Xtra News Community 2
March 30, 2024, 01:09:34 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Problem setting Disk Quota Management in Windows Server 2003

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Problem setting Disk Quota Management in Windows Server 2003  (Read 868 times)
Crusader
« on: February 22, 2010, 11:42:01 am »

I have been trying to resolve an issue I am having at work for the last couple of days and am hoping someone out there has some experience on Windows Server 2003. I am trying to introduce a disk quota management on one of the volumes where users are limited to the amount of data the can store on that volume. Unfortunately after I have gone through the Quota tab on the volume and enabled everything and enabled all the Quota properites for the Group Policy of the domain, users can still store data greater to the limit I have set with no alerts.
After running the command GPRESULT, I get the following error

The following GPOs were not applied because they were filtered out

Disk Quotas
      Filtering: Not Applied (Empty)

Any ideas?
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

DazzaMc
Don't give me Karma!
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 01:01:17 pm »

You've followed this with no luck?

http://www.windowsnetworking.com/articles_tutorials/Configuring-Disk-Quotas-Windows-2003.html

I have 4 machines here running Server 03 - but I've never setup Disk Quota's before - I've never had the need.

Smiley

Report Spam   Logged

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
Crusader
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2010, 01:14:46 pm »

Yeah I have already had a look at that site and followed the instructions but still no luck. I also have never had the need to setup Disk Quotas but it is part of the course syallabus that I will be teaching next month. It is starting to really frustrate me. Thanks anyway will try some other avenues.
Report Spam   Logged
Crusader
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2010, 05:57:14 am »

Figured it out, the account I used to test the settings on had administrator access which overrided the policy. I needed to use a user account. Works perfectly. Oh well I now have some useful troubleshooting tools to teach now  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
DazzaMc
Don't give me Karma!
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2010, 08:24:32 am »

Lol...  the first thing I went to post was to 2x's check the users and policies were working as expected - then I deleted that.... figured you would have already done that.

I do the same thing, I always look for the hardest thing first only to discover the problem is actually a really simple and dumb thing.
Drives me nuts sometimes!

Report Spam   Logged

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: