Xtra News Community 2
April 19, 2024, 07:13:29 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Naked cyclist takes it to the High Court

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Naked cyclist takes it to the High Court  (Read 1814 times)
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #75 on: March 05, 2010, 11:01:20 am »

It the natural way of things was that we humans were REQUIRED to wear clothes, then we would be born wearing them.

I don't go running around naked myself, but I support the right of anyone who doesn't want to wear clothes to go without.

We were after all born naked, so I guess that must be the natural way of things, eh?
Report Spam   Logged

If you aren't living life on the edge, you're taking up too much space! 
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #76 on: December 20, 2014, 11:55:13 am »

from The Timaru Herald....

Naked cyclist ticketed for helmet fail

By SARAH JARVIS and MICHAEL DALY | 12:57PM - Monday, 15 December 2014

WORLD NAKED BIKE RIDE 2010: As this pair shows, helmets are important even if clothes are not. — Photo: HAYLEY GALE.
WORLD NAKED BIKE RIDE 2010: As this pair shows, helmets are important even if clothes are not.
 — Photo: HAYLEY GALE.

A NAKED CYCLIST has been ticketed by police — for not wearing his helmet, not for his lack of clothing.

And despite having apparently been drinking, he wasn't charged for drink-driving either.

The man was stopped on Timaru's High Street at 3.30pm yesterday and Timaru police Senior Sergeant Randel Tikitiki said he wasn't charged with indecent exposure, because that would “depend on what could be seen”.

Tikitiki said the cyclist could also have been charged with careless use of a vehicle, but police opted to charge him with not wearing a helmet.

A New Zealand Transport Agency spokeswoman said there was no legal alcohol limit for cycling.

“But there is an offence of careless use of a vehicle, and as ‘vehicle’ is defined in a way that includes bicycles, it could be used,” she said.

“While impairment on its own would unlikely result in a conviction, impairment combined with erratic driving behaviour — ie weaving all over the road and getting in the way of other drivers — possibly could.”

“There is a maximum fine of $3,000 and the court may disqualify from holding of obtaining a driver's licence for a period.”

NAKED CRIMES

• Tauranga naked runner Andrew Pointon received international attention for a successful appeal to the High Court after being found guilty of a charge of offensive behaviour. A woman walking her dog had complained after seeing Pointon, wearing only a pair of shoes, running in a forest near Tauranga in 2011. Police arrested and charged Pointon as he emerged from the forest after another run. He was found guilty in Tauranga District Court of offensive behaviour but appealed to the High Court and Justice Paul Heath upheld the appeal in a decision in 2012. Heath said Pointon was a genuine naturist who had chosen a time of day when it was unlikely children would be on the track. Pointon was not so lucky after being found guilty of offensive behaviour for gardening at his home and mowing the lawn on two dates in 2012. He appealed those cases but this time Justice Heath dismissed his appeal, endorsing the District Court finding that Pointon had known he would cause offence to some of his neigbours but did it anyway.

• Nude cyclist Nick Lowe successfully appealed a conviction for riding his bike naked near Upper Hutt on World Nude Bike Day 2010. Lowe was convicted for offensive behaviour but the conviction was quashed by the High Court. Lowe has run the Coast to Coast naked from the waist down and regularly trained in the buff.

• Hikers walking naked through the bush have caused their share of excitement. The magazine Wilderness has reported on naked men seen on tracks around Wanaka and in the Waitakere Ranges near Auckland, and even believes one of its staff writers came across a man often seen unclothed in the Waitakeres. The man was sitting above a water hole near the edge of Piha's popular Kitakita Falls in December 2012, and said he was just taking a dip. A naked hiker seen on a track near Wanaka in December 2011 was wearing only a backpack, cap and shoes. An international hiking forum rated New Zealand one of the best countries in the world in which to hike naked, partly because the country had a low population and a large area of park land.

• Many New Zealanders appear prone to public nudity if the mood is right, with officials counting 745 participants in a world record attempt for the largest skinny-dip in Gisborne last December, with Rhythm and Vines Festival-goers among those taking part.

• Rugby attracts its fair share of nudists, with streakers at two All Blacks games this year getting plenty of attention. Builder Adam Holtslag admitted a charge of offensive behaviour after taking to the field during a game against England in Dunedin in June. But the incident was mostly memorable for the controversy around the powerful tackle on the streaker by security guard Brad Hemopo, who shortly before had been named in Canterbury rugby's ITM Cup wider training squad. Rose Kupa, who ran onto the park at Napier in September during a game against Argentina, was let off with a warning. She gave All Black Israel Dagg a slap on the bum, although later said she had been aiming for Richie McCaw.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/timaru-herald/news/64162524/Naked-cyclist-ticketed-for-helmet-fail
Report Spam   Logged

Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #77 on: February 24, 2016, 08:06:27 pm »

from The Marlborough Express....

Nude cyclist Nick Lowe identified as mystery rider in leopard G-string

Helmet, shoes and a thong — the right gear for cycling, says Nick Lowe.

By JESSY EDWARDS | 8:35PM - Tuesday, 23 February 2016

Naked cyclist Nick Lowe. — Photo: Cameron Burnell/Fairfax NZ.
Naked cyclist Nick Lowe. — Photo: Cameron Burnell/Fairfax NZ.

A NUDE CYCLIST who caused a thong and dance in Marlborough has been exposed — he's Lower Hutt naturist Nick Lowe.

He attracted more than a few glances last week as he rode along State Highway 6 between Havelock and Blenheim, wearing only a helmet, shoes and a leopard-print thong, handmade by his wife.

“I must take my hat off to the Marlborough drivers, they gave me a wide berth,” he said on Tuesday from his home in Petone.

It turns out he has a collection of bespoke G-strings he wears while cycling — but he'd rather wear nothing at all.

He has even been through the courts in the past, defending his right to be naked in public.

A woman complained after seeing him cycling in the buff along Akatarawa Road, Upper Hutt, on World Nude Bike Day in 2009.

He was charged and convicted for riding naked, but appealed it as far as the High Court, where he won.

“It was a very stressful time,” Lowe admits.

“But I thought I'd go in balls-and-all and fight the conviction. It cost $5,000 to defend the $200 fine, but it was about the principle.”

Justice Clifford said at the time that Lowe's nakedness had not met the test of offensive behaviour, and he quashed the conviction and fine.

He always wears a helmet, he just doesn't always wear pants. — Photo: Cameron Burnell/Fairfax NZ.
He always wears a helmet, he just doesn't always wear pants. — Photo: Cameron Burnell/Fairfax NZ.

Lowe says being a naturist is about being comfortable, not about exhibitionism.

“Naturism is about enjoying life without the encumbrance of clothes.”

He first realised he liked letting it all hang loose when he was about 12.

One of the only times he remembers feeling nervous taking his kit off was when he first went to a nudist beach with his first wife. They were walking down the beach hand-in-hand when they bumped into someone he knew.

“But when you're naked conversing with someone, it makes you realise no-one gives a shit.”

He and his wife, who is also into naturism after meeting him, worked out they could save money if she sewed him the G-strings he prefers as underwear.

The fire risk assessor is also into other sports: he does the Coast to Coast, kayaks, and competes in adventure races, often training completely in the nude.

“I often kayak out to Somes Island with nothing on.”

Being naked in public is all about the intent to offend, he says.

“If there's a big group of people, you're more likely to offend someone. I could walk down Lambton Quay in a G-string and no one could do anything, but I wouldn't do that.”

He will be baring all in the South Island again for the World Naked Bike Ride in Golden Bay on March 12th.

As he puts it, just bring your bike and nothing else to Tarakohe Harbour at 3pm to ride to Pohara.

Read more on this topic:

• Mystery Marlborough cyclist bares almost all as he rides SH1 in G-string

• Naked cyclist not offensive, judge rules

• Naked cyclist ticketed for helmet fail

http://www.stuff.co.nz/marlborough-express/77199631
Report Spam   Logged

guest49
« Reply #78 on: February 25, 2016, 05:06:22 am »

What these exhibitionists need, is someone to drive past and push a freshly dug up wasp nest off the back of the ute.............
Report Spam   Logged
Im2Sexy4MyPants
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #79 on: February 25, 2016, 09:58:00 am »

not exactly eye candy is it ?
ooooooooooh look at me i am old fat,ugly with spots on my bum
naked on my bike and once seen i can't be unseen hahaha lol

imagination pollution lol
Report Spam   Logged

Are you sick of the bullshit from the sewer stream media spewed out from the usual Ken and Barby dickless talking point look a likes.

If you want to know what's going on in the real world...
And the many things that will personally effect you.
Go to
http://www.infowars.com/

AND WAKE THE F_ _K UP
Crusader
« Reply #80 on: February 25, 2016, 04:18:30 pm »

We are the only species on the planet that is so obsessed in looking good. I think we should all ditch the clothes. If someone  wants to ride naked, LET THEM! Too many retards that lack an understanding of the concept of a 360 degree arc if vision. If you don't like what you see in one direction, look somewhere else.
Report Spam   Logged
nitpicker1
XNC2 GOD

Nothing sexceeds like sexcess

« Reply #81 on: February 25, 2016, 04:48:46 pm »

I wonder if he is the subject in Lovelee's profile avatar?

Report Spam   Logged

"Life might not be the party you were expecting, but you're here now, so you may as well get up and dance"
Im2Sexy4MyPants
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #82 on: February 25, 2016, 05:30:19 pm »

i like to wear clothes because they come with pockets i can put things in,keep me warm and stop me getting sunburnt, plus i don't want to scare the children
but if walking around in public naked is your thing it won't bother me go for it lol
Report Spam   Logged

Are you sick of the bullshit from the sewer stream media spewed out from the usual Ken and Barby dickless talking point look a likes.

If you want to know what's going on in the real world...
And the many things that will personally effect you.
Go to
http://www.infowars.com/

AND WAKE THE F_ _K UP
nitpicker1
XNC2 GOD

Nothing sexceeds like sexcess

« Reply #83 on: February 25, 2016, 05:40:04 pm »

He was a lot younger when Lovelee tried this thread

http://www.stuff.co.nz/oddstuff/3337561/Naked-cyclist-in-the-hot-seat-again

I think the pic is still there

Report Spam   Logged

"Life might not be the party you were expecting, but you're here now, so you may as well get up and dance"

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: