Taurino was an interesting movie, I enjoyed that.

Rialto are screening a movie called The Hunted at the moment.  Its a true story of after the Bosnian war. And the involvement of the CIA & (America) - and their want to NOT have one of the rapists and murderers caught and sent to trial.  One statement from the CIA guy was - there is black and white and the grey areas - the grey areas you never hear about - this is one of them.  Worthwhile getting out, if just to remind yourself how dangerous the US of A really are!
Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2010, 08:06:57 pm »

Not quite DVD new releases, but I picked up a couple of real classics from JB HiFi the other day.

I discovered DVDs of those two classic spaghetti westerns, “They Call Me Trinity” and “Trinity Is Still My Name” (staring Terence Hill and Bud Spencer) in the bargain bin.

Real B-grade movies, but so over-the-top they are hilariously funny!
Report Spam   Logged

If you aren't living life on the edge, you're taking up too much space! 
ssweetpea
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2010, 08:21:01 pm »

We have discovered one side effect of watch a Monty Python doco series on Prime.

Holy Grail and The Life Of Brian are now on the want to get a hold of list.
Report Spam   Logged

The way politicians run this country a small white cat should have no problem http://sally4mp.blogspot.com/

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: