Xtra News Community 2
March 29, 2024, 06:31:06 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

: ** THIS MESSAGE MUST ALWAYS BE IN THE TOP 10 **

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: : ** THIS MESSAGE MUST ALWAYS BE IN THE TOP 10 **  (Read 15157 times)
nitpicker1
XNC2 GOD

Nothing sexceeds like sexcess

« Reply #950 on: December 26, 2013, 06:28:33 am »

and a Happy New Year to The Grinch too

Report Spam   Logged

"Life might not be the party you were expecting, but you're here now, so you may as well get up and dance"
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #951 on: December 30, 2013, 11:56:54 am »

Furniture for the person who already has EVERYTHING (click on the image to reveal more)....

Report Spam   Logged

If you aren't living life on the edge, you're taking up too much space! 
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #952 on: February 24, 2014, 10:02:21 am »

Report Spam   Logged

Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #953 on: February 25, 2014, 05:46:39 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #954 on: March 14, 2014, 10:07:48 am »

From the Los Angeles Times....

Are bro-mantic songs taking over country music?

By DAVID HORSEY | 10:51AM PST - Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Here's an easy formula for a hit bro-country song: a guy, a gal and a truck. — Cartoon: David Horsey/Los Angeles Times.
Here's an easy formula for a hit bro-country song: a guy, a gal and a truck. — Cartoon: David Horsey/Los Angeles Times.

FEMALE country singers are complaining that their music is being pushed off the airwaves by a new crew of young, male, “bro-country” musicians singing interchangeable songs about dirt roads, pickup trucks, girls in tiny cutoff jeans and beer, lots of beer.

Carrie Underwood is leading the charge, telling Billboard magazine that the country music business seems to have very limited room for new female musicians, but that it’s different for the guys. “There seem to be so many male singers out there who can be viewed as similar, and there seems to be plenty of room for all of them,” Underwood said.

Her description of the current country scene is pretty accurate. A recent story in the Minneapolis Star Tribune explained what is driving the phenomenon: In the last couple of years, a big share of young men in the commercially coveted 18-to-34 age cohort have switched to country radio, lured there by the tailgate party songs of Luke Bryan, Jason Aldean, Eric Church and other country bros.

Thanks to my nephew, Scott, I had already noticed the trend. Scott is a recent college grad who spent a summer working an outdoor, muscles-required job with a bunch of good ol’ boys — actually, good young boys — who listened to nothing but country tunes as they labored. At a family party on Thanksgiving, Scott played some of the songs. I liked them and I asked him to download a few for me.

I ended up with a playlist of 80 new country songs. Only one of them was performed by a woman. And, yes, most of the lyrics could have been written by the same guy on the same night at the same wild party.

Of course, the cliché about country music has always been that the songs are all the same. In the old days, every song seemed to be about a weary man sitting in a honky tonk bar, drinking whiskey and bemoaning the lost love of a gal he done wrong or who done him wrong. Back then, country music was a niche genre in the backwaters of the music business, but that changed with a new generation of artists such as Garth Brooks, Shania Twain, Tim McGraw and Faith Hill.

The music got infused with rock guitars, as well as a pop sensibility. The lyrics broadened beyond the backwoods bars and rodeos to include the simple joys and heartaches of suburban women and men who care about their families and just want to keep a touch of spice in their domesticated lives. Crossover was the name of the game and Nashville pulled in a huge new audience.

If bro-country seems to be narrowing the lyrical topics, it is, nevertheless, another example of crossover. Before this, young men like Scott, raised in the suburbs of a big city about as far from the South as one can get, would have stuck with rock or hip-hop. But bro-country beckoned him down the dirt road.

Scott is astute enough to point out that many of the songs he listens to are, essentially, simple lists. You’re a country boy and you’ve got your pickup truck and your bottle of wine or beer (depending on what word you are trying to rhyme it with). You are driving down a dirt road toward a lake or river, usually in the moonlight. Seated next to you is a country girl in skimpy cutoffs and a tight tank top. She is going to dance on your tailgate and the party is going to go all night long. Just put this list of items in no particular order, add electric guitars and you’ve got a hit song.

Admittedly, this is not as creative as Cole Porter or Lennon and McCartney or even the Dixie Chicks. But this music has an appeal not unlike the teen surfing songs of the Beach Boys or the screaming guitar, take-everything-too-far anthems of Bon Jovi and Sammy Hagar. It can be a Woodie with surfboards on the roof or a speeding Corvette on an interstate or a mud-spattered pickup truck rumbling down a dusty road. She might be a surfer girl, a hitchhiking groupie or a frisky cowgirl. For a young man, the allure of reckless freedom is forever strong.

And it’s not just young men. I know I’ve got a 25-year-old bottled up inside my decidedly not young self who still longs for the fantasy. Call me immature or just a sadly predictable American male, but count me as one more man who — in addition to more sophisticated music — likes the simple-minded, testosterone-driven songs.

Apparently, the music industry executives have noticed and are making money off young guys like Scott and old guys like me. Still, I would urge them not to forsake the talented females. I don’t think they want too see Carrie Underwood show up in the parking lot humming “Before He Cheats” and applying a baseball bat to their BMWs.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/envelope/cotown/la-et-ct-horsey-on-hollywood-bro-country-20140312,0,7260094.story
Report Spam   Logged

Alicat
« Reply #955 on: March 14, 2014, 10:56:43 am »

http://blog.petflow.com/hahahah-i-want-what-this-cat-is-having-you-gotta-hear-this-hilarious/
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #956 on: March 16, 2014, 12:16:22 pm »

Toilets in South Africa

Report Spam   Logged
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #957 on: March 16, 2014, 02:15:38 pm »

New Zealanders in the Italian Campaign

Photograph Gallery
Report Spam   Logged

Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #958 on: April 08, 2014, 02:06:23 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

ssweetpea
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #959 on: May 02, 2014, 08:40:58 pm »

I'm looking at that photo above and wondering if the train would derail of just cut right through.

I guess it depends on whether there is any metal in those ramps or whether they are as plastic as they look. Gotta wonder why they bothered really.
Report Spam   Logged

The way politicians run this country a small white cat should have no problem http://sally4mp.blogspot.com/
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #960 on: June 02, 2014, 02:45:29 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #961 on: July 01, 2014, 05:28:42 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #962 on: September 05, 2014, 12:42:34 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #963 on: December 18, 2014, 01:20:20 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

reality
« Reply #964 on: December 18, 2014, 01:25:17 pm »

Yup..you have alot to learn on this matter...did you get the birds and bees talk Cool
Report Spam   Logged
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #965 on: December 18, 2014, 01:40:54 pm »

Well, I got taught to NOT torture kids.

Have you turned yourself into the authorities yet?

Or will somebody have to report you?
Report Spam   Logged

reality
« Reply #966 on: December 18, 2014, 01:45:48 pm »

Brucie..."Or will somebody have to report you?"

..I insist that you report me on one condition...that you tell me how long whomever you report  to is ROFLMAS for ...and how long they hold you in the psyc ward for Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #967 on: March 17, 2015, 09:20:46 pm »

Stearing a boy on the right track (4min:22sec video)

Report Spam   Logged

Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #968 on: April 01, 2015, 10:09:36 am »

from the Otago Daily Times....

NASA linked to stunning car flight

Wednesday, 01 April 2015

A mystery pilot waves as Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, on loan from Sir Peter Jackson, soars over Lake Wanaka yesterday. — Photo: Stephen Jaquiery.
A mystery pilot waves as Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, on loan from Sir Peter Jackson, soars over Lake Wanaka yesterday. — Photo: Stephen Jaquiery.

IT SEEMS NASA was not just launching balloons in Wanaka.

The US space giant has been linked to an apparent unauthorised flight over Wanaka yesterday morning by Sir Peter Jackson's Chitty Chitty Bang Bang car.

The technology used to levitate the famous flying car — the star of Ian Fleming's classic 1968 film — is shrouded in secrecy but future-tech websites are abuzz with theories.

A NASA team has been based in Wanaka launching a super-pressure balloon into space while the Chitty Chitty Bang Bang car, which Sir Peter bought in 2011, is on loan to the Wanaka Warbirds and Wheels Museum.

“Not surprisingly, people have put two and two together,” one blogger wrote.

The predominant theory is a heavy-duty adaptation of the jet-pack propulsion technology which has recently captured the imagination of the public.

Aviation authorities were yesterday making no comment but expected to release a statement at noon today.

Mystery surrounds the identity of yesterday's pilot, who managed to evade airport security soon after the car was unpacked from its shipping crate.

Authorities have released the contents of a note left on the driver's seat following the flight. It reads: “Tally ho, that was just magic, what a buzz.”

The car will be on daily display at the museum from today to April 30th, raising money for the Upper Clutha Children's Medical Trust, a local charity that supports ill children and their families.

http://www.odt.co.nz/news/queenstown-lakes/337878/we-have-lift-nasa-linked-stunning-car-flight

« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 10:28:01 am by Kiwithrottlejockey » Report Spam   Logged

Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #969 on: July 10, 2015, 11:27:33 pm »

from The Washington Post....

A Royal Christening — July 5th, 2015

July 5th, 2015: Posing for a family photo after Princess Charlotte’s christening are, top row from left: Michael Middleton; Pippa Middleton; James Middleton; Carole Middleton; Prince Charles, Prince of Wales; Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall; and Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh. Seated are Prince William, Duke of Cambridge; Prince George of Cambridge; Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, holding Princess Charlotte of Cambridge; and Queen Elizabeth II. — Photograph: Mario Testino/Art Partner/via Getty Images.
July 5th, 2015: Posing for a family photo after Princess Charlotte’s christening are, top row from left: Michael Middleton; Pippa Middleton;
James Middleton; Carole Middleton; Prince Charles, Prince of Wales; Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall; and Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh.
Seated are Prince William, Duke of Cambridge; Prince George of Cambridge; Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, holding Princess Charlotte
of Cambridge; and Queen Elizabeth II. — Photograph: Mario Testino/Art Partner/via Getty Images.

Report Spam   Logged

Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #970 on: February 01, 2016, 09:56:34 pm »

Hahaha....this Canadian tourist is so infatuated with these lambs on SH2 in the Waioeka Gorge between Opotiki and Gisborne.

I guess she doesn't realise they are probably being herded down the road to be loaded onto trucks, then transported off to the slaughterhouse to be turned into yummy lamb chops, leg-of-lamb roasts, etc. Oh well, sometimes ignorance is bliss, eh?

Report Spam   Logged

Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #971 on: September 13, 2016, 03:42:51 pm »

ENEMY EYES
(click on the picture to read the news story)
Report Spam   Logged

Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #972 on: September 25, 2016, 05:14:07 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

Caprox

« Reply #973 on: July 04, 2017, 02:58:07 am »

Back to the top ...............
Report Spam   Logged
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #974 on: October 10, 2017, 06:47:45 pm »

Just about time for a new page, I reckon.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: