Xtra News Community 2
April 19, 2024, 01:37:01 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

NO thanks, Facebook, I don't want to join

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NO thanks, Facebook, I don't want to join  (Read 4904 times)
nitpicker1
XNC2 GOD

Nothing sexceeds like sexcess

« Reply #50 on: April 08, 2012, 12:09:52 pm »

Aussie gets the boot after slagging 'retarded' Kiwis

5:50 AM Saturday Apr 7, 2012

Cartoon/ Rod Emmerson

A high-flying Australian executive has lost his job after he called New Zealanders "retarded" and said women had "no place in business or politics".

Ben Polis, the 30-year-old former chief executive of EnergyWatch, made a series of comments on his Facebook page attacking Aborigines, Asians and Australia's Prime Minister Julia Gillard, who he described as a "peasant" - but New Zealanders didn't escape the lashing either.

"You only take them to places like Gallipoli and the world cup of cricket so you don't feel bad. Just like your retarded cousin goes to the movies," he wrote.

In another message he slammed the role women played in politics and in business. "Women have no place in business or politics. They shouldn't even be allowed to vote. And it's all New Zealand's fault, since 1893. Yea [sic] let's let the women cook and vote. Great idea."

Mr Polis has resigned as chief executive while the company battles to retain key clients who are appalled with what he has said - among them major sports teams like Melbourne Demons, Melbourne Rebels and Melbourne Victory.

"These were jokes between friends," Mr Polis said. "Have they been taken out of context? Yes. Did I say them? 100 per cent ... I'm not a racist person."

He said there wasn't any hatred behind them. "I'm not like a neo-Nazi is what I'm trying to say."

Elizabeth Bang, president of the New Zealand Council of Women, was disgusted by the remarks.

"I think we should be so proud that New Zealand was the first [to allow women to vote] because it wasn't easy. The poor suffragists just had to keep on going and going so they need to be admired."

She "absolutely" condemned the comments and welcomed the swift response by sports teams who dumped his company as a sponsor.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=10797185

meanwhile ...

Man stood down for calling NZers 'retarded'

Newstalk ZBApril 7, 2012, 7:50 am

... The company says it's concerned about his health. ...  ?

http://nz.news.yahoo.com/a/-/top-stories/13366153/man-stood-down-for-calling-nzers-retarded/

POLL:

http://nz.news.yahoo.com/cloud/polls/popup/0956c681-349e-3d18-b37c-e7ec48ff5235/

I have neither read the results nor recorded a vote. Who's winning? 

Report Spam   Logged

"Life might not be the party you were expecting, but you're here now, so you may as well get up and dance"

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: