Xtra News Community 2
April 20, 2024, 12:59:19 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Rainy Day Activities

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rainy Day Activities  (Read 520 times)
ballasted moth
Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« on: February 20, 2009, 08:11:33 am »

I see this forum is more popular on rainy days

I had hoped to play golf today but it has been cancelled
Report Spam   Logged

Greens are really RED

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2009, 08:12:30 am »

LOL Come on now - on any rainy day theres usually a half a dozen dicks out wif brollys up bashing balls around.
Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.
Brownie55
Global Moderator

OK, so what’s the speed of dark?

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2009, 08:13:33 am »

I am stuck on the farm all by myself with nothing to do ......  I will be here all day.
Report Spam   Logged

I almost had a psychic boyfriend, but he left me before we met.
Nitpicker1
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2009, 10:21:35 am »

Have you got rain, Brownie?
Severe weather warning

Metservice has issued a heavy rain warning for parts of Otago.

Two days of steady rain is likely and some areas may accumulate 150mm during this period. People in these areas should keep up to date with the latest forecasts and warnings and be aware of rising river levels and the possibility of surface flooding.

For details and updates go to the Metservice website.
I am just in from moving the sprinkler, nothing here yet, we've still got drought

Report Spam   Logged
Brownie55
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2009, 10:35:15 am »

Been raining here in Mayfield all night and all day so far. Not heavy but steady. 
I am finally getting bored  caught myself in the pantry talking to the food. Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

Nitpicker1
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2009, 11:33:24 am »

Housebound Brownie?   Get out and see what it's like elsewhere

http://www.methvengolf.co.nz/cms/webcam3.html

http://www.skyline.co.nz/queenstown/webcams  http://www.queenstownairport.co.nz/facilities/webcam/

http://www.diamondharbour.org.nz/Local%20Weather.html  and the operator of this one is doing a protest?  http://joker.41south.net.nz/weather/photo.jpeg

http://www.raglanweather.co.nz/     http://www.citynews.co.nz/webcams/citycam.php

http://hamiltonweather.co.nz/Webcam.htm

Now pop back into your bed and pull the blankies over your head

Report Spam   Logged
beaker
Senator
Part-Of-The-Furniture Member

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2009, 11:43:07 am »

Mr B is in Auckland for the Iron Maiden concert, so I'm home with the kids today.

The weather is so crap, that my hopes to out in the garden have gone down the gurgler.  I went and hired some DVDs for the kids and they're watching those while I'm on the puter.
Report Spam   Logged

This job is a test . . . It is only a test . . . Had this been a real job . . . it would have come with raises, promotions and other signs of appreciation!!!
Nitpicker1
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2009, 11:56:33 am »

ah!!!  IT'S JUST STARTED here, Grin not heavy yet and a camper who left this morning has come back for another night.

Must be worse over the hill. Been waiting for this for a month, it's welcome.

Dunno whether to turn the sprinkler off or leave it going. Undecided
Report Spam   Logged
Ferney

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2009, 11:59:39 am »

I came home halfway during the morning cos I thought I'd left a window open.  Made a coffee, went back to work and it was nearly lunchtime so I came home again.
I love wet days.   The rain is so heavy in Auks the wipers can't cope and was like driving through fog. 
I'm going to collect 8yr old from school soon and then read the paper, maybe work out the GST.   On wet days if I'm home I usually tidy cupboards.  Don't know why, maybe thats what my mother did.     
Report Spam   Logged
Ferney

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2009, 12:01:31 pm »

Leave the sprinkler on Nitz, then it will rain.  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
k1w14ever
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2009, 12:06:48 pm »

had no rain for 2 days grass is now dry enough to mow,  so want no rain at all until at least sunday. Dave needs to do alot outside so we can move.
Report Spam   Logged

The length of a film should be directly related to the endurance of the human bladder.
Brownie55
Global Moderator

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2009, 12:35:50 pm »

It is getting cold here now, have braved the rain and got logs in and lit the fire.   
What happened to Feb being the hottest month?
Report Spam   Logged

relaxed1
Bloody-Good Member

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2009, 12:40:03 pm »

oooOOOooh i live in the rainy city ...and give me muh blanky and the remote..to the tv and dvd...lol
Report Spam   Logged

I know how i am and your approval isn't needed
Nitpicker1
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2009, 12:43:31 pm »

Mow it early-early on Sunday so it wakes the neighbours, K1w1.

Have you got everything packed up yet?

Here's a VID from about the same time Feb 22nd 2007 when our last real drought broke. Grass is drier now  Sad

Ferney, I turned it off in case it really rained, I'd wash the drive away

Brownie, keep AWAY from the pantry

Report Spam   Logged
k1w14ever
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2009, 12:51:38 pm »

just about packed.  move out on the 13th so have a couple of weeks.  I packed most of the kitchen stuff I thought I would not need and then I needed something Huh  It is good in a way as I am really getting rid of heaps of stuff that I have not used in years.
Report Spam   Logged

The length of a film should be directly related to the endurance of the human bladder.
Kiwithrottlejockey
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2009, 12:52:58 pm »

My Rainy Day Activities are grabbing anything I haven't already saved (that I don't have on a hard-drive somewhere) in the way of image files I have uploaded to various MSN groups. Today is the last chance I have, because MSN are going to pull-the-plug on 21st February (their time), which I suspect will be 22nd February our time due to those 'mericans living in the past and being almost a day behind us. However, as I will be away from early tomorrow morning until late on Tuesday afternoon, and probably won't have any internet access during that time, today is my last chance!

RIP MSN Groups!
Report Spam   Logged
ssweetpea
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2009, 12:54:14 pm »

I was going to do some gardening as well.

I have got parsnip seed to sew and some swede seed. Dunno if the swede with grow up here but a harvest of ½kg would pay for the seed so I reckon it would be worth trying.

I have been on the kings seeds web site instead - the kids will have to put up with weird coloured cauliflower and broccoli this year
Report Spam   Logged

The way politicians run this country a small white cat should have no problem http://sally4mp.blogspot.com/
Shef
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2009, 01:35:30 pm »

Don't laugh Sweetpea, but just before the swedes are ready, dump a bucket of ice on them overnight. They really are much sweeter after a frost. (I'm assuming you don't get many of those where you are Cheesy)

It's raining here, and thankfully it's not 29 degrees as they were forecasting (in fact it's getting a bit chilly)
Mr S just got home absolutely soaked - they've been putting up a silo at work.
Report Spam   Logged

Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get.
Brownie55
Global Moderator

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2009, 01:46:30 pm »

I am at the "Will I have a cuppa or a wine or a whiskey" stage.   perhaps I should open the fridge and see what talks to me. Shocked
Report Spam   Logged

Shef
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2009, 01:49:37 pm »

Just out of interest Brownie, which items were you talking to in the pantry  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get.
Kiwithrottlejockey
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2009, 01:52:35 pm »

I've got a bottle of 12-Years-Old Johnnie Walker Black Label Old Scotch Whisky right at my feet underneath the computer desk.

It's actually 20 years old, because a friend picked it up duty-free on the way to the 2001 Classic Fighters Airshow at Omaka, Blenheim and gave it to me. But because my liver was a bit dodgy at the time, I stashed it away. However, now that my liver is okay, it's going to the 2009 Classic Fighters Airshow at Omaka this coming Easter and is going to be drunk!!  Grin

Anyway....it's no longer a Rainy Day at my place. The rain stopped about an hour ago and I can see lots of patches of blue sky through holes in he clouds and even a bit of sunshine is getting through the holes now! Time to bugger off up town (just down the end of the block) and do all the things I should have done earlier today, but put off because it was pissing down!
Report Spam   Logged
AnFaolchu

100th (Gordon) Highlanders 1794

« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2009, 01:54:52 pm »

Rainy Day Activities.....

Sex

or playing cards

like poker

strip poker
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2009, 01:59:46 pm »

I am at the "Will I have a cuppa or a wine or a whiskey" stage.   perhaps I should open the fridge and see what talks to me. Shocked

One shouldn't have to make such difficult decisions when it's wet and cold (in the middle of summer) sooooooooooo have the lot Brownie
Report Spam   Logged
Kiwithrottlejockey
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2009, 02:03:26 pm »

Who said anything about it being wet and cold?

It has been wet an warm at my place!
Report Spam   Logged
Ferney

« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2009, 02:07:58 pm »

Thats something I couldn't get used to.  Living 4 years in Canterbury and it was so cold when it rained in summer.     
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: