Xtra News Community 2
April 19, 2024, 11:07:26 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Miss Universe ditches Dorkland for Levin!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Miss Universe ditches Dorkland for Levin!  (Read 101 times)
chevy

Chevy from the Levy

« on: February 21, 2009, 11:08:57 pm »

havnt got a link yet but its true. The Miss Universe Show is being held in small town Levin, seems peole like the flavour of returning to small town NZ where most of us come from. Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

bye bye American Pie

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

chevy

Chevy from the Levy

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2009, 11:12:07 pm »

what on earth went wrong? did Orkland places give extravagent quotes or something...

Local HDC Mayor Brendan Duffy is sending a letter of invitation to Miss Universe owner ... Donald Trump! being small town and beautiful New Zealand it is rumored he is coming to the event, Whoa!
Report Spam   Logged

bye bye American Pie
dragontamer
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2009, 11:17:47 pm »

Now I've got that song stuck in my head..... the good ol' boys drinking whiskey and rye....

Anyway, onto your subject.  I think that is exactly what happened.  I don't think it is the money spinner it once was, and they will all be panicking with the economy doing flipflops.  Good on Levin.  Hope they make a bundle AND will probably turn the show into something worth watching by the rest of us for a change.
Report Spam   Logged
bump head benny
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2009, 03:19:56 am »

I saw the Donald on Lettermen friday night. He explained a helluva lot about the world wide recession, its also the rate of unemployment in the US thats causing a lot of the smaller banks to go under. Theyre being picked off by the larger banks who are buying up all the debt markers to consolidate power. He reckoned he asked a bank for $400 million a while back but they offered him $600 million instead. Apparently they were doing stuff like that in the lead up to all this recession BS. Of course when George Bush's corporate buddies decided it was cheaper to move their plants to China they threw their US workers on the scrapheap faster than you can say WTF??..., so now there are thousands of Americans living in their cars fer krissakes!!!
Yeah good one Georgie boy, freedom and democracy my ass.The only freedom he was pushing was the freedom for corporate America to use child labour, pay peanut wages and set up McArabian McDonalds and KFC in the middle east.
 Angry

Anyhoo...I doubt if miss Universe will be in Levin but if it is Ill be there to try and catch a glimpse of the beauties.
Report Spam   Logged

Lets kill all the warmongers.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: