Xtra News Community 2
April 19, 2024, 10:31:30 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

what would you do???

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: what would you do???  (Read 183 times)
k1w14ever
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

« on: February 18, 2009, 09:14:26 pm »

A friend  of mine phoned today to say her fridge started to smell burnt and so she got a man around and he said her 14 year old fridge is going to cost 450 dollars to get fixed.

I said get a new fridge, her hubbie wants to get it fixed.  He will not change his mind at all.
So what would you do?Huh
Report Spam   Logged

The length of a film should be directly related to the endurance of the human bladder.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Alicat
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2009, 09:32:43 pm »

A friend  of mine phoned today to say her fridge started to smell burnt and so she got a man around and he said her 14 year old fridge is going to cost 450 dollars to get fixed.

I said get a new fridge, her hubbie wants to get it fixed.  He will not change his mind at all.
So what would you do?Huh

I'd use the $450 that it would cost to fix the fridge as a deposit, then pay the rest off on hire purchase. Much better value for money cos fixing it might give it another year, but after that - who knows. It's a lot of money to spend when you can get a brand new fridge for under $1000 (depending what they want of course).
Report Spam   Logged
Newtown-Fella
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 11:10:19 pm »

............... 14 year old fridge ................

i would be replacing

a new fridge will be more energy efficient  Grin

burning smell means motor [ well it did when mine went pouff ]

other things wil start to fall over after 14 years ... gas & seals to name but two items

maybe they could pick up a good late model second hand fridge for around $450 ?

Report Spam   Logged
bump head benny
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2009, 02:18:25 am »

Repairing an old fridge for $450, is kind of stupid when a brand new shiny one would last much longer. (well youd hope it would)?
Report Spam   Logged

Lets kill all the warmongers.
donquixotenz
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

STILL TILTING

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2009, 04:19:00 am »

14 years old probably means was designed to run on now forbidden gas like freon or suchlike and new gas will not be as efficient also 450 is probably a good percentage of a new modern one that should give you another 14 years.
just buy a new one and present old stick in mud with fait acompli
Report Spam   Logged

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body.

But rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming...

WOW, What a Ride!"

Please note: IMHO and e&oe apply to all my posts.
bump head benny
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2009, 04:27:53 am »

So what do they use instead of freon?
Report Spam   Logged

Lets kill all the warmongers.
donquixotenz
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

STILL TILTING

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2009, 04:31:55 am »

ask an x-spurt Undecided
Report Spam   Logged

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body.

But rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming...

WOW, What a Ride!"

Please note: IMHO and e&oe apply to all my posts.
dragontamer
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2009, 07:00:40 am »

Fridges are designed to live 10 - 15 years and have been for years.  It's at the outside edge of that life expectancy.  It will be costly to run and inefficient.  $450 is a decent deposit on a new fridge and anyone preparing to fix a fridge that has a 'burnt smell' is unethical.  Is he going to replace the house and contents when it burns it down?
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: